Farewell to an experiment...Teams

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Unfortunately, due to the lack of interest and development from users regarding Teams here on the forums, we feel its necessary to end our trial run of the concept. Due to the fact that the teams are essentially serving as nothing more than isolated discussion sections for sections that already exist, we will move the discussions of each team to the appropriate sub-forum here on the forum to not let the discussion and contributions go to waste.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Hey, I tried to get something going, but apparently no one gave enough of a shit to bother.

So meh.

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
Hey, I tried to get something going, but apparently no one gave enough of a shit to bother.

So meh.

If I had any idea we had teams I'd be up for it. It sounds like fun, maybe if we advertised it a bit more, made it sound more appealing we could re-open the teams idea?

If we do can I be in your team Dacon? :awesome:

xxx

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I joined said teams, just couldn't really think of much to say.

Something like Great Justice (as an example), which is for serious discussion, is, to my mind, gonna require a bit more insight and forethought as to what one could/should/would post about. Bitching about the economy/political bullcrappery in the US isn't going to hold any interest for most people. Religion is always a touchy subject, etc.

In the case of teh music, I'm a musical neophyte. I don't know shit about music, so I sit back and watch, and post from time to time.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So anyone want to postulate and put forth some intelligent reasoning as to why the teams didn't get used after people bitched so loudly for them? :monster:

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
So anyone want to postulate and put forth some intelligent reasoning as to why the teams didn't get used after people bitched so loudly for them? :monster:

Maybe people wanted to see if they bitched hard enough you would actually put effort into making a teams section only for them to ignore it and go "Muahahahahah"

OR

Maybe people didn't see how being in a team benefited them, If there was more of a team spirit, competitive sort of thing, if we held competitions between teams then maybe people would feel move inclined to join a team.

xxxxx

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

They weren't complete revivals of the teams on acf, or at least weren't similar enough for some folks to be comfortable with them.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Bah, people just need to get over the fact that this isn't ACF and just move on already. ¬_¬

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
They weren't complete revivals of the teams on acf, or at least weren't similar enough for some folks to be comfortable with them.

That pretty much. It seemed like the Teams made could have been made into sections for the forum... or pretty much were pre-existing subforums. That said, I know shit all about politics, dick all about comics, and music... eh. They needed to be more generic regarding general chat imo as opposed to a separate topic.

firehahahahahaha

fire master
Lack of competition among teams, lack of interest in the current teams, and the fact that everyone could see them would be my thoughts...

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

To piss you off. Yes you, Mako, this was all a plot against you! I instigated it and it worked perfectly, :shifty:

Now to take over the forums :awesome:

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
I might also add that technicaly there was really only one team (Those chosen by the planet). Two of them were for the discussion of music and comics and the other was just the same as the Mako reactor section from ACF.

Perhapse having more than one team that's not topic specific would help, so people can join whichever and have that stuff like comp's and friendly rivalries? (of course nothing like what happened on ACF, we're all civilized here....well mostly)

To piss you off. Yes you, Mako, this was all a plot against you! I instigated it and it worked perfectly, :shifty:

Now to take over the forums :awesome:

Really? oh well in that case....

PREPARE TO BE CRUSHED INTO HUMAN MINCE PIES YOU PATHETIC FLESH CREATURES!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well I was just asking for curiousity's sake. :monster:

And the people decided the team subjects and outline, not us. So you can blame yourselves :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
1200899238068.jpg

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I think everyone was hoping for something better than what was delivered. Well from my point of view anyway.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Also development needs to come from the team leaders as well. Not just the userbase. You're the ones in charge of the teams so instead of deeming them failures. Discuss ways to get them going in the right direction.

also to start some improvement. make music to music and movies fgj

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I still don't get what the point of teams is.. not when we have clubs and groups.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
they're for me to fap over music, and hopefully movies.

Top Bottom