Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
On another note, I finally got my "Muscle Queen"/ "Peeress of Pull-ups" trophy last night after 204935085gajillion hours, and was THIS freaking close to throwing my controller at Jules, I also went back and played Ch.9 in English. The part where Cloud dashes off after the chocobo carriage all worried when he spots Tifa? I loved, loved, LOVED CodyCloud's little protest there. His "But!" BritTifa just chilling like, "You've seen how much ass I can kick."

Basically, still as baddass in Japanese, but I dunno why I found this part of the exchange so much cuter.

And Cloud, sulking a bit because he couldn't deny it, and then reluctantly saying, "I have." I said, "Yes, I have," at the same time as Cloud.

Loved this moment between them! And just wanted to thank @Purple who unknowingly convinced me to give English version a try again. It's a bit different when I played it versus watching it in English on youtube, not sure why. Although I still prefer the Japanese version, the English version is fun at times too!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
PSA:
If posters keep having LTD talk here I'm punishing all of you without dessert. I've been sitting on a spicy CloTi pic because of this issue.

The recent posts are good.
Be good and don't piss me off and we all will enjoy some smutty content. :watchingu:
Damn that's some saucy coloring. I'm gonna steal your skin tones one of these days.

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer

Britt out here liking Cloti content now

EbNMYQCUEAEBwM8

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer

Perhaps Britt knows something we don't... ;)

Seeing fan art like this makes me wish for an FF7 slice-of-life series which got me thinking.... in the Remake it was specially mentioned that a SOLDIER's lifespan is shortened due to Mako. I don't recall if this was addressed in the OG, but does it mean that Cloud might die young? :scared:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer

Seeing fan art like this makes me wish for an FF7 slice-of-life series which got me thinking.... in the Remake it was specially mentioned that a SOLDIER's lifespan is shortened due to Mako. I don't recall if this was addressed in the OG, but does it mean that Cloud might die young? :scared:

If that is the case than Cloud and Tifa needs to hurry up and build a family together!

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
.... in the Remake it was specially mentioned that a SOLDIER's lifespan is shortened due to Mako. I don't recall if this was addressed in the OG, but does it mean that Cloud might die young? :scared:
I remember that part too, but I could have sworn someone here or somewhere mentioned that it doesn't affect Cloud like that. Of course, Cloud and Tifa don't know that that isn't true. Hope someone can confirm this too.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Some feels to brighten your days... Playstation JP's Instagram is doing bi-weekly(?) themes where they give a word and people can send in screenshots from their games. They posted one featuring Cloud and Tifa today, along with many other examples, under the theme of "love"!

I screamed when I saw this! :joy: It's so good to see the admin is confident enough to put them here.

We've been well fed these days, huh? Lots of goodies coming from JP :)

insanehobbit

Pro Adventurer
My understanding is that both novellas are canon to the Compilation. With regards to the Remake, the Compilation is the basis of the Remake, but the Remake will not be following it beat for beat. The events of the novellas will not necessarily happen in the same way in the Remake timeline, but characters who are only present in the novellas are already showing up in the Remake.

I think we can look at the entire Compilation as a sort of outline for the series, whereas FF7R is the final draft. Things will change, but the underlying story/characters will be the same.

I believe the only official SE releases of dubious canon are Dismantled, Maiden, and Last Order.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Yeah! As far as I'm aware they're still canon to the Compilation, but they're more of a "bonus content" and that's why they're not referenced as an installment of the Compilation. They were still listed in the Remake Ultimania as I far as know.

insanehobbit

Pro Adventurer
Yeah! As far as I'm aware they're still canon to the Compilation, but they're more of a "bonus content" and that's why they're not referenced as an installment of the Compilation. They were still listed in the Remake Ultimania as I far as know.

Yeah, to make a comparison to the Christian New Testament (lol, my brain worms are truly out of control today), you could say the OG/AC(C)/BC/CC/DC are the Gospels, the Nojima-penned novellas are the Epistles, and LO/Dismantled/Maiden are the Apocrypha.

Speaking of brain worms -- since discussion has slowed down a bit, and I have yet to hit my daily 10k word quota, I would love to hear from everyone about what aspect(s) of Cloud and Tifa's relationship drew you into it in the first place, and whether that's changed over time. Since people were first introduced to FF7 at different points in its 23 year history, not to mention at different stages in their own lives, I'm really curious to see the range of responses. (Only if you wanna share, of course!)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Personally... it was the fact that it was reciprocated. I knew Tifa's feelings, but as long as Cloud was an arse, there was no way I'd ship her with Cloud. Then the Lifestream happened, and the way everything revolved around her, her importance to him, that made me go "awww".

Then the pairing grew, and it grew in an unexpected way. It was more grounded than what I was used to, more realistic. It was hard to grasp for me at first, because even though they were younger than me, they went through things I didn't understand at first (yes I'm talking about AC/C). I still hate AC for what it did to Cloud's character, which was somewhat made better in the Complete version. It was only when I aged, and that friends went through some depression etc., that I could fully understand better what Cloud went through, how the pairing grew. I must say that Nojima has my admiration for what he did with this unexpected pairing. It's incredible to see this depicted when it's... just a game.

There were always sides of cloti that I loved, but now that I'm older, and that I analyse things better, and understand others better, I must say that there isn't a thing that's not important in that pairing :awesome:

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Yes, Cloud has the S-Type cells, which Zack and Sephiroth also got, so he’ll do just fine, don’t worry!

Edit: wtf did I type lol

I actually think they are going to push this idea that Cloud has cellular degradation to explain why Tifa doens't confront him about Neiblehim. She's was there when president Shinra said Cloud was degrading and has been present for almost all of his headaches/mental breaks so far. She knows something is up but I bet they will have her attribute it to degradation, giving her an out as to why she doesn't talk about it.

Re: @insanehobbit this is kind of embarrassing but keep in mind I was a stupid 13 year old when I saw AC... I was completely enamoured with the romantic relationship between Cloud and Tifa in that movie because I saw Cloud as this tough anti-social guy who only opened himself to Tifa. I thought that was the most romantic thing ever back then. I also loved their little family so so much. Having no knowledge of FF7 at the time my assumption was that Tifa was the open loving sweetheart to everyone and Cloud was the jerk-with-a-heart-of-gold that would do anything for her. The kind of unhealthy relationship that 13 year olds think is romantic.... Fortunately I played FF7 a few years later and learned that Cloud was actually a silly dork.

So yeah my perception of them changed once I played the game to something way healthier. I loved that both Cloud and Tifa appeared that they would do anything for their friends, they were both good people, and that they both had this deep emotional connection to each other. They respected each other but also worried about each other. It just felt like they had such a healthy relationship in a world that was throwing endless problems at them. They were partners in every sense of the word, and the conflict between them in AC/C was that the partnership wasn't on the same page anymore (but they got it back by the end).

I'm rambling a bit now, but a while ago @Graymouse asked for guilty pleasure C/T moments and one for me is in DoC where they are on the phone to Vincent giving him directions but also just casually fighting an army in the background. I love that moment because it feels like the conclusion to their romantic arch in ACC. Here they are a year later charging into battle together and helping their friends. Cloud isn't running away from fighting when he needs too, and Tifa is there by his side. Nobody told anyone else they had to stay behind, and they just are partners in having each others back again (bonus points for Tifa being sassy to Barret in that scene as well lol).

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
I remember that part too, but I could have sworn someone here or somewhere mentioned that it doesn't affect Cloud like that. Of course, Cloud and Tifa don't know that that isn't true. Hope someone can confirm this too.

It's been confirmed in the Remake Ultimania that those with the S Cells don't experience cellular degradation and it notes that Cloud and Zack are S types so Cloud should live a long life provided that no one kills him.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Speaking of brain worms -- since discussion has slowed down a bit, and I have yet to hit my daily 10k word quota, I would love to hear from everyone about what aspect(s) of Cloud and Tifa's relationship drew you into it in the first place, and whether that's changed over time. Since people were first introduced to FF7 at different points in its 23 year history, not to mention at different stages in their own lives, I'm really curious to see the range of responses. (Only if you wanna share, of course!)

I talked about it a little bit here. But overall, I had a soft spot for them since the beginning of the game, lol. Their understanding and connection really drew me in. But to me, the Lifestream scene was when I was 100% sold to this ship, hehe. It was such a powerful moment, to delved into someone's mind that way, to learn how much they cherish you, to learn Cloud loved her all this time, and then all the small pieces throughout the game started to make sense. It was just SO great ;-; The moment the Lifestream scene came in there was no way out for me, lol.

But I think I really started to ship the harder the more the Compilation started to delve into their relationship. Before that, there was so much misunderstood and confusion. It was hard to know if my interpretation of the game was right or it was just me projecting what I wanted it to be :/ Also, I tend to say that I like relationships with as much mutual development as possible. You have to convince me why I should ship these two together, and when the Compilation came in with ACC/CC/DC and Ultimanias they did just that :)

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
@Final_Heaven Can't forget Playstation Weibo jumping on the Cloti ship.

I would love to hear from everyone about what aspect(s) of Cloud and Tifa's relationship drew you into it in the first place, and whether that's changed over time. Since people were first introduced to FF7 at different points in its 23 year history, not to mention at different stages in their own lives, I'm really curious to see the range of responses.

I was introduced to C/T through the Remake, and got some general info filled in by one of my brothers, who is an FF fanboy. Kinda wished I discovered the original game as a teen, but then again I feel it's a bit of a blessing that I can detach myself from the pairings since they're not connected to my childhood memories.

In the Remake, the moment that really spoke to me was when Cloud comes back from the mission with Jessie. The entire conversation in that scene is what sold me onto their "love story", followed by Cloud's gentle, "Good night, Tifa." Girl was so worried about him disappearing, she couldn't even sleep, and guy seemed so secretly in love with her, he's talking gently and smiling...at the freaking door! They're dancing around each other, but I know there's more, and I want more. It's just this warm, fuzzy feeling I get with these two whenever they share the same space. I always feel like the third wheel!

Edit: Forgot to mention all the subtle flirty moments and the touching, but that's really just icing on the cake for me.

In the original game, which I'm still currently playing now, while it was super to fun to flirt around with the girls, I wasn't completely sold until, like most have already mentioned, the Lifestream event, when everything was revealed and things got real. I think Inner Cloud taking Tifa's hand and guiding her through memories in his subconscious, and them finding out what really went down was, hands down, just as (and maybe an even more) powerful scene than Aerith's death for me. All the puzzle pieces fell into place for me then and there. Tifa was just an ordinary girl. She didn't have a way to access his mind, couldn't talk to him in his dreams. But in the Lifestream, Cloud was the one letting her in. Just felt weirdly intimate. It's like how I feel in real life when I share my deepest thoughts with someone I completely trust.

Last edited:

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
@Final_HeavenI was introduced to C/T through the Remake, and got some general info filled in by one of my brothers, who is an FF fanboy.

Curious to know if your brother has a view on Cloud's relationships or if he doesn't really care? I'm guessing most FF7 fans are indifferent about the romance aspect of the game. I almost forgot how it was like to not play the game with a shipping lens because I've become too invested in these characters in a very short time.

I have yet to hit my daily 10k word quota, I would love to hear from everyone about what aspect(s) of Cloud and Tifa's relationship drew you into it in the first place, and whether that's changed over time. Since people were first introduced to FF7 at different points in its 23 year history, not to mention at different stages in their own lives, I'm really curious to see the range of responses. (Only if you wanna share, of course!)

May I know what 10k daily word quota is that? Always love reading your views / analysis so I'm sure we wouldn't mind you fulfilling your word count here ;)

I must admit that the first time I played FF7 as a kid, the romance completely flew past me, I just thought of it as a really different and epic game, it was my first foray in JRPGs. I replayed the OG when I was a teenager and actually thought Cloud and Aerith were ok, probably because I bought into the whole fantasy, romance trope but I wasn't shipping them either. I was just playing it as the game seemed to direct me to, I did not go out of my way to get higher affection points to go on a date with Tifa.

Then I played it again just after the announcement of FF7 Remake, this time as a young adult, the lifestream sequence and Tifa's devotion really drawn me to their relationship and possibly because my view on relationships have also changed with time. I have learned to value what Tifa and Cloud shared - a firm, established friendship, care, concern and affection towards each other and ultimate that undying devotion that I saw from Tifa. Honestly I was more drawn to Tifa's character than the C/T ship and I even felt like Cloud did not deserve Tifa because I couldn't quite see Cloud's devotion and affection towards Tifa. The original AC only made my impression worst, I thought Cloud was quite a jerk treating Tifa like that.

Then the Remake came out I told myself that I'm gonna try my best to be kind to Tifa by picking all the right options. But when I actually played the game, I was like "OMG what's happening?"... Cloud giving Tifa the flower? Cloud calling Tifa beautiful? Cloud showing concerned for Tifa? Cloud listening to Tifa? Cloud being kind to Tifa? Cloud hugging Tifa?! Most of these weren't even my actions but on Cloud's own volition!

I literally became a C/T shipper overnight, couldn't get enough of this couple and scoured the internet to find more like-minded fans to learn more about them. You guys have been helping me to see things I never realized before and I'm having so much fun playing through the remake again.

I just hope the community's passion and discussions can last until Part 2!

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I would love to hear from everyone about what aspect(s) of Cloud and Tifa's relationship drew you into it in the first place, and whether that's changed over time. Since people were first introduced to FF7 at different points in its 23 year history, not to mention at different stages in their own lives, I'm really curious to see the range of responses. (Only if you wanna share, of course!)

Wow, everyone's responses are great. I have really enjoyed reading them. A little backstory, I was a 20 years old when the OG came out. I was actually in the US Navy, stationed in Japan. Luckily, I bought the game before our deployment to the Middle East. After the fact, I heard that back in the States, a lot of people were talking about the game and people were spoiled. I was really lucky that the game wasn't spoiled for me because we didn't have the internet on our ship. I was able to play the game isolated so I didn't know what was going to happen.

I want to preface this with this comment. I think what drew me into Cloud X Tifa is just how grounded their relationship is. It is so relatable. Child hood friend, the promise made when they were young. With that said, I think the defining moment for me was just the amount of love that Tifa had for Cloud when he was at his lowest of lows. In Mideel, when Tifa found and decided to stay by Cloud's side over saving the world and said nothing matters to her only Cloud. It takes a special person to give up on everything, even her own personal well being to take care of someone. That is asking a lot of a person. Tifa did this voluntarily that there is what sold me.

The build up to when Tifa found him in Mideel, specifically just after boarding the Highwind after slapping the crap of Scarlet, Cait Sith said everyone is waiting, she ran to see if Cloud was on board. She looked for him, and the rest of the group noticed her change of behavior when she figured out he wasn't there. The groups reaction to her behavior said a lot about the way Tifa felt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom