Farewell to an experiment...Teams

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
lol Mako, I'm not entirely sure the membership order was 100% clear though. Find me the post stating "Ignore the group memberships in your user CP, go directly to the social groups and join there" and I will bend over and kiss your ass and call you my God. :monster:

Because rly I don't think it was ever stated like that so simply for people to understand.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
How the hell did the 20+ people figure it out and join the teams then? And then suddenly forget how to post there?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Because they were told after having to PM a mod or sumsuch? And then realized the teams werent what they originally expected?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
When did these 20 plus people PM mods to have it explained to them?

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Hey the music team is pretty active. Well more active than this section. :awesome: Also 20 people were around about the same people who wanted a spam section. So according to you thats not the forum majority. :awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Actually, no its not. Not nearly enough considering how many people joined it. It's the same people posting in it.

The point is, is that there's a dirth of activity to warrant their existence, given the fact people joined them, and did nothing with it. Your analogy to the spam section makes no sense. Since there's...no majority that actually IS using them.

And Channy, I think this: http://thelifestream.net/forums/showpost.php?p=69967&postcount=1

Accurately describes the way you join a team and post in the respective section. It's pretty easy.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I warned I might not make any sense earlier. I'll stop now promise. :awesome:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Well I can't give a reason for why people have joined and not responded. I know nothing about Politics (although I've thought of some controversial topics but I don't know if they'd be Great Justice, or General Chat... or Spam :monster: ), or comics... or even music. A lot of the music section is alternative with some random threads about Disney.

Team sections being more strict, I'm not sure if some threads I wanted to make would fit into the guidelines of such.

..rambling. tired. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You're all lazy, ungrateful brats who squander your gifts. That's why :awesome:

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. You all need spankings.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Orchid said:
Also development needs to come from the team leaders as well. Not just the userbase. You're the ones in charge of the teams so instead of deeming them failures. Discuss ways to get them going in the right direction.

THAR'S NO *I* IN TEAM!

Srsly though, I disagree. I've bitched quite enough about this topic, so I'll keep it simple and say that it's because people could have cared less, not because of poor leadership. If there was a leadership vacuum there then someone(s) truly dedicated would have taken the reins on getting shit rolling. I'd wager on what Dacon said, though, and say that it's likely members didn't get exactly what they had in mind, and thus they didn't bother.

My $.02, don't spend it all at once, etc

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
THAR'S NO *I* IN TEAM!

There's no *U* in team either, so I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, No one's on the god damn team! The Team sucks. :monster:

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
There's no *U* in team either, so I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, No one's on the god damn team! The Team sucks. :monster:

TOUCHE MY FRIEND. :O

Rly, we should just spell Teiamu, but still pronounce it the same, imo. :shifty:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Dammit, I told her to correct that.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
DAMMIT, I was sleepy when I wrote that. :lol: I was thinking of the expression "I could care less," questionably derived from "I could not care less."

Me n' my 'Murican english sux, ya'll. :doh:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
From an outsider's point of view (aka neither the staff nor a member who cared about teams) as to why I didn't give a shit: what's the point? Everything in the teams was the same as the rest of the forum and with less activity, to boot. You have to join a team strictly to talk about something you could talk about in another, more active area not requiring the joining part. Not that the joining would be a pain in the ass or anything--yes, it does look incredibly simple to me--but that there was no need for it.

Thing is it's not teams, it's just duplication of the forum made to look like teams. Teams are for groups of like-minded individuals to join together to talk of outside of normal forum topics (like shit happening in our lives) and for having competitions among them. To me they're cliques, which can be both bad and good, with contests. Since what was supplied was merely a duplication of what we already had (which was better, I might add) it really was a waste of time.

That's my thoughts anyways. Take it with a grain of salt as I really cb'd about teams stuff. :P

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
I had only joined one team but, as some have said before, I didn't really quite know what to talk about or to say XD. There wasn't barely any threads in the team itself and I didn't know what or not what to speak of so LOLz, ish why I didn't really post. Teams seemed like a good idea at the time but it looks like people ended up losing interest in it afterwhile, probably why alot of them didn't post at all *shrugs*.

+ Seeker Of Salvation +

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
People didn't join teams because they weren't fucking teams. Since day 1, I said we needed to add more to them, but the jolly fruitcups said no. :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom