SPOILERS Favorite songs from the Remake

ForceStealer

Double Growth
If we're talking future OST pieces, I can't wait to hear what Vincent's theme sounds like. The fact it was left out of Dirge entirely was absolutely criminal!

I love Dirge's soundtrack, and it still drives me nuts that Vincent's own damn theme wasn't in his game, lol.

Between that and XIII's refusal to include stuff like the prelude, victory fanfare, FF Main Theme, etc., I had come ot think Hamauzu just hated leitmotifs, but he certainly hasn't had a problem with them in the Remake, so who knows.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I love Dirge's soundtrack, and it still drives me nuts that Vincent's own damn theme wasn't in his game, lol.

Between that and XIII's refusal to include stuff like the prelude, victory fanfare, FF Main Theme, etc., I had come ot think Hamauzu just hated leitmotifs, but he certainly hasn't had a problem with them in the Remake, so who knows.

I mean technically Vincent didn't have a designated theme in VII. If anything, the Dirge soundtrack gave him a recurring theme which I expect might make a return seeing as Hamauzu is involved (assuming he stays involved).

Also, off the top of my head I don't remember any distinctly Hamauzu sounding tracks in Remake that were arrangements of Uematsu's stuff...though I could be wrong. He seemed to mostly be doing new music though.
edit: I just remembered there were bits of the FF Theme in the Arbiter of Fate music :monster:

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

Wait, I thought 13 had the prelude. Wasn't it a different rendition, kind of like 10-2?

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
The OST was one of the top highlights of the whole thing for me. I lost count of the amount of times I just broke into a smile when one of the original pieces started playing, and that really peaked with Underneath The Rotting Pizza. They completed nailed that one.

Additonally, of the remade pieces I loved the most...

Shinra's Theme - I actually preferred the trailer/demo version but they've still done it well here. It was hard to get this wrong given the strength of the OG piece.
Those Chosen By The Planet - Fit the flashback scenes to perfection.
Don Of The Slums (Intro) - I don't know why, but where the doors to that place open and this starts playing, it just feels so ominous.

Of the new pieces, my favourites included but were not limited to...

Scorpion Sentinel - Epic. There's no other way to describe it. Sort of fits in the bracket of new/remade.
Scrap Boulevard Cleanup Crew - Catchy and goes nicely with the Avalanche Theme early in Chapter 3.
Undercity Suns and its battle equivalent Critical Shot, really captures the sense of foreboding of the area you're in.
Hollow Skies - I'm fairly indifferent to Hollow, but this mix is really nice.
Colosseum Death Match - Don't ask me why. Probably 'cos I had to listen to it a few times as those Bombs kept knocking me over.
Hand Over Hand - Just so catchy.

I've probably missed loads here that I liked. I can't track down the battle theme of when they're in the car park of the Shinra Building but I really liked that as well. Overall it really was as close to perfect as you can get.

My favourite music is the track that plays on the open road (not the collapsed expressway) between Sector 5 and Sector 6. Anyone know what it's called?

Aside from that the music didn't have as big an impact on me in this game as in the OG. If I'm trying to listen to words, I usually tune music right out.

I did find that at times the cacophony of music and voices in Wall Market was overwhelming and disorienting, and I'm sure this was done on purpose.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
My favourite music is the track that plays on the open road (not the collapsed expressway) between Sector 5 and Sector 6. Anyone know what it's called?

Aside from that the music didn't have as big an impact on me in this game as in the OG. If I'm trying to listen to words, I usually tune music right out.

I did find that at times the cacophony of music and voices in Wall Market was overwhelming and disorienting, and I'm sure this was done on purpose.
I'll have to go back and listen to that song again. I can't remember exactly what its was.

I agree a little bit how the music combats the dialogue. While I do like the music played in wall market, it was distracting because there was more than one theme that would get played (music discs)

Other than that, music is a big part of games for me. Especially when they reflect what's going on in that moment. They are like scores from movies.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

I believe it’s this song?

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
A Solemn Sunset is kinda like the Dust to Dust of FFVIIR, isn't? If it had vocals it would be even more beautiful.

Last edited:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Does anybody know what the music that plays during the cutscene just before the final battle is called?

Reactions: Wol

Turlast

Lv. 25 Adventurer
This is a hard one. I can say that I've enjoyed nearly every song in this game. I can't think of one that I don't like.

When I first heard Collapsed Expressway field and battle theme, I was blown away. Those are so adventurous and hype. It really took me off-guard. Don Corneo's Coliseum is another.

But not even an hr ago, I reached Shinra HQ. That theme is magical. It captures the entire environment perfectly. A huge, empty, but beautiful building. I literally put my controller down and listened to the theme for several mins. That's how amazing it is to me. Probably my fav one by far now. The Shinra HQ theme was one of my favs from the OG, so I'm really happy that I love Remake's version. Too good.

Unforgettable music can take a great game and transform it into a masterpiece.

Edit: I'm also very happy with the Shinra Infiltration remix. It didn't play all that long, but it was a very faithful remix to the original. The theme that played when you had to find the contact with "The Mayor" was great. Another one I really enjoyed was the theme with the woman singing when you get to the 59th floor. Really, I lost track count of the many great songs here.

So even though the Shinra Lobby theme is by far my fav, the majority of the music in the Shinra HQ is too good. They did an amazing job with this OST.

Last edited:
Top Bottom