• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Eurovision 2017

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Tonight's semi was so much better! :awesome:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Italy and Portugal seem to be the two favourites and they're both in the top half, so it might not matter this year. You basically just want to avoid being in the first nine so they could even get favourable top half draws.

Fangu

Great Old One
Italy is 9th. Portugal is 11th. Not too bad.

A think worth noting, Bulgaria is 25th... interesting.

Oh, and there are tons of Russia votes that will go elsewhere this year... this vote will be interesting!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I was wondering where this thread was! (I never come into the Venue). Planning a massive watch of the semis and the finals tomorrow.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm so glad Croatia got through. I'm laughing just listening to their track and it's even better with visuals. Should be a hit with the people I've invited over for Saturday. :P

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Voting Belgium. Only song I could listen to more than once. Everything else was utter, utter shit.

Lex

Administrator
Meh. I won't go so far as to say I'm disappointed but I'm not super happy about the winner :/

Fangu

Great Old One
I wanted Italy to win, kinda bummed they didn't but oh well, it's still going to be on my playlist for a long time to come. I'm happy Portugal got it, wouldn't have been devastated if Bulgaria had won either, but I didn't find their song or performance as good as Portugal. They won on their 49th try!! It really was their turn.

I'm just happy Sweden didn't win, that song got way more points than it deserved. No charm at all.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Yeah it needs to be said, the tag line "celebrate diversity" means fuck all if you're going to put on three white dudes who invade the personal space of and/ or objectify every woman they interact with.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Indeed.

The other HEINOUS crime: Verka Serduchka did not perform

would have injected some much needed UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ into tonight's proceedings...

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
It was a pretty dull selection.

Lithuania didn't qualify, perhaps because they sent the wrong finalist from their selection process.
Had they made the wiser choice, Portugal might have had a tougher battle:

(Yes, that's a man. No, he's not legit.)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I didn't watch any of it except the results *awaits beating*

Anyway, so yeah and then it's like, ok Portugal won whats this going to be like?

Boring as fuck.

Mr Octo said, "it's a tune some woman scrubbing a step in 1920 might hum."

I mean, it wasn't bad but if that was the best song....then I'm fucking glad I didn't bother watching :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Really disappointed that Portugal won but, presenters aside, this was a really great watch.

those presenters were proper scum. unfunny and very disrespectful towards women. didn't like that at all.

Yeah it needs to be said, the tag line "celebrate diversity" means fuck all if you're going to put on three white dudes who invade the personal space of and/ or objectify every woman they interact with.

Yeah, that got really uncomfortable at one point. Luckily, the spectacle of Eurovision is about the songs (and voting). And that didn't disappoint as usual, lol.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
That was literally the first thing Graham Norton (our commentator for those confused) said. Me and my friend were sat there laughing for a good few minutes. :awesome:

Re winner - not really a fan, but yay for them winning for the first time ever.

Top Bottom