Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

ForceStealer

Double Growth
:aah: This stuff comes in faster than I can frontpage it, lol (Though, sans translations, I'd say updates to the NA site are more newsworthy than Japanese ones.)

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Squall: "This guy's going to be tough."
Off all the characters in Dissidia , Squall worries about VAAN?!

inorite? I was thinking the same thing. A little OOC for Squall. Big scary dude with black armor? I don't need any help. Chick with snake-like creatures coming out of her ass? No prob. God of Chaos? Outta my way.

OMG! An effeminite teenage boy!! :scared:

Splintered

unsavory tart
:aah: This stuff comes in faster than I can frontpage it, lol (Though, sans translations, I'd say updates to the NA site are more newsworthy than Japanese ones.)
Ondore is pretty awesome.

That said, I think the Cid thing is pretty much fake, but you should probably mention the Yuna rumors, which are being confirmed by a number of people.

Plus an VI and IX level.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
What was all this talk about the lack of space on a UMD, by the way? How are they fitting so much more on this one? New characters, new music, new levels, did the first Dissidia only use half the disc or something?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
inorite? I was thinking the same thing. A little OOC for Squall. Big scary dude with black armor? I don't need any help. Chick with snake-like creatures coming out of her ass? No prob. God of Chaos? Outta my way.

OMG! An effeminite teenage boy!! :scared:

The meaning has been lost in translation, I'm guessing, and Squall isn't saying Vaan isn't hard to defeat, but that he's hard for Squall to deal with as a person.

Sephiroth: "It seems your hero isn't coming."

Loved this line. So succinct. So dickish.

Terra: "Let's find... the thing you have to protect?"

This quote to Sephiroth intrigues me, actually. I wonder what it references. Angeal and Genesis, perhaps?

Golbez: "You threw away glory... and what did you get in return?"

This one's poignant because Golbez comments on himself as much as Sephypoo.
Just goes to show that FF7 is just FF4 with new names and some cyberpunk.

Golbez: "The sky doesn't necessarily mean freedom."

Cecil: "It's not easy to travel in the sky!

This is interesting since Cecil and Golbez are often contrasted by their outlooks, but they seem to say the exact same thing here.

Last edited:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
For its final issue of the year, Famitsu has another big look at Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, along with an interview with producer Tetsuya Nomura and planning director Mitsunori Takahashi.
The two shared a few new details on the recently announced Laguna character. The FFVIII hero was actually supposed to have appeared in Kingom Heats Birth by Sleep, Nomura revealed. They'd even partially prepared a scenario where Laguna appears as the head of Mirage Arena. In the end, they decided that if they were to have a new character from FFVIII in Duodecim it would end up being Laguna, so they left him out of BbS.
One of the big surprises from the game's recent Jump Festa trailer was mention of a PSP hardware bundle. Square Enix has yet to provide a look at the special PSP system, but Nomura revealed to the magazine that it will have a Yoshitaka Amano illustration showing Chaos and Cosmos. The system will be pearl white, with the side frame being matte black.
More characters are on the way for the game. While there was no mention of the Jump trailer's hints at Yuna, Nomura said that the remaining character reveals will all come from the Final Fantasy games that were released on the Super Famicom/SNES and beyond.
Returning characters are seeing lots of changes. Among these, Final Fantasy VI's Kefka and Final Fantasy XI's Shantotto are seeing a considerable amount of work.
The past characters aren't all that's returning for Duodecim. Nomura revealed that the original's story will also be included. Once you clear Duodecim's story, you'll be able to unlock this. It's being fully remade to go along with Duodecim's new story mode, which is based off a 3D map system. The plot is the same, but you'll find more 2D events allowing you to explore the story deeper.
With two full stories, it may seem like Duodecim is going to offer a lot of play time. This is the case. Takahashi said to expect 15 hours of play time for Duodecim's story. Add in the original's story, and the total shoots up to 60 hours.
Getting ll that content to fit on a single UMD is apparently a tough task. Takahashi noted that the game has more summons and multiple times the battle music of the original. Takahashi also hinted that the Colosseum mode has become something very impressive. The programmers worked hard to make it all fit.
Regarding the 3D world map system, this is actually something that they'd wanted to include with the original Dissidia, Nomura said. By the time he'd given the order for the map system, they'd already completed the game's board-bast progression system, so they left it out.
The board-based system from the original Dissidia is still in Duodecim. Here, it takes the form of dungeons. Rather than having pieces moving like in the original Dissidia, the new system has improved tempo. Takahashi did not share specifics behind this.
We should be hearing more about Duodecim shortly. Nomura promised a surprise for the game at the January 18th 1st Production Department Premier event.
New info.
source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/21/nomura_takahashi_dissidia/

EDIT: ninja'd :monster:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Now, freaking seriously. How the hell does that fit?

I read somewhere that all of the recycled cutscenes from Shade Impulse might be cut, which would free up a considerable amount of space. Also, instead of having a story for each character, there's just one storyline that you change characters in. So instead of multiple, overlapping stories they gave that space to new stages, music, map, etc.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Duodecim's story only being 15 hours, while there's 45 hours added by the original story, seems kind of lame. New events or not, it's be nice to see more of the new story than reworking the old one.

Also:
http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/ULJM-05814

Preorders at Square's Japanese site. The initial batch of the game includes a download code for an extra Tifa costume.

Splintered

unsavory tart
The extra Tifa outfit is free with EU's release, no?

So does that mean we in NA also get extra costumes, just have to pay for it?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
This is the first I've heard of it, but I've not kept up with all the news lately.

I didn't just do a Mako and get excited about old news, did I? :sadpanda:

Top Bottom