Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Why do people always capitalize the F in my name? -_- Eh, I'm used to it now

Awesome translation mino. I had to cut the original vid in half and re-render it so I could upload it within the 15 minute limit, but within the hour it'll be up and subtitled vids will be provided.

MinoSpelgud

Rookie Adventurer
No rush. I still have to translate the rest. That's only the first 4 min or so, so I need to get more out there before you can make a full 10 min =P

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
thanks muchly for the translation, Mino.
and the backgrounds, Drake. awesome stuff :3

I'm use to Cain but I try to remember using Kain on forums and stuff.
KainxLight, omg my new fav ship :')

otp forevar

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Awesome Mino, it's great we have such translators here :D

I did some translations from the Historial Compendium... should I post them?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
http://dissidiaforums.com/showthrea...ber-2-Movesets&p=215635&viewfull=1#post215635

Gilgamesh

Cross Slash
Sickle Wind
Swallow's Return
Twin Sword Deep
Wind Slash/Cutter (aerial/ground)

Electric Shock
Death Claw
Jump
Rocket Punch
Sword dance
Hurricane

Gilgamesh EX Burst [The Greatest Blade]
EX Effect [Eight Closed Sacred Sword Paths] (very rough translation)
He picks one of his 8 swords to use during EX mode each with own abilities

Excalibur
All damage is multiplied by 2

Excalipoor
All damage dealt is reduced to 1

Naginata (A type of Spear I believe)
Equip's a spear with incredible reach/range

Masamune
Generates a lot of EX Force

Genji's Katana
Depletes opponents EX Gauge

Zantetsu Sword
Quick Draw style of attack that can instantly cause Brave Break

Battle Axe (awesome)
A weapon with a wide range of damage, if lucky can hit for massive damage.

Chicken Knife(rofl)
Lower HP higher damage will be dealt (by user)

There are notes (sometimes silly) that describe the sword that were included but those were left out for now just so the effects could be translated first.

IE Chicken Knife's note: For some reason you hear the voice(yes voice) of a chicken while wielding it. The knife's effect(ability) resembling another knife's must be my imagination.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
What diet is Sephiroth on, the man looks 10 years younger.

Also is Lightning an entity akin to Garland or did she survive the last conflict how come she knows so much?

DrakeClawFang, you got Jecht twice and no Kain.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I welcome Giglamesh to my main use lists nao. Jecht, Emperor, Golbez (After Years) and Squall + Tifa, Lightning and Gilgamesh = HNNGGRRAAAAGH

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I don't know if the image has been posted before, but there you go. It's not like it's surprising or anything, but still.

prishef.jpg

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
From the Historical Compendieum

This is the story summery:
Mako Energy - very essential to each person's living in this new age of resources. The Shinra Company controls Mako Energy, and in a flash became a cooperate giant, seizing the world's hegemony. However, Mako energy is the planet's life itself, and using Mako Energy is simply nothing but the act of wearing down the life of the planet. Some people who held a sense of danger formed an anti-Shinra Company Organization. The resistances activity of Shinra has been expanding in the center the big city of Midgar.

While Cloud, a resourceful mercenary, was employed by the Anti Shinra group Avalanche, he was apathetic about the planet. However, his encounter with Aerith, a survivor of the Ancient Species who can speak to the planet, and learning about his former hero Sephiroth's revival being a threat to the planet gradually changed his intentions over time. Cloud chases Sephiroth, his enemy who destroyed his hometown, together with his friends who gathered to save the planet. In the journey, it becomes inevitable for him to face the truth that he was avoiding unconsciously. What is the truth of himself? What is he fighting for? Trouble notwithstanding, Cloud and his friends challenge the battle for the planet's future.

Cloud's profile:
A young man who was calling himself a member of Shinra Company's Elite Soldier "SOLDIER." [TN That's what it says idk] But the reality was that he no more than a mere soldier grunt. 5 years ago, the influence of the experiments done on his body caused him to build up a false persona and he thought he was an ex-SOLDIER. He was hired by the anti-Shinra organization Avalanche, and learns his bitter enemy Sephiroth who destroyed his home town is alive and chases him to settle the dispute.

Tifa's:
A member of Avalanche and the 7th Heaven Bar's poster girl. She excels in martial arts, and battles by making good use of her flexible body. Though she's approaching Cloud, her childhood friend, with feelings, she holds uneasiness in regards to an unnatural section of his memories. She's an introvert contrary to her lively outward appearance, and takes up many worries by herself. She overdoes conducting herself to be cheerful in order to not realize that sort of weakness surrounding her heart.

Aerith's:
A flower girl living in the lower class of the Midgar's Sector 5 Slums. As the last survivor of the "Ancient Species (Cetra)" she possesses the ability to speak to the planet. She is chased by Shinra who desire the Promised Land because only the Ancient Species know of it. Her positive attitude without a pessimistic view never changes despite her complicated upbringing. With her meeting with Cloud as a start, she accompanies the journey to learn the fate of the Ancients.

More to come soon :monster:

Last edited:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
There are some... weird things in these. Tifa as a show girl? Since when?? Wasn't she the manager?

Aerith a *female* flower girl? Noooooooo, really?

Still, than you for the translations, Que. :)

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
A young man who was calling himself a member of Shinra Company's Elite Soldier "SOLDIER." [TN That's what it says idk] But the reality was that he no more than a mere soldier grunt. 5 years ago, the influence of the experiments done on his body caused him to build up a false persona and he thought he was an ex-SOLDIER. He was hired by the anti-Shinra organization Avalanche, and learns his bitter enemy Sephiroth who destroyed his home town is alive and chases him to settle the dispute.

Kinda leaves out he totally overpowered Sephiroth and threw into abbys, kinda important.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
There are some... weird things in these. Tifa as a show girl? Since when?? Wasn't she the manager?

Yeah, I thought she was the manager too... :O

Do they want to make her a slut like some people call her?

(My definition of 'show girl' isn't positive; though, yeah, that still doesn't make someone a slut in truth.)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Quex, what was the original for 'Show girl?' Because it just sounds odd. Front Woman, Manager, Public face, yes. Showgirl... no.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Quex, what was the original for 'Show girl?' Because it just sounds odd. Front Woman, Manager, Public face, yes. Showgirl... no.

The term used on the website is - 看板娘 (kanban musume), which I also took from the JP wiki page. The English translation is a mouthful - 'pretty daughter who attracts boys to parents' shop'. Not really something you'd associate with a showgirl.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I'm loving how on Tifa's profile, it sounds like her original, the original Tifa. I didn't like Advent Children very much.

- grabs shield and awaits the hate E-mails -

Plus she sounds so sweet and shy. " She's an introvert contrary to her lively outward appearance, and takes up many worries by herself. She overdoes conducting herself to be cheerful in order to not realize that sort of weakness surrounding her heart ". Awwh, so sweet. ^^

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Well, everyone's profile presentation is similar to their original from their game. I don't think Yuna's has her role as a gunner, for example. :monster:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
It'll be interesting to see how they manage having Yuna pre-FFX2, which means she still hasn't "truly" saved Tidus, so seeing him in here should be something REALLY good for her. Unless they try the whole "atemporal" thing, in which she simply appears with her summoner attire but is the "post-FFX2" Yuna.

Buh, who knows.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Oh, sounds more like she's the face of Seventh Heaven then. Which makes sense.

but LMAo @ dialogue at the start. Damn it, SE, will you ever learn to write proper dialogue?

Top Bottom