Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

kyrt

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Ignoring the last few pages of posts does anyone know when more announcements on the game will be released? I'm predicting 4 more characters total (VI, IX, 2 hidden) and if not 4 then 2 at the very least (one for VI and one for IX).

I would also now like to post what an idiotic idea placing Vaan in this game is. Balthier would have been a much better character choice. When it really comes down to it Balthier is the main character in Final Fantasy XII. He also makes an appearance in Final Fantasy Tactics (remake I believe) and SE could have cut corners and had a character from both tactics and XII. Instead we get Vaan one of the most useless main Final Fantasy characters in existence.

I have to wonder does SE plan to release another Dissidia game in the future? SE likes to milk franchises. May we eventually in the far future have a game with even more characters? The PSP 2 is supposedly going to be coming out within the next year or two will SE make a dissidia game for that system?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ignoring the last few pages of posts does anyone know when more announcements on the game will be released? I'm predicting 4 more characters total (VI, IX, 2 hidden) and if not 4 then 2 at the very least (one for VI and one for IX).

I would also now like to post what an idiotic idea placing Vaan in this game is. Balthier would have been a much better character choice. When it really comes down to it Balthier is the main character in Final Fantasy XII. He also makes an appearance in Final Fantasy Tactics (remake I believe) and SE could have cut corners and had a character from both tactics and XII. Instead we get Vaan one of the most useless main Final Fantasy characters in existence.

Vaan Appears in Tactics Advance 2, so they are 'cutting corners' in this way. Hell, Cloud appears in the original tactics, so they have it covered that way.
And if they're getting someone from Tactics and not just the Ivalice Alliance (and Cameos really don't count), it had damn well better be Ramza and Delita.

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
I heard they are putting another XIII character in sided with cosmos. I actually enjoyed XIII but that would be so freaking idiotic. I know Square said 4-10, but please add at least 2 secret characters. Their is no excuse for them to not add a character from VI, and Lightning needs a villain far more then Sazh or Snow.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
And if they're getting someone from Tactics and not just the Ivalice Alliance (and Cameos really don't count), it had damn well better be Ramza and Delita.

If they don't put in Agrias then they should put in no one at all.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Frankly they could just put Ramza in and I'd be thrilled. Any more characters would be a bonus.
But again I'm not sure how they'd make him/them distinct.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
EX Modes! - http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/320363.html#cutid1

Gilgamesh's EX Mode - "Secret Sword".
Ability - "Block in all directions" - use his 8 arms to wield his weapons. Unknown but funny effect (aka random?)
EX Burst - "Strongest Sword"

Prishe's EX Mode
Ability - "Hundred Fists": Can now chain 3 Weapon Skills. Also increase mobility(?)
EX Burst - "Five Lights"
(friend who knows FF11 explained the meaning of the burst name. She says it's likely a reference to Light of Mea, Holla, Dem, Vazhl, and Al'Taieu, five key items in the Chains of Promethia story quest Prishe is involved in)

Desperado Chaos
Ability - "God's Pride": Speed Up
Ability - "??? Violence" :Strength Up + Defense Up
EX Burst - "Kingdom of God"

Yuna
Ability - "W-Summon": Summon two Aeons for Brave attacks

Also the critical hit up ability is now listed in the menu along with Regen.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Cosmos should be a boss too.

Stop being a pussy woman

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Cosmos EX Ability - "Sacred Striptease" Cosmos uses a special HP attack that flashes her divine bosom to the opponent. She instantly wins the match.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Did anyone notice that, in the official site, each character has a new CG render in their profiles' background?

Our usual frontage visitor, Ella, pointed this out for me and I checked a few.

Sephiroth looks more bishie than usual and Kefka looks even more nuts. But they both look fucking dangerous. Really awesome!

Got to check the rest yet! :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Oh, my bad. Could you show me the translations already done then? Less work for me to read in English. =P

I'd look back a few page, if the translations were posted they'd be there. I was just referring to the scans.

MinoSpelgud

Rookie Adventurer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE0QP7Jt_Oc

Thanks to DrakeClawFang for giving me the link and asking me to translate the dialogue in Prologus.

Prologus is split into cutscenes and individual battles. I'll be doing each scene and uploading it. This first batch is just for the voiced cutscene in the beginning. Enjoy! P.S. Growing up on the Japanese FF, I wanted to spell his name "Cain," but I know many on this forum prefer "Kain." =P

012: Treachery of the Gods
The 12th Battle

Unknown Allies

*scene switch to Lightning*

Lightning: The world in which the battle of the gods unfolds.

Lightning: Harmony and Chaos. The two gods representing both sides have
summoned inhabitants from parallel universes to become their champions.

Lightning: The ones who were summoned have no idea how to return and have
lost their memories. Unable to do anything but serve their new masters.

Lightning: I awake once more in front of the Goddess of Harmony...

*Close up of Lightning's face*

Lightning: A world in where there is no other option than to fight. Since
that is our only choice, the only possibility left is victory.

Lightning: Believing that, I throw myself completely into the battle of the
gods.

Jecht: Hey, hey, umm... Lightning, was it?

Lightning: What?

Jecht: Don't be like that.

Jecht: It's not like anyone actually wants to be here.

Lightning: It's not a matter of wanting to be here. With that said...

Lightning: ...do you feel the need to speak for others?

Jecht: Geez, I was just repeating what he said. No need to get me wrong.

Lightning: Jecht, was it?

Lightning: Are you saying that what I said is wrong?

Jecht: Sorry, lost my temper for a bit there. Hey, umm...

*Kain walks in*

Kain: Kain.

Jecht: Yeah, say something. We shouldn't get off on such a bad start,
right?

Kain: Lightning. There is truth to what you have said.

Kain: We still have no measure of each other. Thus cooperation and mutual
trust cannot be born.

Kain: So...

Kain: Let us have a match so that we may properly assess the other's true
strength.

Lightning: What?

Jecht: Hey, hey, that's a pretty good idea.

Kain: Whatever happens, we will honor the result.

Kain: Naturally, we will fall in line to whoever is the victor.

Jecht: By we... do you mean me too?

*Kain nods*

Lightning: That's foolish talk. You obviously have no idea how to be a
leader.

*Lightning starts to walk away*

Kain: So what you're saying is that you don't think you have what it takes
to win?

*Lightning stops in her tracks, then scoffs*

Kain: Would someone who is strong really oppose so vehemently to such a
plan?

Kain: Not that I know of.

Kain: I want you to show me your strength.

*WoL walks in*

WoL: On your guard! The enemy is here!

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
thanks for the translation

also I feel like Jecht is just trolling in these scenes

Top Bottom