Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Definitely a more indepth review than IGN's, as gamespot's do tend to be. (I still prefer GT's the most simply because you get the best look at the game regardless of what they actually say about it.)

It's a shame about the story, but I think the fact that it still lacks online multiplayer is the bigger travesty - and I normally find multiplayer grossly overrated, but I wanna play you guys :( I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't have it either.
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have fun with it though, Tifa still looks like a lot of fun to me.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
It's a shame about the story, but I think the fact that it still lacks online multiplayer is the bigger travesty - and I normally find multiplayer grossly overrated, but I wanna play you guys :( I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't have it either.

:@

booo. You dropped the ball on this one SE. This was an obvious move. :catfight:

but eeee, only one more week. I'm so sexcited.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Aerith is not worth three dollars to see for two seconds, sorry. :c And three dollars is a lot of money! That's candy bar money!

I'd rather pay for the candy bar

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
If's a peanut butter chocolate bar, I would so prefer to get that over Aerith. They are so damn yummy <: SE should sell us Final Fantasy Dissidia bars. Imagine Onion Knight, onion flavor. No just jokes. <: That would be sick.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
$3 is an expensive candy bar, where do you live?

The future? Man I don't look forward to the day when that price is no longer ridiculous.

I also don't look forward to the day when people say "I wish Square still made games that were as good quality as the ones they made in 2011..."

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
The future? Man I don't look forward to the day when that price is no longer ridiculous.

I also don't look forward to the day when people say "I wish Square still made games that were as good quality as the ones they made in 2011..."

This post makes mesad.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
To be fair, if I'm desperate one day I might pay a full dollar for one peanut butter cup, and they come in packages of three...

Although I can get better characterization of Aeris from fanfiction for free.

(flashback to 1999: "Man I don't look forward to the day when fanfiction is more legit than the real thing. HAH! Like that'll ever happen!")

kyrt

Lv. 25 Adventurer
well I bought the demo...unless you want extra accessories and the aerith/aeris dlc I would say skip on it.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
It's a good thing I don't give a rat's ass about Aerith. :monster:

Just because SE wants to fill the financial hole FFXIV (and any other fail title) created, it doesn't mean I'm an idiot who's gonna give extra money for a floating someone who appears next to my character for three seconds.

And Wada had said something about "quality products"... Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiight... -_-

ForceStealer

Double Growth
For someone who doesn't give a rat's ass about Aerith, this sure seems to have gotten under your skin :monster:

The mistake made here is the timing, 1 week (or 2 days) before the games release is awfully short for you to expect people to pay for a demo. But if it had been mroe in advance, I don't see the huge assholery here. It has its own little story and exclusive accessories and an assist character. Plenty of games are doing this sort of thing.
An example I've used before, Gran Turismo 5 had a Prologue, which was a forty dollar glorified demo. Then there's Assassin's Creed II's DLC, which totalled $12 or something for about an hour of gameplay.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The mistake here is making people pay for a demo and a worthless assist.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Trolololol, what, paying for a demo? If it was DLC that was actually worth paying for (which, these days, is an extra character I guess), then maybe. But paying for a demo? psht.

You get a full game for that price on the iDevice, which is a more popular handheld than the PSP :monster:.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Actually she seems like a pretty good assist, but I take your point. It's kind of odd that its being called a demo, actually. Considering it has its own story and stuff. If it came out a few weeks later it would be DLC. It's not a demo in the sense that you're not paying for the ability to play the beginning of the game that you're gonna have to play again when you get the game. It is an additional chapter to the story, Dissidia's story just happens to be a joke, but that's an unrelated problem.

And, I didn't buy it, just for the record.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
LOL I wonder when SE and other companies will get that 3$ != 3&#8364;. That's serious trolling there. It especially annoys me, not on this cause I don't own a PSP, but on other things I buy (games, DVD, BR, etc...) where I always have to pay much more than the US. As if Europeans were richer lololol _o/

Elisa Maza

Whomst
For someone who doesn't give a rat's ass about Aerith, this sure seems to have gotten under your skin :monster:

I couldn't care less if it was Aerith, Barret, all of Tifa's alt costumes, or the entire FFVII crew along with the FFIX one.

I'm not paying extra money for this. It's a dick move.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
download.jpg

Top Bottom