• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Editorial: Black Chocobos - The Oddballs of Final Fantasy

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Since today is the 6 year anniversary of the release of Final Fantasy XIII, I thought I'd whip up an article talking about some of the more maligned games of the series.

Read the article on the Front Page Here

Many thanks to VaderSW1 and Ryushikaze for making comments and edits to the main article and Lex and Flintlock for helping me with the actual Wordpress stuff.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I just gave this a read on Facebook, and I thoroughly enjoyed it Jason. You did an excellent job on writing this!

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Great read, thanks JT :D

Loved the 'A love / eight relationship' haha!

You're making a very good point, hopefully some more people will be able to keep open minds about the 'multi-part series' thing :)

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Thanks for the article, it was a good read. Your conclusion very much agrees with what I've read from ffworld (it's a small French fan site but the owner managed to get interviews with the folks from Square), which is a sentiment that I share as well.
I've always favored innovation and experimentation (part of why I personally consider old-school turned-based systems obsolete). I personally disliked FF XIII (enough to disregard its sequels), but from what I've seen (and played) I'm going to enjoy FF XV a lot.
If one never tries anything new, one will never find anything better.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Nice article Jason!

One minor mistake I noticed quickly as I was skim editing:

Final Fantasy XIII: The Pretty Line

Some have praised have the characters, but for every Sazh and Fang we have a Hope and Vanille.

But yeah, that was a really nice read. I'm not 100% sure that they 'learn' from every experiment or listen completely to fans, but I do agree that this very experimentation is what is keeping the franchise alive and fresh. It might have been a different story if they had only started doing that say, a couple of incarnations in, but at it's core, it's been doing that right from the start.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Thanks all for the kind words, I had fun writing this. You all know how I love to babble my opinion at people lol!

Claymore: Caught the mistake and corrected it. Good looking out!

Top Bottom