• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Even Hideo Kojima wants FF7 remake

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
So, uh. I want a remake.

Actually, I've wanted one ever since before AC was even confirmed. Heck, I only wanted a remake; I didn't want sequels, prequels or stupid movies because I thought that would ruin things much more than a simple remake would.

Unpopular opinion I guess.

Don't get me wrong; I don't need any FF13 HD graphics to keep me happy with an FF7 remake. I'd settle for CC/Dissidia graphics, some GOOD voice acting here and there, important cut scenes remade in good graphics, and everything else much the same. That would make me plenty happy. :D

I'm not difficult to please, really. Although, part of me is scared that if they did do a remake, they'd cut out or change a few things and if that be the case, maybe it's best it didn't happen. However, like someone already mentioned in this thread, nothing would ever ruin the original. Ever. Just like how some terrible additions in the compilation still hasn't deterred any of us from loving the original game itself. :P

Well, there's my two cents.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
To be honest, I believe that the main reason a FF7 remake has not been announced or done is basically the fact they're scared to screw up. They think it'll be either too long or too difficult, which is why they're not doing it yet.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
They think it'll be either too long or too difficult, which is why they're not doing it yet.

I think that's why, too. Plus, I think if they did remake it, they'd want to go all out and use FF13 like graphics. So, it would be extremely difficult and also really lengthy.
And FF7 is a long game without all that stuff. :P Maybe they're waiting on a system that would be able to support all of that?

I don't know.

I'm just one of those fans that would probably be so happy just to see it remade. :)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I remember when the PS2 first came out and people were clamouring for a KH-graphics style remake of FF7. Would they be asking for another remake if they had made one back then?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I would definitely have jumped on a end of the cycle PS2 remake.

FFXII is still fucking gorgeous and I love it to death.

I remember when the PS2 first came out and people were clamouring for a KH-graphics style remake of FF7. Would they be asking for another remake if they had made one back then?

That's a good question. If a remake was made, would people then demand a re-remake? If so, would they do so because the game was not in high enough HD?
The FFVII remake dream is, usually, inherently linked to the idea of wanting to play FFVII like the entire thing was a long interactive cinematic experience. Final Fantasy VII in ACC graphics in other words.

I have to admit that if a remake with KH graphics had been made and even if it was a good remake I would want a version with even more updated graphics, no matter how good the gameplay was.

Naturally if there was an HD remake with lousy gameplay, I would want an updated version that corrects all these issues and turn it into the heavenly experience it deserves to be. :awesome:

I do not mind the idea itself of a remake. What I do mind is the idea of Square Enix making it. Either let Square experience a second reinassance wherein they regain my trust or let someone else do the remake.

Edit: FFXII graphics, like Dacon mentioned, would have satisfied me though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, and they could have just made an HD release of it like they did for God of War and Sly Cooper.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I would not have minded a remake for the PS2 at all. :) FF12, KH and other PS2 titles still had good graphics. I don't want or expect AC graphics.

As for wanting a re-remake...hmm, it would depend. If they botched it, maybe. But I think I'd be pretty content with a single remake, as long as it's executed right.

Like John Marston said, they could always have an HD release of it later.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm still disappointed XIII couldn't outdo what XII had map-wise. I mean damn it's like a dream come true with free world style rpg which I feel was only fulfilled by rogue galaxy (shame it didn't appeal too big to me either :B ).

I'm still not too keen with a remake given SE's track record of disappointments as of now. My judgement is clear for the time being before they can present something good.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Probably so. FFVII hadn't been out for even five years before people were asking for a remake in droves. That was way too early, in my opinion.

The funny thing is, SE was actually considering doing it back then -- along with PS2 rereleases of FFVIII and IX -- until The Spirits Within proved to be such a financial disaster.

At least I think that's true. Both Gamespot and the August 2001 issue of the Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine said they were planning to do it. Can't think of another source that said so.

Anyway, like I said, I think that back then it was way too early for a remake, but now that so many other games have had enhanced ports -- or even remakes in FFIII and IV's case -- I think now would be a fine time to give that treatment to the flagship title in the series.

Truth be told, though, the main reason I want them to do it now is just to see what they do with it and how good it is. Something bordering on morbid curiosity.

For it to be a quality product, it doesn't even have to be so HD that we can count the individual hairs on Tifa's head or each shimmer in her eyes (III and IV's remakes were less pleasing to look at than the originals, if you ask me). FFX's standards would be plenty good enough if a remake were done. This bullshit about needing 40 years to make it is just that.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
To be honest, I believe that the main reason a FF7 remake has not been announced or done is basically the fact they're scared to screw up. They think it'll be either too long or too difficult, which is why they're not doing it yet.

Nope, don't buy that at all.

The reason they haven't remade it, is because they wanna milk FFVII for all it's worth, whilst ever dangling the possibility of a remake for the fanz.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They haven't milked FFVII in over 2 years. I think they really are scared shitless.

Look at their current IPs. Shit's rough for Square. The Compilation is on an indefinite hiatus and it's obvious that Square doesn't know what the fuck they want to do with it now.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
"Oh we fucked it all so badly, what do we do now?"
"Let's forget about it, and in a few years, we'll come back and fans will have forgotten we screwed up, hopefully."

Smartasses to be scared shitless IMHO. But fans never forget, that's where their problems lie.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
They haven't milked FFVII in over 2 years. I think they really are scared shitless.

Look at their current IPs. Shit's rough for Square. The Compilation is on an indefinite hiatus and it's obvious that Square doesn't know what the fuck they want to do with it now.

Dude, they could have remade it ages ago if they wanted to, even before the crap hit the fan. But they know while fans keep hanging on for that remake, there's cash cows to be a milkin'.

"Oh we fucked it all so badly, what do we do now?"
"Let's forget about it, and in a few years, we'll come back and fans will have forgotten we screwed up, hopefully."

Smartasses to be scared shitless IMHO. But fans never forget, that's where their problems lie.

lZBgD.jpg

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
This bullshit about needing 40 years to make it is just that.

Of course it is. We have shit like the Mass Effect series, the Elder Scrolls games, hell Skyrim is coming out in November and it is an absolutely colossal game, which is a bigger undertaking than any game SE has ever made and they've made it in a few years.

Hell the Witcher 2 is fucking gorgeous with awesome combat, assloads of content, towns, and awesome writing.

They made that game in 4 years. It looks like this:

28754134.jpg

AND IT STILL HAS TOWNS.

No one should believe that crap anymore.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
What Square-Enix mean when they say it would take too long is not that it would take that long in general to make a game like this.
It's just them admitting they're incompetent. :monster:

Guts

The Black Swordsman
AKA
Aithex, Atom
We need someone who actually gives a shit about videogames in charge of their company. Someone who'll mediate between the shareholders and what the creators want to develop, give them the opportunity to take dramatic risks and get the same immense gains they were always meant to get from a good FF release.

I wish Yasumi Matsuno was CEO.

Top Bottom