FF 25th Anniversary Memorial Ultimanias

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Edit; tres darn you and your ninja ways. 8 hours ago because i forgot to check for another page.

It is one of Aerith's. That fire thing is probably just a Dragonball-esque visual sign of a surge of power.

This is what I made out from the handwritten text:

”乙女の囁き”
○このモーションは全キャラ分のリアクション
"Maiden's Whisper"
- This animation is the reaction for all characters

ダッシュバック。
消える。
Dashes back.
Disappears.

【カメラ】エアリス(追う)
[camera] follows Aerith

ワープで(選択)キャラの(背後)に出現するエアリス。
Aerith warps behind the selected character.

【カメラ2】(選択)キャラ(表)から
[camera 2] from front of selected character

何やら囁く。
Whispers something.

エアリス ワープ消え。
キャラ攻撃力UP!
Aeriths warps and disappears.
Char's attack power increases!

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Cool! I just realized that KH Squall has a red version of Rinoa's wing decal on the back of his jacket.

It's also interesting seeing how little the design's changed from the OG to CC.

espritduo

Zetta Member
And that is that for FFVIII!

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Special:ListFiles/Espritduo

Wikia has been acting up for me, so I don't know exactly how some of the images will look, but I think it's a cache problem, so it shouldn't effect anyone here, I hope.

My goal is to finish up FFIX before spring break ends, so hopefully I'll have that up too within a week.

EDIT: I have to ask, is anyone having trouble viewing the most recent images I uploaded (GF's and monsters)? I had hoped things would be looking normal by now, but the some of the GF's still have their uncropped black backgrounds, and some images are not loading. If others are seeing this too, I'm just going to upload everything to my own webspace as well, and link to that from now on. I planned on doing that anyways, but have been putting it off.

Last edited:

espritduo

Zetta Member
Ugh, well that's a bummer. I was hoping it was just me. You can still navigate around the FFwiki to find the new stuff in the "Categories:Final Fantasy VIII Artwork Images" page, I suppose. Hopefully the wiki gets its shit together before I'm ready to upload the FFIX stuff, but in the meantime here's the whole FF8 kit and kaboodle on my own webspace:

http://www.espritduo.com/images/Official%20FF%20Artwork/FF08/

That's not just the 25th Anni Ulti stuff, which would have been counter-productive to pick through and isolate. That's every piece of FF8 artwork I've got. The GF, Enemy, Location, and Vehicle folders will be where the new stuff I just uploaded to the wiki can be found. Miscellaneous might have a couple recent things too. At some point or other I'll get around to uploading the other games.

EDIT: I threw together a quicky script to construct gallery pages instead of a list of links for each of the folders, so now my collection of artwork should be about as easy to navigate as the one on the FFwiki. It was a quick and dirty thing, but it gets the job done. I hope.

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Any new info about FFVIII's universe? I wish they would've told us how GFs are created/born.

laurence

Pro Adventurer
What a privalege to view all those uploads. Thanks espritduo. I'll try to get my paws on these books if I spot them hanging around.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Thanks final boss espritduo

I love how detailed FFIX is, those are some damn well dressed NPCs.

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL QUINA

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Something interesting....

In one of the FFIX's height Chart pics, Kuja is listed as being 214 cm tall and 226,3 cm tall in Trance form and Zidane seems to be around 180 cm tall...

So why the heck did they made them so short in Dissidia? :monster:

I know that they had a somewhat chibi look in FFIX, but come on, no need to make them like they were dwarfs...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Because of the art style FF9 went with, I think it would've been kinda weird to see them 'stretched' to being more normal-sized.

VII's characters were super-deformed, but were normally proportioned (well, for anime) in the cutscenes. IX's looked chibi, as you say, even in good graphics. I think they would have looked too different. Amano's artwork of Zidane standing over Garnet always struck me as odd for that reason.

AvecAloes

Donator
This one? Yeah, I agree I can't really see them like this in game. It's not really IX's style.

tumblr_m5kye7KTtl1rx4q4vo1_1280.png

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
Huuuge thanks to everyone who's shared so far, especially espritduo!

I've downloaded every single FFVIII file I could get my greedy hands on. ^_^

We have to do something with these.

Last edited:

espritduo

Zetta Member
Hah, thought I gave up, didn't you!? After looking at the mess that was the FFIX location artwork, I really felt like it, but I soldiered on and finished it off. Next, monsters, eidolons, weapons, then airships.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Final_Fantasy_IX_Location_Artwork_Images

That's everything I uploaded for locations, and everything that was already there as well, so it's not just the 25th Anniversary location artwork. All the new stuff that was just unearthed over at the neogaf forums I've also put in there as well, which brings the grand total up to almost 400 pieces of location artwork! It's all organized alphabetically and in one place, so I think linking to the category is easier than sifting through my upload list like I usually do.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, the Guardians artwork as compared to their incarnations from Memoria is quite interesting. Kuja didn't just revive them -- he seriously upgraded them.

Top Bottom