Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, I think Tea-chan is right.
Tifa destroyed the manikin. It was implied to be the real Ulti who almost killed her.

At the very least, it was never shown to not be.

Last edited:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
General question: what's going on with the spoilers? What is considered a spoiler and what is not? I see you people posting openly. Could I ditch the spoiler tags as well?

---

So... why did he save her? Plot hole?

Splintered

unsavory tart
Manikin was the Ulti Tifa kicked, but the same one that was behind Tifa, ready to kill her faded, like all good villains do.

My point still stands.
I was thinking that too. If Kain's plan is too kill everyone to save them, then he's doing the worst job ever.

Or maybe he just looking for a rebound after Rosa?

Splintered

unsavory tart
That's a wide gap between IGN (9) and Gameinformer (7). You can tell that the IGN really.really loves Dissidia and the Final Fantasy franchise (and maybe the psp), and its kind of nice to have a rabid fan review it, even if the score is probably too high.

But imo, it's pretty consistent with how people who view the game. You either got people who hate it, and people who are addicted to it.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
IGN was certainly way too generous. I think a score of 7 is aptly appropriate. Average. Not necessarily horseshit, but nothing near above average either.

Maybe I'm a bit pissed regarding the story's inconsistency and bullfuckery. If the gameplay is solid I suppose that's something to be happy over..

I'm seriously hoping there's something missing here in translation that'll make this all make sense once the english version comes out. There were a bunch of questions that cropped up in the Japanese release that got answered or clarified in the US release and UT, so maybe..that'll happen here.

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
That's a wide gap between IGN (9) and Gameinformer (7). You can tell that the IGN really.really loves Dissidia and the Final Fantasy franchise (and maybe the psp), and its kind of nice to have a rabid fan review it, even if the score is probably too high.

But imo, it's pretty consistent with how people who view the game. You either got people who hate it, and people who are addicted to it.

Gameinformer gave dissidia 1 a 6 claiming they only played an hour as an underleveled Cloud.

kyrt

Lv. 25 Adventurer
You can't trust the scores of any of these people they are all biased either against or for. Or the other issue that arises is the lack of people who actually bother to play the full game before writing a review.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Anyone play this (imported) and actually think that it will be worth the money?

I know that this question is (perhaps) strange coming from me. :P

Really, I'm not too gung-ho over this. I will get it, but - right away (on the 22nd) or not is another story.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
As far as the review itself goes I found myself agreeing with IGN much more (which is surprising, considering it's IGN and all) but 9 is indeed to high. Gameinformer does indeed blow even if they accidentally arrived at a more accurate score.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
If you guys are implying that GameInformer hates FF, keep in mind I think they gave XIII a 9. :P

How is that not saying the same thing? :awesome:

IGN was certainly way too generous. I think a score of 7 is aptly appropriate. Average. Not necessarily horseshit, but nothing near above average either.

7 is something I would give to something I considered really good. These numeric scores for reviews are such shit in the first place.

I've seen GameInformer have not a single compliment for games and still give them a 6. The number-based review is just something to satisfy the developers and ensure that the magazine continues to get advance copies of games.

The magazine gets to share its honest opinion in the review, while the developer gets to point to the number without highlighting anything the review actually had to say about the game's content.

Mako said:
I'm seriously hoping there's something missing here in translation that'll make this all make sense once the english version comes out. There were a bunch of questions that cropped up in the Japanese release that got answered or clarified in the US release and UT, so maybe..that'll happen here.

That was because the western and Universal Tuning releases actually significantly changed the story with completely different Chaos Reports. Given how close together the Japanese and western releases are coming out together this time, I don't expect any differences to show up.

By the way, if anyone wants proof to dispell the rumor that the ending for the 013 portion of the Dissidia 012 release has no additional scenes, here's a link to it on Nico Nico Douga:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13789772

All that's changed is that the credits now have scenes from 012.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad

Maybe I'm a bit pissed regarding the story's inconsistency and bullfuckery. If the gameplay is solid I suppose that's something to be happy over..

Dude, 7 is definetely ana bove average score. An average middle of the road game should be a 5.

Aside from that I agree with this post.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
They way the scores are applied popularly, I tend to consider a 7 something that will appeal to fans of whatever the game is about, but no one else. So a good game based on a license for instance. So I could see Dissidia getting that as someone who isn't a fan of FF or just a fanatic for all variety of fighting games should have no interest in it.

How is that not saying the same thing? :awesome:

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
This is how the numbering system should work.

1-Like highlander the source, only its a game.

2-Pure shit.

3.Still shit, but now theres peanuts in it.

4.Below average, but not iredemable.

5.Average.

6-Slightly above average.

7-Good game.

8-Very good

9-Excellent

10-ENlightenment.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It should, but it will always be skewed such that only the top half count. Really it might as well be a 1 to 5 scale. I attribute to the grading system in schools. 59% and below is failing, 75% is average, and that bleeds over to reviews. (Even that was always kinda odd to me as "average" isn't in the middle of passing scores...)

Splintered

unsavory tart
An average middle of the road game should be a 5.
I've never seen a game that got a 5 that wasn't complete and utter shit. Imo, 7.0-7.5 is usually where I see the average game falls thought I guess it depends on whos reviewing it. But, like XIV, gets ranks from around 4-5. It's not average, it caused reviewers to RAGE about its quality.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a game get a 2 or a 1.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Reminder: The demo comes out at some point today. Is anyone getting it/not getting it? I haven't decided what to do.

Also, as far as scores go...what did FF14 do to get 4 points? Have pretty graphics? Good music? I mean...what's the point of a 1-10 scale if you never use 1-3, and rarely use 10? I agree that a 1-5 scale is probably the best way to go. But at this point, the 1-10 is just as effective because we already understand how it's used.

And a game that's rated 7-9 imo is flexible. To me, I might really like a game that's a 7 and feel meh about one that's a 9. I mean...it's all relative to personal opinion. The's ones to watch for are 10's and 5-6's, cause there must be a reason for a score to be so high/low.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Reminder: The demo comes out at some point today. Is anyone getting it/not getting it? I haven't decided what to do.
I'm seriously debating this.

I don't need a demo when I've already played the game. It was a stupid move to make a paid demo come out when the game is only going to be a week or two behind it.

I thought about getting it because I wanted to see the story of prologus. Then I realized how stupid it was to buy something Dissidia for the story.

The only reason I'm contemplating it now is to get the Aerith assist. Apparently, it's not even that good when it comes down to it, but I shamelessly give into VII fanservice so I wanted to get it anyway. The only problem is whether or not I think it's worth the three bucks.

I'd much rather get PE1 with the money.

EDIT: I have a problem with staring at gifs too long on a page, so your sig right above mine is fucking memorizing.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I'm seriously debating this.

I don't need a demo when I've already played the game. It was a stupid move to make a paid demo come out when the game is only going to be a week or two behind it.

I thought about getting it because I wanted to see the story of prologus. Then I realized how stupid it was to buy something Dissidia for the story.

The only reason I'm contemplating it now is to get the Aerith assist. Apparently, it's not even that good when it comes down to it, but I shamelessly give into VII fanservice so I wanted to get it anyway. The only problem is whether or not I think it's worth the three bucks.

I'd much rather get PE1 with the money.

I see you have the same dilemmas I have. Just change VII fanservice into FF fanservice. The bottom line is I obviously don't need the demo as I am already getting the game. But...maybe there's something interesting in there as it's not just a regular demo but a "prologus"...even though that really means nothing.

And the question I keep asking myself is this: If it were just Aerith by herself as an assist for $3 would I buy it. The answer is likely no. But...I still want her for no other reason than I just want her. Ultimately I feel offended that I'm being charged $3 for this at all. But again...$3 isn't that much money.

I just keep going back and forth.

EDIT: I have a problem with staring at gifs too long on a page, so your sig right above mine is fucking memorizing.

:monster:

Top Bottom