• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF7 Remake Reveal

Pixel

The Pixie King
If they ever reveal a remake is in production, how would you like them to do it?

I think it would be great if, during the press conference, they cut all of the lights. Make everyone think it's a power cut. Power slowly comes back on. Screen comes back on with footage of destruction, and people panicking in the streets. News anchor talking about a huge explosion. Pan up to find the aftermath of the reactor bombing. Cut to an aerial shot from a helicopter flying over Midgar.

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!

Not sure how to end it. Maybe just a fade out

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Mysterious countdown on a website.

Once it reaches 0, it reveals FFVII remake for mobile devices.

Ghost X

A real life ATB battle between FFVII Cosplayers and SE executives (especially the "please be excited" guy). After winning, the cosplayers reveal their true identities: a collection of the best game producers in the world, who then announce they're making the remake/sequel/whatever. [/thingsthatwillneverhappen]

Telcontar

Donator
Dat thread title during E3.

backstreet-boy-quit.gif

backstreet-boys-playing.gif

backstreet-boys-games.gif

backstreet-boys-with.gif

backstreet-boys-my.gif

backstreet-boys-my-heart.gif

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Something like this, but replace 'The Quest For the Holy Grail' with 'Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed' :monster:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
They should completely lose their grip on reality and launch a No. 26 Rocket into space and sent it hurtling towards the moon, cracking its surface and making it resemble Meteor.

Eventually, when the game is released and the advertising is no longer necessary, Tetsuya Nomura will repair the cracks on the moon's surface with an assortment of zips

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
This is kind of scary as I was thinking the same thing last night!

The only thing I know is that just by hearing the first notes of the Opening theme I would go crazy! And I imagined a screen in black with a text reading something like “To those who love this game. This Remake is for you.” :lol:

leftcoastkid

Wanna Be Jedi - 1st Class
They need to come out with it for iOS like the SNES FF's. The PS1 game is only 3GB, which isn't that large for an iOS device these days (and not much larger than games like Infinity Blade 3) and they can always do little things to minimize the file size even if they smooth out the graphics. I just don't see how that wouldn't sell extremely well for them (double negatives anyone?) and it would be a great, easy to access way for people to relive the experience, even on the go!

Alice

The Persistent Flourish
They need to come out with it for iOS like the SNES FF's. The PS1 game is only 3GB, which isn't that large for an iOS device these days (and not much larger than games like Infinity Blade 3) and they can always do little things to minimize the file size even if they smooth out the graphics. I just don't see how that wouldn't sell extremely well for them (double negatives anyone?) and it would be a great, easy to access way for people to relive the experience, even on the go!
I think they said at some point that they wanted to do it, but then later said it wasn't feasible because the game was too big for the smartphones of today. Which is a load of crap. I'd like to see it happen, though, provided it were done well.

leftcoastkid

Wanna Be Jedi - 1st Class
I think they said at some point that they wanted to do it, but then later said it wasn't feasible because the game was too big for the smartphones of today. Which is a load of crap. I'd like to see it happen, though, provided it were done well.

Exactly, load of crap, haha. I saw that too, and I just downloaded an FF VII ISO to play, and it was 3GB, Infinity Blade 3 takes up 2.8 GBs on my iPad, considering they can do little things to shrink the size of a game (such as they did with KotOR, which sold very well for iOS) it seems very doable, not too mention the 3GB file limit is one self imposed by Apple and if they can be convinced they can make a lot of money off of FFVII then they can/will make an exception. I hope.

Novus

Pro Adventurer
A remake would be a different artistic entity to the original game.
I don't need a remake anymore than I needs a colour version of Citizen Kane.

To put it bluntly, FF7 was not conceived for 2014. Every remake that has ever happened has been specifically tailored for the time it was made.
Crisis Core is a good example of how it would have looked in 2007.

What they can do, I guess, is make it less of a piece of software and give it a skip chapter function, or previous chapter, like newer games such as Last of Us have. Perhaps direct recaps, and make it easier to achieve 100% completion.

So to answer the OP, there isn't anyway they could make the remake interesting. Unless they offer something new like a virtual reality tour through the game. Perhaps the first level playthrough as a demo, but I don't think it would look anything like the original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom