Pro Adventurer
EVxbIXeXsAAUvca

EVxbJVWXYAAYwYI
Source

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yes yes, Tifa and Aerith can have each other, and the Jessie and Cloud can get together. Perfect. I kid, I kid...

Dunno if this is a hot take, but I actually think the remake did a much better job showing Tifa and Aerith's relationship. Too many of their interactions in the original were just them being vaguely antagonistic at each other over Cloud, and not enough just showed them being friends. I'm glad the remake was more mature than that.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Wow, that was actually chilling.

I get mad when people say square is going to take that scene out in the remake, it is one of the defining moments in Cloud's arc. That's when Sephiroth beats him, and leads him down the spiral that ends with Cloud willingly giving Sephiroth the black materia later.

Ana very disappointed in TFS for removing it in their abridged series. Melons comic is only two or three pages out from that scene, I've been curious how he will handle it.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, I do wonder how the Remake with handle that scene since they aren’t using blocky Popeye figures and loony tunes sound effects. I don’t think they will flat out cut but I definitely imagine the cinematography/staging of the scene being very different. Maybe something similar to the FFXV Omen trailer that had Noctis wailing on Luna?

As TFS, I think it’s completely understandable that they cut that scene, as even with their moments of pathos, it wouldn’t mesh well with the overall comedic tone of an Abridged Series.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'd be more willing to agree if not for TFS' propensity for straying from comedy in their other series. For instance, the play Gohan's death in the trunks special completely straight, and it was very effective. They can do serious when they want to.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I'd be more willing to agree if not for TFS' propensity for straying from comedy in their other series. For instance, the play Gohan's death in the trunks special completely straight, and it was very effective. They can do serious when they want to.
Yeah but the FFVII Machinabridged isn’t nearly as visual detailed as the anime they abridged, I really don’t think it would have meshed well the with the tone the Machinabridged series was doing. Also the pacing is far quicker too so I could easily see that be a considered issue too.
That reminds me I do wonder when TFS is going to release the the big series finale episode?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah but the FFVII Machinabridged isn’t nearly as visual detailed as the anime they abridged, I really don’t think it would have meshed well the with the tone the Machinabridged series was doing. Also the pacing is far quicker too so I could easily see that be a considered issue too.
That reminds me I do wonder when TFS is going to release the the big series finale episode?
They mentioned in their remake podcast episode that they were almost done writing it. Probably going to be a while still.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Someone on Pixiv drew a collection of awesome FFVIIR fanart recently (mostly portraits)

Wish I knew what they were saying in this one.

Top Bottom