Dissidia English Clips & Translation Discussion

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
It's a damn shame the dude can pretty much only cycle though Piccolo, Yamcha and Vegeta in terms of voices. Hard for DBZ fans to really see past it.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
He just needed a little time

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Warrior of Light's voice sounds really good to me as well. I don't know who the VA is though. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah :monster:

But oddly enough, I was thinking to myself how Garland would work with a voice similar to Piccolo's. I never thought I'd end up right.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That changed "Finish" to "The Final Blow"? ...weird, lol. And the purple EX bars are now orange.

Does sound good though, I wanna hear Kefka dammit!

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Orange looks a lot better because the purple was too hard to see and notice.

"The Final Blow" sounds cooler :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No, I don't care, I and I agree about the orange. "Finish"...just seemed a strange thing to change.

I really hope the localization team paid attention to get all the game references right, translating lines the same way, keeping romanized names consistent, etc. I'd hate to lose so many of the allusions like we did in FF9 in localization. In general the localization's much better now than it was back then, but still, they really have to pay attention and know the references. I'll be pissed if, when Cloud dies he says "We can't get off this train..."

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So far, they seem to all be there.

I mean, Garland's EX Burst, "Soul of Chaos" is a reference to the optional dungeon in FF1 Advance. So I think it's going along swimmingly. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh yeah it certainly seems like it, I'm pumped. It just makes me worry all the more, that one of the many quotes they pull right from the games will be translated differently so only super-nerds like us will even notice what it was supposed to be. But since they've retranslated a lot of the old ones recently I feel liek there's a good chance of getting those right. But the scripts they haven't touched in awhile (7-9, maybe 10) worries me a bit. Especially scripts like VII that weren't translated all that well, do you correct the mistake? Or be consistent?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's a damn shame the dude can pretty much only cycle though Piccolo, Yamcha and Vegeta in terms of voices. Hard for DBZ fans to really see past it.

Actually, he can do more than that, but he gets the money to do those sorts of voices, so that's what he does all the time.
If you pay attention, he does a shit-ton of the DBZ villain voices too.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Yeah, but I can/could spot him 90% if not all of the times he did villain voices. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I love Bosch's voice, but Jesus Christ, he sounds exactly like Ichigo Kurosaki. No difference at all. What the fuck?

And count me as pissed off that Mateus DOES NOT HAVE HIS FUCKING "UBOAR!"

RAGE.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Seriously. I don't think of myself as an anal VA critic, but for fuck's sake try to at least sound different than the dozen other anime characters you do. Shit.

If I want to hear Ichigo, I'll play Heat the Soul 6.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Seriously. I don't think of myself as an anal VA critic, but for fuck's sake try to at least sound different than the dozen other anime characters you do. Shit.

If I want to hear Ichigo, I'll play Heat the Soul 6.

Concur.

Top Bottom