Does anyone want to restart the FF7 playalong?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah I'd be interested. I think we need to set in place a contingency, perhaps by marking out checkpoints prior to starting. Last time I think things fell apart because everyone was waiting for you to update Mog but understandably you couldn't be here as often as you'd like.

Also I could be mistaken but I felt like people thought they had to be very rigid about their updates or that they couldn't join in at later stages, I'd be happy for people to join as and when.

I'm interested to hear what ideas you have for this playthrough.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Still nobody wants to race me :( But regardless, I'd be interested in this. I really do want to play FFVII again soon, so if my racing thing doesn't happen, I'll be pushing this forward all the time and making sure you don't all forget about it.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I know I said the last time I didn't really want anything to do with another playthrough, but that was me being a bit of a dick :monster:

I'd definitely be up for another playthrough and would love to contribute as much as possible to it :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I would be down.

Maybe we could create a new section for it and have different threads dedicated to each checkpoint. That way people could join in as they wish. :)

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
i'm down but

can we do a playthrough of ffix together at some point too? :sadpanda:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I wouldn't mind an FFIX play through either in fact I'd love one, the question is that due to the nature of this originally being an FFVII compilation site would it be something people would be interested in, it'd be nice if people got together and we did a play through of each game, FFVII being the primary focus and then maybe take a vote and see which one to go through next, so on and so forth :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Mog stepped down from the staff recently, and I'm not sure how much he's going to be around in the near future, considering he is out at sea. Does anyone know? I sent him a message but didn't get a reply. If he's gone indefinitely, would people like me to take over running this playalong? As I keep saying, I really want to play VII, and I guess I'm going to have to put my racing idea on hold until I find someone willing to challenge me. I'd be more than happy to take a lead on this and make sure it runs to the end.

There has been talk of a IX playthrough. My suggestion is that we do VII first, and then everyone who takes part will have first say on what game we take on next :) I'd be happy with IX myself.

I'll hold back on more discussion about this until I know more about Mog's plans and whether anyone has any objections. I really don't want it to seem like I'm trying to take his place or tread on his toes.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Great, more people wanting to join in with the playalongs - but who is going to lead them (please see my previous post in this thread)? I'm not saying it has to be me, but if nobody else steps forward, I will. I just want the first playthrough to start as soon as possible.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't know 6 like the back of my hand as Mog does, otherwise I would have continued it when it dropped off last time. But VII I am entirely too familar with and could probably manage :P

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Here's the skinny; Yeah, Flint is right, I go out to sea quite a bit and that would be an issue. However my status as a regular ass member shouldn't impede that, so don't worry. Here's my idea on solving the former problem though.

The FFVII is also a passalong. I start it up and establish the format, the checkpoint, and how I'd like you guys to do it (quality shit, I'm a hard act to follow, dawg. Just kidding.), and so on, and every chapter gets passed along to another person who would be interested in doing that chapter, and so on. Hopefully every few chapters it gets passed back into my hands so I can play around with it a little more. I can get more in depth with that idea if anyone is interested.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
We could, especially so everyone can get the feel for how I'd like it to be done.

(also Celes POSTSNIPED ME *shakes fist*. Check out the last post of page one and tell me what you think.)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
THIS PLEASE. Also do we have to start over? Can't we just pick it up where we left off? O_o

Where did it stop last time? Continuing from there would be a problem for those are now joining for the first time. So long as it wasn't too far into the game, we could do a fast-paced "prelude" section to allow newbies to catch up, and then continue with everyone on board.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I'd be down for a IX playthrough at some point, but yeah I'd want to start from the beginning.

@Mog - I think your idea sounds cool.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Where did it stop last time? Continuing from there would be a problem for those are now joining for the first time. So long as it wasn't too far into the game, we could do a fast-paced "prelude" section to allow newbies to catch up, and then continue with everyone on board.

That's a good point/idea, too. Allowing new players is extremely important, and half the idea in the first place! Hmm.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@Flintock: Around Junon I think though in that save I went as far as Costa Del Sol, so it wouldn't take people too long to catch up if they wanted, I still have my save from there so I'm happy enough to just join in from that point.

Mog: I like your idea best on restarting it and you may not be on staff anymore but who says you have to be in order to get this playthrough going, the question is when do we start back up again :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
How about we plan the playthrough out beforehand? Set up checkpoints and everything, so even if the original leader needs to step down for some reason, the blue print for the rest of it would be there for someone else to pick up and carry on with? Even if the next lead doesn't know as much about the game as the predecessor, it can still continue without much interruption?

is that a legit idea or am i talking crap now

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
How about we plan the playthrough out beforehand? Set up checkpoints and everything, so even if the original leader needs to step down for some reason, the blue print for the rest of it would be there for someone else to pick up and carry on with? Even if the next lead doesn't know as much about the game as the predecessor, it can still continue without much interruption?

I can do that if you want. I can also setup the guidelines for how I'd like it to be done.

Top Bottom