Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
AND, who the hell is playing Dissidia for the damn story anyway!

::raises hand:: Dacon called it.

Ugh the focus on Lightning is really starting to annoy me.

It doesn't bother me with WoL since he's everyone's predecessor and the original FF hero, but wtf is supposed to be oh so special about fucking Lightning?

She does make for an obvious leader, in all honesty.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Most of the main characters in the first game were leaders.

I didn't think much of her as a leader in her own game, I hardly think she's fit to lead the warriors of light, not that I believe she actually is.

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
Most of the main characters in the first game were leaders.

I didn't think much of her as a leader in her own game, I hardly think she's fit to lead the warriors of light, not that I believe she actually is.

I'd say Cecil, Kain, Cloud, Squall, and Lightning, and maybe Firion would make the best leaders.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I'd say Cecil, Kain, Cloud, Squall, and Lightning, and maybe Firion would make the best leaders.

Anyone but Squall tbh.

Yeah, pretty much. She's got the strong, no bullshit personality for it, and anyone who gave her lip would get knocked in the face. :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
No doubt she's got a strong personality but she does not have the leader thing going well at all. She is selfish, moody and only really out for her own goals. It may seem extreme but that's how she is the majority of the game, and while this changes over time it's still a firm part of her personality. These traits make a strong individual, but are ridiculously far away from being leadership traits.
WoL has it going quite well to be honest and feels more like a natural leader.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
She was mostly like that only in the beginning, though. Later on she changes her tune and starts to fight for her friends/Cocoon/love/justice and shit. She still has an attitude, sure, but she wasn't bitching, leaving, or pounding her teammates faces into the ground anymore.

I mean Cloud got to keep his Avalanche leader position through two attempted homicides and brain breaking freakouts, so, idk, Light possibly being moody doesn't seem like such a dealbreaker. :\

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Cloud wasn't a very good leader either.

So yeah, I don't feel her on that level.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm just sayin' she doesn't make a good leader. And for the record I definitely don't think Cloud would either.
She might not be as bitchy toward the end of the game, but she's still not a leader. She is in the same position as the other 5. She's a strong character with an acceptably interesting personality. She shouldn't be shoved aside and left to hide in the corner, but she shouldn't take mainstage either.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
It's not like I don't think the others qualify (or couldn't arguably do it better), it's just that she's the latest thing that SE is going to exploit into oblivion, so it made her the obvious choice.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah that's exactly why she is at the forefront. She is the newest, most shiniest character. That's the only reason she has any right to be there.

Thing is, if SE honestly want us to consider the dissidia storyline canon to the various FF characters, then they are gonna have to actually put some decent ideas into this rather than just using it as some kind of elaborate show and tell presentation.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
So Cloud, Terra and Tidus are working for the dark side now? And Cosmos got Laguna, Vaan, and Tifa? No wonder the good guys are supposed to lose this one.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
What if Cloud's the one to kill Lightning? Would everyone be happy then? :awesomonster:

...The more I think about it the more awesome it sounds :P

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
She's also the least interesting as far as I'm concerned. Shoving a character in a position for such a silly reason is ridiculous.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
What if Cloud's the one to kill Lightning? Would everyone be happy then? :awesomonster:

I would be, Lighting annoys the hell out of me. Hell anyone from FFXIII put into Dissidia would be automatically ranked right under Kuja and Firion for lamest Dissidia character IMO.

Anyways though, looking at that lineup, Cosmos never stood a chance (Even though I thought the same thing with the first one, but even more so now)

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

Kain is the most untrustworthy figure in the history of fiction so he's out. Dissidia's interpretation of Cecil, is well it's not quite the leader I was hoping for. Bartz and Zidane's character got the "fun" part of their character empathesised. Jecht was never a leader. Firion I dunno much about. Vaan sucks. That just leaves the President of Eshtar, the commander of SeeD, Shantatto the character that everyone looks up too and the chick that has shown the capacity to keep one 14 year old in line.

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
Kain is the most untrustworthy figure in the history of fiction so he's out. Dissidia's interpretation of Cecil, is well it's not quite the leader I was hoping for. Bartz and Zidane's character got the "fun" part of their character empathesised. Jecht was never a leader. Firion I dunno much about. Vaan sucks. That just leaves the President of Eshtar, the commander of SeeD, Shantatto the character that everyone looks up too and the chick that has shown the capacity to keep one 14 year old in line.

Kain was only untrustworthy when mind controlled. In The After Years he is a far more effective leader, not being as corruptible. If Kain were the leader, and got taken over by Golbez, it would help explain why they lost.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
237445836.jpg

237445947.jpg

I continue to believe that Prishe is an eyesore.
56.gif
But, whatev.

For anyone who gives a damn: Info about the soundtrack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom