Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
This provided me with much lulz. Thank you, Mako.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Well, I have to say thank you to Mako, because I didn't know all of that.

Also there's something about a Prologus? That was posted on ChaoticCosmos Tuesday.

Aaaaaneeeeehow... :P Yeah, sue me too. :D

roku

Pro Adventurer
I tried scouring some Japanese boards to see if they had any additional information about Yuna . The closest I could get was that Yuna was indeed confirmed and that they couldn't convince her original Japanese VA to participate in Duodecim. I'll have to dig up the exact wording later, but take it with a grain of salt. There was no source, no picture, no video. The only proof I found was that her Japanese VA retired a while back.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
So in light of the fact that I've been teasing others about being slow...

I know they're putting the first dissidia in duodecim. But they're adding the new characters to it? I'm confused now. So it's not just the original dissidia story with new maps/abilities. They're changing the story too?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I would imagine the new characters simply aren't available in the original's storyline.

And I still can't fathom how this fits on the disc. Even if they remove the Shade Impulse cutscenes. They were complaining about space when the first one came out, and now they have more characters, levels, and music including the original game. Have they just completely underrated the space of a UMD or were too lazy to compress stuff last time or what?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Oh. I thought I saw someone say that the story was being redone. I really didn't think they would change the story, but I had to second guess.

Mayhaps they were bullshitting us with the space :monster: They have a recent history of laziness. Wasn't there something with FFXIII that they left out?

BTW: "bullshitting" with two t's? idk, lol.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I would imagine the new characters simply aren't available in the original's storyline.

And I still can't fathom how this fits on the disc. Even if they remove the Shade Impulse cutscenes. They were complaining about space when the first one came out, and now they have more characters, levels, and music including the original game. Have they just completely underrated the space of a UMD or were too lazy to compress stuff last time or what?

Did SE finally learn some compression methods?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stuff they left out of XIII was an issue of time, not space, iirc.

I wasn't clear, but that's what I meant. It was like, "We thought of this, it would be so awesome, but it would take too much time and effort so we left it out." :( Maybe if they didn't already spend 5 years on it, they could have included it.

I think it was towns or a theme park or something along those lines. I think it was a theme park.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well they spent 5 years on the game, they had to get it out no matter how much they would have wanted to do something. In that case they were simply inefficient, not lazy.

Now, scrapping the DLC that would theoretically contain those extras - that's the lazy part.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Well they spent 5 years on the game, they had to get it out no matter how much they would have wanted to do something. In that case they were simply inefficient, not lazy.

VERY inefficient. Other games of similar quality do not take as long. I don't even know what to say about it.

Now, scrapping the DLC that would theoretically contain those extras - that's the lazy part.

The only thing I could think of this is if the recent epilogue and "don't forget her" message are an indication of a FFXIII-2, maybe they pulled the DLC to put it in there? A stretch, I think, but I tried.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
VERY inefficient. Other games of similar quality do not take as long. I don't even know what to say about it.

That was discussed a while ago, but I can't find the article from which we knew about it. Apparently they had a chaotic development because of a poor communication between development areas, and because, instead of thinking about a general idea for a plot, they just created a flashy video and, from that, they wrote the story.

Basically, they put the cart before the horse.

The only thing I could think of this is if the recent epilogue and "don't forget her" message are an indication of a FFXIII-2, maybe they pulled the DLC to put it in there? A stretch, I think, but I tried.

Anything is possible. I only hope it's a good sequel/DLC/whatever.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Ironically, the world/overarching story was pretty damn good. It was the presentation of that story that was lacking. But we've been up and down this road a billion times :P

That was my complaining, that they could have added more things :(

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The story is lacking, but, imo, not imcomplete.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I seriously can't wait to play the original Dissidia storyline with an actual 3D world map and shit. That's gonna be nice.

From what I heard, there were a lot of redundant character models, and hardly any compression in the game. So maybe they got it right.

Top Bottom