Does anyone want to restart the FF7 playalong?

Lex

Administrator
If it helps anyone, I'm starting right now, from the beginning. I have a save near Junon but I'm happy to start from the beginning.

Commence my playthrough!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
You just beat me to it! Thread.

I'd be happy to Skype with people while we play through it at the same time, if anyone wants to do that :)

Lex

Administrator
I'm also happy to Skype! Though I'll be playing the PC version, for delicious mods and screenshot goodness. Also orchestral music.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I just remembered today that I can't actually start until Friday, because I don't have a controller until then. ^^' But I'm sure I'll catch up. If I really like the game (I don't know why I wouldn't) I will have more difficulties with stopping than catching up with you guys. :D

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We're coming to the end of the prelude section, which means we're going to be soon catching up with those who originally took part in this playthrough. We'll be in Junon at the end of this week.

So, if you played before and want to join in again, now might be a good time to load up that save file and see exactly where you left off, so you can pick us up again :)

I'd like some input on how the playthrough progresses from here on. As well as general feedback and ideas, I can think of at least two questions I'd like to have addressed:

What should the pace be from this point onwards? Is two chapters a week acceptable, or should it be one, three, or something else? As a guide, if we do one chapter a week, we'll be finished in November, if we do two, we'll be finished in August, and if we do three, we'll be finished in July. That's based on Mog's estimation of 30 more chapters after Junon. Personally I think two chapters every week has been fine.

Who is going to run it? I'd be happy to continue, but as I have said all along, I'd also be prepared to hand it back over to Mog if he wants to pick it up again. One of his ideas was get different people involved in running the various chapters. I think that's great, but I think one person should still post the updates on a schedule to keep things running smoothly. If I'm running it, I'll invite people to take turns in sending me the chapter descriptions and questions, which I'll then post and say who they are from.

Fangu

Great Old One
Anything less than a couple of chapters a week will result in me forgetting where I was and what kind of equipment I had :lol: Two times a week hasn't been hard to do at all. The chapters are short enough to be manageable.

I think you do a good job with the updates, Flint.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I agree with Fangu. I think Flintlock has done a good job with the Playthrough so far. :)

I also think the two chapters a week has been good. But could it maybe be altered a little? Like if there's a long chapter you could just divide it in to two and give some more time for people to finish it (like we have done so far), and maybe spend less time with shorter chapters. So it would be 2 chapters one week and three on another.

I think a short chapter would be one hour or less of playing and a long one is more than 2. And this is me playing, which means a lot of exploring. So not one hour when you try to run through the game as fast as possible. :D Think about how much time the chapter took you when you played it the second time for example.

Top Bottom