Favorite FFVII Fanart

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
tumblr_okth2kQJ5v1t9xz5po1_1280.png

art by Yinza

cidvincent_by_nonsenser-d9c2kw9.jpg

- Source

I very much enjoy the brush used here. The snow is painted in such a way that it feels like I'm standing inside the painting.

ff7___nightmares_by_yinza-d91yy3i.png

- Source

The emotion in this picture outweighs my annoyance with how Tifa doesn't really look like Tifa. It makes me think about that huge gap in the timeline where at some point Tifa and Barret first met. It's neat to imagine that initial bonding period between these two scarred souls.

ff7__chess_match_by_combatmaster.jpg

- Source

Pure, innocent adorableness. Marlene playing chess with Vincent? The idea is both ludicrous and wonderful. Ludicrous because Marlene has no chance of winning, wonderful because the match is happening despite the fact.

reupload___and_today_s_speedpaint_goes_to____by_ja_sz-da8gbcs.jpg

- Source

A bit over-the-top to have Shalua building her new arm while her stump is still bleeding, but it does capture the spirit of her resilient nature. I like it.

neo_jenova___awakening_by_kornaxon-d8e0vc5.jpg

- Source

Lucrecia turning into "Neo-Jenova". Not the same thing as the plot Tres wrote for FGC, but it makes me reminisce about that.

From the artist's description:
This is the sequel of this: http://kornaxon.deviantart.com/art/Neo-Jenova-Stage-0-502943939

Headcanon behind this: Lucrecia has been cocooning for long enough to merge with the alien virus, so this picture shows the awakening of the new Jenova. Still fierce and not completely at her senses (like most of us after waking up), she starts to take back instantly what she had given away a long time ago, or so her foggy memories tell her. Therefore she is wearing (part of) Vincent's uniform. She also tore the Protomateria out from Vincent's chest.
The virus aggressive nature also shows its effect on her changing body and outfit.

please_watch_ff7acc__d_by_semokan.jpg

- Source

Zack just watched his friend being turned into shish kebab and he has the audacity to say "If it were me, I still wouldn't give up". Yeah Zack and you died that time when you didn't give up. I find this fanart cathartic because it's a pleasing contrast with the ghost scene in ACC.

EDIT: Just found this neat 3D model of Tifa

Last edited:
1FF_VII_Cloud_Sephiroth_Vincent_dre.jpg

d9c77500f01cce3fed7143c52a2dcc1b.jpg

1FF_VII_Aerith_Yuffie_Tifa_dress_up.jpg

Now I want to play FFX-2 with these three characters instead. :monster:

- Originally found here. The larger versions could be found on photobucket and pinterest.

ChipNoir linked to what instantly became one of my favorite pieces of FFVII fanart.

zTYUXAw.png

- Full size

Seeing these NPCs realized in this cartoon form is so refreshing. Outside of ObstinateMelon's comic, we don't see much fanart like this where the original, primitive NPC models are rendered in greater detail.

I was unsuccessful in finding the original tumblr source, because navigating tumblr is hopeless. >___>

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The red haired girl next to the poor Shinra Manager, if I were ever to cosplay I'd be her, cos you could go about like that irl and look cool as fuck and not get pelted with cabbages.

Kinda sad that the spiky haired dude with the combat pants and shades isn't there.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
The red haired girl next to the poor Shinra Manager, if I were ever to cosplay I'd be her, cos you could go about like that irl and look cool as fuck and not get pelted with cabbages.

Kinda sad that the spiky haired dude with the combat pants and shades isn't there.

He's unique to Wallmarket IIRC, which hasn't really been covered in one of these artist's sets yet. There are more, and I'll post them in an edit. I found the artist's tumblr as well, so I'll post that when I'm not at Taco Bell with an anal retentive censor routine on their wifi.

This art does make me sad in a way, because it's made me realize why I've never quite embraced the Compilation: The world of VII through that filter is very, very hollow and soulless. They spent a lot of time fine-tuning the characters, but not a single hint of the original art style caries over to the NPC world.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ferarri will look back at the original, and do his best to translate that to second tier NPCs. I don't think I can handle a full Midgar where everyone either wears K-Mart rejects or business suits.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Another piece from Merwild on Tumblr:

tumblr_osa5u6uGsR1uv3gwvo1_540.png

It's worth noting that they are playing through FF7 for the first time, and they just passed a very pivotal part. How they weren't spoiled beforehand is beyond me, but it's sweet to see first reactions to it.

Top Bottom