D&D
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=264.msg16762#msg16762 date=1234308105]
LMAO @ Dark and Divine

I can't believe you said that XDDDDD
[/quote]

Surprised?

I do have a sense of humour, you know? :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Dacon, go back to fapping to Ms. Innocent Tifa.

I prefer my woman mature, and....interesting.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=264.msg16786#msg16786 date=1234309772]

I prefer my woman mature, and....interesting.
[/quote]

And Tifa isn't?

There's also the added bonus of her not having an awful personality, and being a hateful sour beotch like someone else.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Interesting as in kinky :monster:

Lulu, wasn't awful. She's just cold until you actually get to know her and befriend her. She warms up to you pretty well. And she certainly wasn't hateful.

You're the hateful one!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
No her verbal abuse of Wakka was all cool.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Tough love dood :duhard:

And that's funny coming from your coarse ass.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=264.msg16846#msg16846 date=1234316814]
No her verbal abuse of Wakka was all cool.
[/quote]

Hell, who wouldn't want to verbal abuse Wakka. I certainly have no problem with Wakka abuse :monster:

Estelle.

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Hmmm definitely Aerith, Ashe, Rinoa, Terra, Celes, Gogo, Tifa, Garnet, Yuna, Balthier, Rikku, Rydia, Cain and Rosa..

Probably more but those are the most important ones :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Dark and Divine link=topic=264.msg16759#msg16759 date=1234308016]Unbelting all those belts in order to get to her vagina without faiting out of exhaustion would be quite a feat. :monster:[/quote]

I had always wondered, on a slightly more innocent level, how long it took her to go to the bathroom.

And that's a lot of girls, Estelle :P

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Hottest FF females are Quistis, Terra, and adult Rydia, in that order. It is known. Lulu might be fourth, idk.

Buster Sword

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Dark and Divine link=topic=264.msg16759#msg16759 date=1234308016]
It seems that Mako likes a challenge.

Unbelting all those belts in order to get to her vagina without faiting out of exhaustion would be quite a feat. :monster:
[/quote]I wouldn't, her vagina smells like horse raddish.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Favorite Characters: Rydia, Faris, Locke, Celes, Shadow, Tifa, Cid, Rude, Rinoa, Irvine, Laguna, Kiros, Ward, Vivi, Auron, Rikku, Kimahri, Maechen, Paine, Balthier, Fran, Beowulf, Cloud

Hottest Females: Tifa, Celes, Rinoa, Rikku, Paine, Fran, Beatrix (maybe Lulu, if she's lucky)

Favorite Villains: Tiamat (FF1), Gilgamesh, The Lucavi (FFT), Sephiroth, Hojo, Kuja, Sin, Shuyin

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Can I include my reasons now?

FF1: Black Mage. Okay, so this doesn't count.
I always loved the Black Mage because he’s a walking army when he gets off some high-powered spells
Oh, and Red Mage. While weaker at the end of the game, they are pretty useful for about 3/4sth of the way through, which is all one really needs, anyways.

FF4: Cecil. I can understand why some go “ick!” but I’ve always had a fascination with the paladin types and Cecil’s heroic nature makes me feel like he’s a leader unlike some characters. Rydia. She’s such a cute little character and powerful to boot. And her story is so tragic yet she’s brave anyways. Kain. Who cannot love the honor-bound dragoon who is conflicted by ….Rosa. Although again I can see why people might not like her, and being rescued all the time IS annoying, she’s a lot stronger of spirit and has spells that’ll keep you alive in this game. Edge. Edge is just fun because he’s fucking hilarious and works as a great comic relief. His story also intrigued me as it was a bit different than the norm. Palom and Porom Ah, the twins! Well, first being one helps me relate, but they’re also so darn cute.

FF6: Celes. The tough chick with a heart of gold archetype. Well, Celes has a truly fascinating story and she’s powerful as well, good stuff. Edgar. Edgar falls off later in the game, but at the start he’s both strong and really fun character. I just like his personality. Setzer. Despite unique and unusual reasons, you’d think I’d hate this character, but incidentally I don’t. He’s a fun character and while not powerful, useful at times. (Daryl gets an honorable mention for obvious reasons here). Terra. I love how Terra is strong yet vulnerable. She is brave but she also doubts. There’s something really special about watching her learn to love, and I found it awesome it wasn’t the traditional “fall for a guy” but maternal love that she finds. Cyan. Cyan’s story is perhaps the most tragic of them all and the dream sequence is my favorite scene in the game. Mog. He’s just cut. ‘Nuff said. Kefka…one of the best villains ever created. Insane. Evil. Malicious. What’s not to love?

FF7: Sephiroth. Perhaps my favorite character in a game, Sephiroth caught my attention I a magazine, and kept it years later. Okay, I know people are like “UGH!” but I’m not some fandom fangirl. I love his story. I love his personality (well, you get the point). I’m not just all hyped on some chest (although, that’s nothing to complain about either…) but rather that he’s a villain that seems deeper than most. Vincent. Perhaps the appeal of Vincent goes back to my own character, one I created for a book who had the same name. He’s a character that’s been broken, yet somehow still keeps going. Aerith. There’s something special about Aerith. She’s stubborn and slightly divaish, yet warm and kind. And she’s perhaps the bravest person you could ever know (in a video game). And through it all, she remains strong, which is what’s really remarkable about her. Rufus. He was a fun character. I felt they could have developed his character more, but oh well. Nanaki. He’s a good character, but sadly didn’t get nearly enough screentime, ever. And while Zack’s barely there, I loved his character for it was something remarkable about his devotion to his friend.

FF8: Quintis. The only character I could stand. Okay, well, I like Laguna too, but really there’s not many characters in this game I could stand. Um, next!

FF9: Vivi. Who couldn’t love the adorable little guy who’s unsure of his place in the world? He’s just so pitiful that he’s adorable. Freya. I love Freya for being one of the few female characters that breaks the model. She’s not a princess. She’s not the last of her race. She’s not a tough chick with a heart of gold. She’s kind, loyal, intelligent and strong. And a rat. Now that’s unique.

FF10: Yuna. I HATE HATE HATE her voice in the game, but other than that I loved her character. She’s the de facto leader even though they’re there to protect her. And considering what she’s facing for most of the game, she’s also incredibly brave. Auron. I love his character. He’s just so smart and witty, yet still laid back. Yet his story is also a very sad one (there’s a trend here….). I find what happens to him very intriguing.

FF12: Um, not sure yet, Vayne's cool though

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Well, i'll take the chance and include my reasons:

Kefka Palazzo

Might as well take the opportunity to say what i like about Kefka...

Well, for starters, I like the way that Kefka broke with the tradition concerning FF villains.

While the others before him were cold, evil Knights in armour, Kefka was loud, temperemental and downright insane, with his jester design being a breath of fresh air when compared with his armoured ancestors. And Kefka's character added an element to his evilness that was not too usual at that time: Humour.

Something very interesting about Kefka is his intricate and very detailed background, even though most of it was revealed in the Ultimania-like book for FFVI and not in the game itself.

His background is so detailed that it is even stated what is his zodiac sign and his blood type!

I like Kefka's personality, too. His flamboyant demeanour; his coldness; his intelligence and insanity ; his manipulative and saddistic nature; his sense of humour...

As for his voice, I really liked the way that Shigeru Chiba was able to caught the essence of Kefka's character in his work. The subtle way that Chiba changed from a normal tone to a fiery and loud tone of voice was just amazing. I really hope that whoever is doing Kefka's voice for the West will be able to do the same good work as Chiba did.

And we can't talk about Kefka without mentioning his laugh.

When I heard his laugh for the first time, right after the "sand in my boots" scene, I was really surprised and laughed my ass off. It was something unexpected, but very amusing and became a trademark of Kefka's character.

Kefka had also some incredible lines throughout the game. The aforementioned "sand in my boots" line; the "Run, run or you will be well done" line; the "Son of a Submariner" line...

Those were all great and memorable lines that went down in the history of Final Fantasy.

My personal favourite is: "This is sickening! You sound like pages from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!"

In a more plot-specific point, i like how Kefka was able to go from an unrespected general to the very Source of Magic in his World and all his despicable acts in order to do so.

Wich leads us to his power. I admire Kefka's power as the God of Magic.

Kefka holds the power that turned the world in ruins and his Light of Judgement is a force to be reckoned, being able to destroy entire towns and cut fissures to the Planet itself.

Concerning Kefka's design, i like how they made him a colourful, intimidating yet majestic figure, with his uniform being very adorned as if Kefka was an emperor of sorts.

I like his uniform very much, with his colourful and intricate design.

His final form, as the God of Magic, is also amazing with his angelical and demonic wings.

Finally, other thing i like about Kefka, is the symbolism behind his character, namely his final form as a seraph and some of his attacks, such as "Fallen One" and "Forsaken" being some sort of reference to Lucifer.

Sephiroth

...What do you like about Sephiroth?

I, for instance, like the way that, even though he's absent for most of FFVII and AC, his presence was felt everywhere and everything was in turmoil because of him.

I also like the fact that we can see Sephiroth in two prespectives, as an hero and the ominous being that brought despair to the entire world.

His background is also very interesting and, though we got a little bit more info about it with the Compilation titles (specially CC) there's still a lot of mistery surrounding him. That's other thing i like about Sephiroth, that mistery aura that surrounds his character.

I like his personality, too. His calm yet intimidating demeanour; his coldness; his intelligence; his manipulative and a bit saddistic nature; his majestic way of speech...

His japanese voice really gives me chills down my spine. Morikawa really did a good work in catching the essence of Sephiroth's character in his voice. As for George Newbern, he's not bad, but i think that his voice is more suitable for a sane Sephiroth than for the Post-Nibelheim Sephiroth.

In a more plot-specific point, i like how Sephiroth was able to go beyond the laws of Nature and cheat death twice, while at the same time becoming even more powerful, by absorbing the knowledge held in the Lifestream during five years (FFVII) and, through Geostigma, corrupting a large amount of Lifestream and bend it to his will, in a sense creating his own Lifestream and achieving, to an extent, what he wanted to achieve in FFVII.

Wich leads us to his strength. I admire Sephiroth's strength and his skill with the Masamune is truly awesome!

In the fight against Cloud in AC, we can see how fast, strong and skillfull Sephiroth is, since he uses all his physical prowess against Cloud (he was not holding back in terms of pshysical strength as many believe).

The limits of his true power, however, is something that is still unknown.

Even in AC, where Sephiroth reached his highest peak, we only got some glimpses at his formidable power, mainly when he covers the sky over Midgar with the Negative Lifestream with just a wave of his hand and when he brings down the top of Shinra Building by just raising slightly his arms. These two events were two subtle, classy and tasteful ways of showing how powerful Sephiroth is, without falling in exageration.

And not knowing the limits of Sephiroth's power is something i also like about him, since it only serves to increase the mistery aura that is a part of Sephiroth's character.

Concerning Sephiroth's design, i like how they made him a misterious, intimidating yet graceful figure, specially in AC, with his otherworldy and somewhat adrogynous appearence.

I also like his uniform very much, specially its depiction in the Compilation, with a subtle yet classy restyling(the KH versions were horrible, though).

The Masamune is also awesome, even though it has a very simple design, when compared with Genesis' Rapier for instance.

And we can't talk about Sephiroth without reffering his wing. I love his single black wing and the symbolism behind it. It symbolizes Sephiroth's condition as a fallen hero/angel, but, together with his black uniform and his sword, Sephiroth can be seen as an Angel of Death, as a modern interpretation of the Grim Reaper.

In a sense, i'm kinda disapointed that they took Sephiroth's uniqueness as the One Winged Angel to create Angeal and the J-pop version of Sephiroth. Oh well...

Finally, other thing i like about Sephiroth, as I kinda reffered above, is the symbolism behind his character, from his name to his hair. :monster:

And because I like Sephiroth so much, i don't want him to return again.

What i've seen of Sephiroth in the past 11 years was more than enough for me.

The only thing that was lacking, at least for me, was to see Sephiroth fighting as the true One Winged Angel, wich will happen in ACC.

Kuja

So…What do I like about Kuja?

I, for instance, like the way he sees everything as a theatre play, adding a Shakespearean perspective to Final Fantasy villainy.

Something also very interesting about Kuja is his intricate background, with him being created as an Angel of Death, destined to wreck havoc in Gaia. There also very surprising elements to his background, like the fact that Kuja was created exactly how he is now. In contrast to Zidane, Kuja never was a child. He was born exactly as we see him in FFIX. That’s kind of twisted, but very intriguing nonetheless.

I also like Kuja’s personality. His intelligence; his manipulative demeanour; his majestic way of speech; his coldness…

Concerning Kuja’s voice, I’m glad that they chose Akira Ishida to voice him, because I think he did a wonderful job. His voice really fits Kuja’s personality and demeanour. Let’s just hope that whoever is voicing Kuja in the English version of Dissidia can do the same good job as Ishida.

Kuja also has a lot of great lines throughout FFIX. I like how his lines have a sense in poetry in them, being very beautiful and memorable.

But my favourite line is this one:

“I won’t have it! I won’t let this world exist without me!”

This line in particular is very striking, almost overwhelming! With the tension of the situation at hand, it sent chills down my spine!

In a more plot-specific point, i like how Kuja was able to manipulate everyone in order for him to reach his purposes, but I like especially how Kuja was able to gain the strength he long sought while his enemies were fighting each other, by absorbing the souls in the Invincible and cause his own Trance.

Wich leads us to his power. I admire Kuja's power as Trance Kuja.

By achieving his own Trance, Kuja became a godlike being, being able to largely destroy Terra in a short amount of time.

And that was my favourite moment in FFIX, not only due to the fact that it shows Kuja’s power, but also because of the expression of his face, when the camera goes around him. He looks so sad but, at the same time, so pure and divine.

Concerning Kuja's design, i like how they made him an androgynous and graceful figure, yet mysterious and intimidating at the same time

I also like his uniform very much, with his striking and unique design and his Trance mode is also very memorable.

Finally, a bit of symbolism about Kuja’s name…

Did you knew that Kuja is a Hindu god? The name “Kuja” means "son of the earth" (and Terra is another name for “earth”). Kuja is also known in Hinduism as the equivalent of Mars, the Red Planet. Also very fitting, since Terra's "light" is red.

These are the reasons why Kefka Palazzo, Sephiroth and Kuja are my favourite villains/characters, not only from Final Fantasy but from all media in general!

paoo

♥
Okay, let's see.. My favs are;

Cloud. He's hot, tragic, always protects the people he love, and did I mention hot? 8D
Tifa. I love that she is kind and sweet, but at the same time you can get pwned by her fighting-skills. And she's all motherly.~ :3 (Btw, she is hot!! XD)
Aerith. I really love her. She is always cheerful and never give up her hope. And very brave too. And woawwh.. she really is beautiful. She really is one of a kind. "The Last Cetra" sounds good, neh?
Zack. Oh damn, he is sexy. And he loves women! :monster: But he really is a hero..
Reno. Hawt D: And he is funny, so you can't resist him.
Lucrecia. A very tragic character, but I love her for that. X3
Yuffie. Geez, she is such a cutie. I don't find her annoying, really.. :o
Yuna. I really love her personality, and Yuna herself. Even tho her voice sucks. D:
Rikku. Cheerful and a sweetie. I love her!

Midnyte92

Mage-Like Girl
AKA
Air
My Favourite characters would be ......................ummmmm

Aerith, Vivi, Ashe,Gabranth, and Balthier.
there are many more but these are my top five.........at the moment

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Huh, I liked Yuna's dub voice. :/

*is curious as to why Daryl and xAerith didn't like it*

Top Bottom