Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
What's the deal with all the "Tifa's Boyfriend" memes I keep seeing? I feel like I'm out of the loop on something.

Lol, oh that meme 😆 It's from one of Square's stream of three older men, I think of one the guy is a comedian, they were playing through the GS date, Tifa's date during ch. 12, and they call Cloud Tifa's boyfriend

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
What's the deal with all the "Tifa's Boyfriend" memes I keep seeing? I feel like I'm out of the loop on something.

Square Enix produced a video with guests playing some part of FF7 Rebirth. They're playing the Gold Saucer section. And the whole segment is basically them talking about how Cloud is already in love, calling him Tifa's boyfriend yadi yada

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Interesting that an official SE stream did this.

That's funny though... so I guess the meme is because they kept referring to him as that instead of "Cloud".

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah, if this was pre-2020, I feel like they’d still be trying to remain as neutral as possible.
Nah they weren't neutral. We just didn't notice with all the gaslighting from the LTD, but SE really already treated CT as a couple. There were paid cosplayers for example, acting like a couple in an SE event, but you never heard about it because it needed the social medias to be spread about. We didn't hear about it I think when it happened.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Nah they weren't neutral. We just didn't notice with all the gaslighting from the LTD, but SE really already treated CT as a couple. There were paid cosplayers for example, acting like a couple in an SE event, but you never heard about it because it needed the social medias to be spread about. We didn't hear about it I think when it happened.
I suppose as the years go by, it gets easier and easier to see promotional material in Japan at a much faster rate.

Much of the stuff I saw pre-2020 always seemed neutral to me.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I mean, that doesn't seem neutral to me:
  • x.com
  • x.com
  • x.com the cosplayers from a 2017 show (x.com for the proof it was an SE show)
  • x.com as far as SE are concerned, CT are married lol
  • x.com not sure when this was, but given the old graphics xD Tifa's line is from the promise scene, Cloud's from the HA HW scene
Etc. etc., there are really SHIT TONS of stuff we missed because you have to know the JP sites/accounts, etc. and not even half came to our ears (and some with gaslight from some too).

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I mean, that doesn't seem neutral to me:
  • x.com
  • x.com
  • x.com the cosplayers from a 2017 show (x.com for the proof it was an SE show)
  • x.com as far as SE are concerned, CT are married lol
  • x.com not sure when this was, but given the old graphics xD Tifa's line is from the promise scene, Cloud's from the HA HW scene
Etc. etc., there are really SHIT TONS of stuff we missed because you have to know the JP sites/accounts, etc. and not even half came to our ears (and some with gaslight from some too).
I've never seen those except for the Ultimania ones. That's interesting actually.

I'm glad we know have gotten to the point where all this is readily available or I'd never have known.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
There are tons of other stuff. Like Cloud pining for Tifa in a spin off game (Itadaki Street), with Aerith as a cheerleader! Or like how they named their giphy site “Words aren’t the only thing that tell people what you’re thinking...” – Tifa Lockhart while using a Cloud icon for a long while (now it's a SE icon lol). Lots of promotion pre-Remake really went above our heads because they were targetting JP fans specifically, not the other fans.

Top Bottom