FFVII Character Details, Easter Eggs, and General What-the-fuckery

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
In the FMV Cloud falls straight down, uninterrupted, because the bridge is supposed to act as a sort of gate between Sectors -- it spans the gap between the pieces of the pie. Aeris' church grows flowers probably because it is situated underneath this gap and is more likely to receive contact from the sun -- even through all of Midgar's smog.

The only possible explanation I can think of in Crisis Core is that the duct that Zack fell into was kind of a chute (a la Bespin in Empire Strikes Back) and he was blown out diagonally.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
the duct that Zack fell into was kind of a chute... and he was blown out diagonally.

Oh my God. I laughed so damn hard at this. idk why. I think it was the "blown out diagonally". I want to see it.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
In the FMV Cloud falls straight down, uninterrupted, because the bridge is supposed to act as a sort of gate between Sectors -- it spans the gap between the pieces of the pie. Aeris' church grows flowers probably because it is situated underneath this gap and is more likely to receive contact from the sun -- even through all of Midgar's smog.

The only possible explanation I can think of in Crisis Core is that the duct that Zack fell into was kind of a chute (a la Bespin in Empire Strikes Back) and he was blown out diagonally.
When you take that into account, Cloud's fall makes sense. The funny thing about Zack's fall is that he was standing on top of some kind of grate when he fell. The chute idea sounds plausible.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Sorry about the double post.

In the OG, Zack and Cloud scratch messages to each other on the glass of the mako tanks. The problem is, fingernails can not scratch glass. So, how would they be able to scratch glass tanks that are strong enough to keep a SOLDIER 1st Class from breaking out? :huh:

Ite

AKA
Ite
I do not remember this happening at all. I'm pretty sure that's a Compilation fuckup, not the OG

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I do not remember this happening at all. I'm pretty sure that's a Compilation fuckup, not the OG
No, it's in OG. I played that part, it's if you go back to the Shinra mansion after the lifestream event, I think.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The Crisis Core Keywords guide mentions it as well.
Exchange in the Capsules
Zack and Cloud were kept in mako capsules as part of the Sephiroth
Copy experiment. It is not shown in this game, but in “FFVII” it is
shown shown that they communicated by scratching messages into the
glass of the capsules, and planned an escape.
Here's the part from the OG.
Glass Chamber
C project specimen (B) codeC
A scratch left by a fingernail inside the beaker... 'Let's get out of here...'.

Second Chamber
C project specimen (A) codeZ
A scratch left by a fingernail inside the beaker... 'Feeding Time'... that's our chance...!

The problem with referencing video walkthroughs is that they often leave out parts that aren't necessary to completing the game.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Ite

AKA
Ite
Ah yes, it's coming back to me now. LOL, that's really dumb.

I guess we could postulate that Jenova's transformative abilities gave them sharp nails or something, but my thought was that Cloud was basically a zombie from the Nibelheim reactor all the way to meeting Tifa in Midgar. Well, I guess I can't yell that the Compilation sucks while overlooking how dumb the game is too at times. Oh well.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
How hard could have been for Zack to have snuck something in to the tube? He was also wear metal pieces of armor, I'm sure he thought of something. But yes, I know it says fingernail.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
It took them four years to come up with this plan?

Ite

AKA
Ite
I'm gonna blame some environment programmer just piddling around. I really doubt that this is crucial to the story development. I'm going to go ahead and remove this from my memory if you don't mind.

men_in_black_15464.jpg

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It took them four years to come up with this plan?
Given that Hojo is the one experimenting on them, I'd imagine he'd be knowledgeable and creative enough to keep them confined that long. It doesn't look like he's in Shin-Ra manor when they escape.

Another thing I find odd is that both Zack and Cloud are still in their 1st Class and Trooper uniforms after four years of experimentation. I know it's an RPG, but still, four years? That's pushing it.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
They must get fed everyday, right? Then Cloud was conscious enough to write on his tube one minute, and barely alive the next? Or what?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Maybe they made that plan soon after being put in the tubes and then Zack lost consciousness? (I have no freaking idea, but I imagine Cloud didn't become a vegetable immediately)

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maybe they made that plan soon after being put in the tubes and then Zack lost consciousness? (I have no freaking idea, but I imagine Cloud didn't become a vegetable immediately)

Yeah, that would make more sense.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
They must get fed everyday, right? Then Cloud was conscious enough to write on his tube one minute, and barely alive the next? Or what?
Nobody knows how fast mako poisoning develops, so for all we know, yeah, that's how it happened. Also as this is Hojo, I doubt they were fed the normal way.

In reality I'd imagine they'd be naked. But the shippers don't really need any more ammunition.
And I don't want to give them any.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Since mako seems to be absorbed through the skin they could have just put nutrients into the mako tank to be absorbed along with the mako. I mean given Shinra's proficiency in technology and science, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch. Since there was no sign of IVs, that was always my guess, at any rate.

And two people who are basically swimming in magical goop that eventually turns crystalline managing to scratch messages in glass doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.

Xpelair

Pro Adventurer
Small bump
-Some of the details I’ve mention I might have missed facts so pardon me for that.

First up is this. It's a Special Combatant, found mainly around the starting reactor and more specifically found shortly after jumping off the train at Reactor Five. If you ever got trapped in the first carriage of the train, Barret blows a hole and bails out with the team. This is where you end up; right by a station guarded by two Shinra Combatants. You'd see that the combatants look like this. Best picture I could find. It's the guard in the red.

936ke.jpg

Ya they look like a Shinra Guard right? Well... take a look at their battle model.
Grunt.png
They don't really match do they? The battle model doesn't even look human. It has claws on its feet. The guards don't even stand up right like a human would, so what are they? Unless they've been in some incident or don't mind getting their nuts kicked in why would they stand like that? Furthermore they don't even look like the field model as shown above. The figure looks human, however their stance doesn't. Why would they stand like that? To hold the weapons in their hands? Looking more closely at it the guns look grafted into their hands... so what are they...? I know the games old so they wouldn't exactly try to match the battle model as closely, but still, you'd think they would resemble them more wouldn't you? The colours are same, however the model itself isn't.

Anyway swiftly moving on.
Little is told about Cosmyo Canyon's enemy tribe, The Gi Tribe. Where were they based? Why did they bother to attack? We can think logical about some of these questions and more about the tribe itself, but that's not to say it's true. I could say that the tribe was probably located somewhere near Cosmyo Canyon, and they probably attacked because they wanted the land. It's also clear that they based, or made a route through the canyon itself in order to attack Cosmyo Canyon. (May have missed vital stuff idk)

Also this. My avatar. Nanaki's face. He has a missing eye. Battle worn by the looks.

RedXIIILifestream.png

It's unclear how he got it, but obviously from some type of battle, but what exactly? What battle? I'd like to know more.

Last edited:

Xpelair

Pro Adventurer
Theres also a blue version of them (Grunt) but I don't think they have a field model. Unless they used the Shinra Grunt field model. But that wouldn't make sense.

Top Bottom