• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Even Hideo Kojima wants FF7 remake

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
A couple of reasons they think it would take decades to make:

1) It's the longest FF to date (I believe)
2) It has twice the maps FFXIII did at least.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
I will accept a remake only if it has a optional quest where you can go to Deepground with Barret and kill all those muthafuckas with Ungarmax. No cutscenes, no Vincent, no Cloud, no Hojo, just Barret mercilessly slaughtering his way all over Deepground while this plays as background music. It would be a nice way of retconning that aberration known as Dirge of Cerberus. The explanation? Barret was drunk, one thing led to another, and... :awesome:

Oh, and it would be nice if there's a scene where Sephiroth admits he was crazy from the beginning and Genesis was just part of his imagination. :monster: I have nothing against him, but he just... Doesn't belong to the Nibelheim Incident.

...Ok ok, seriously now: I'm kinda... Indifferent. SE has dissapointed me many times with the Compilation, but still, a little part of me wants to believe they can do this right. And even if they fail, it wouldn't tarnish the original game in the slightest because as you guys know, remake =/= replacement, so yeah, I'm not worried about this, in fact, I'm kinda curious.

i'm probably overplaying it, but i'm the quintessential current gen gamer D:

smh at myself

Come on buddy, don't be like that! :P There are LOTS of epic stories in old games. Graphics are just the way games are visually presented, I know graphics are important these days but they are far from being everything. It wouldn't do any harm if you try a game like, say, Castlevania SotN, FFVI or VII... I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. :)

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Good job on whoever split that shit away from this thread, didn't see a reason to close this.

Honestly I'm tired of the general hype SE is constantly trying to stir, and they're lack of ability to deliver on it. They fumbled with the Compilation and the XIII series. Versus XIII was announced half a decade ago, and they've been releasing essentially the same trailer over and over.

EDIT: Ahh, good job Aaron. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I find the idea of these guys eating dinner together to be highly amusing, actually. It's kind of funny that Kojima is pushing for it. :monster:

Kojima did not pass along the message "I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game" that someone for some reason asked him to mention.

lol What?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Kojima and Miyamoto of Nintendo fame seem to dine together pretty frequently

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
No remake please ! Oh gawd no !

You know what SE is going to do, right ??

Add Genesis within the Nibelhiem addicent....

:facepalm4:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Guys this is a serious ffvii and compilation question I've been pondering for quite sometime:

why did they add genesis to anything or everything in general regarding ffvii??? Why didn't they just add the deepground lot and be done with it rather than adding some strange folk???

Because I don't wanna see that shit in the remake. We have enough pretty prepubescent boys as it is. I want girls as the status quo.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't know why he would be in a remake anyway. He's sealed under Midgar from the end of Crisis Core to after Dirge. And Cloud isn't aware of Genesis' presence at Nibelheim, so he wouldn't be in Cloud's flashback.

I don't know why he would be in a remake anyway. He's sealed under Midgar from the end of Crisis Core to after Dirge. And Cloud isn't aware of Genesis' presence at Nibelheim, so he wouldn't be in Cloud's flashback.

Indeed. The flashback would end right where it did in the original; with Sephiroth wondering if he is human and then the scene cuts to the present. Not even Square would be silly enough to include the Genesis Copies that knock out Cloud afterwards, either.

To repeat a point I've made before: The inclusion of Genesis and the copies do not retcon the previous canon, they are merely additions/expansions.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And while I'm not going to say definitively say they wouldn't be that stupid, but I'm fairly certain that those additions were stuck where they were very intentionally in places that wouldn't have affected Cloud's perceptions of the event.

It was a hell of a lot better than Last Order's change, for one thing.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And while I'm not going to say definitively say they wouldn't be that stupid, but I'm fairly certain that those additions were stuck where they were very intentionally in places that wouldn't have affected Cloud's perceptions of the event.

It was a hell of a lot better than Last Order's change, for one thing.

Apart from his being knocked out by Genesis Copies (Which all he knew was they were freaks), no, Cloud is never around Genesis or his mess at all in a way that would be remembered during FF7.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
To repeat a point I've made before: The inclusion of Genesis and the copies do not retcon the previous canon, they are merely additions/expansions.

Actually, they are a retcon. :P
A retcon doesn't have to be contradictory to established canon to be a retcon.

Cloud is never around Genesis or his mess at all in a way that would be remembered during FF7.

But Zack is and theoretically, Cloud could remember Genesis through him. :P
I don't think they'd actually add Genesis to a remake I'm just saying in theory, Cloud *could* remember him. He doesn't...but he could. :wacky:

ForceStealer

Double Growth

You are correct, but that latter is how retcon is commonly used. And it is different than Last Order's change.

I don't think they'd actually add Genesis to a remake I'm just saying in theory, Cloud *could* remember him. He doesn't...but he could. :wacky:

Theoretically, yes, which is why I won't definitively say SE wouldn't be so dumb. However, I think the changes were put where they were for a reason, they could slide in without changing Cloud's flashback. Even if Zack did mention Genesis, which I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, Genesis probably doesn't have enough impact or significance in Cloud's own memory to be inserted into his fake ones.

Also, that scene has the distinction of the one and only time I rallied behind something awesome that Sephiroth says: (from memory)
Whether what you say are lies intended to deceive me, or the truth I've sought all my life, one thing is certain. *smacks apple away* You will rot.

Bad. Ass.

Had a feeling this was the case but I was too lazy to look it up. :awesome:
Yeah, just replace "retcon" with "contradiction".

Hmm, what if I do look it up...

"The common situation in fiction where a new story "reveals" things about events in previous stories, usually leaving the "facts" the same (thus preserving continuity) while completely changing their interpretation. For example, revealing that a whole season of "Dallas" was a dream was a retcon."
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Retroactive+continuity

The wikipedia definition is slightly different.
"Retroactive continuity refers to the alteration of previously established facts in a literary work."

The former definition seems more legit. But from what I understand, a retcon is thusly a new revelation in an old story and is still a retcon whether or not it's an actual contradiction. Is this correct?

If so, I've learned something new today.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
"The common situation in fiction where a new story "reveals" things about events in previous stories, usually leaving the "facts" the same (thus preserving continuity) while completely changing their interpretation. For example, revealing that a whole season of "Dallas" was a dream was a retcon."
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Retroactive+continuity
Well there goes 90% of all shonen anime/manga. *goes back to reading Naruto thread*

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Because the revelation that Cloud's flashback in Kalm was a lie happens within the same story. :P
Unless you meant something else.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

But even if Cloud does, the memory probably wouldn't stick out, because Cloud doesn't know that Genesis is connected to the events that transpired.

For all Cloud knows Genesis was just a mission that was over and done with and doesn't effect anything.

The Dallas revelation was part of something else? (Never seen it.) Okay.

Dallas was a TV show.

Top Bottom