FFVII: Ever Crisis Announced

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
200.gif

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Anybody knows how they are releasing it? One chapter a time, or multiple chapters? In chronological order, or not? Are they going to release it every month? I also heard it will be 10 chapters for each Compilation game, but I'm not so sure.

So many questions...

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Anybody knows how they are releasing it? One chapter a time, or multiple chapters? In chronological order, or not? Are they going to release it every month? I also heard it will be 10 chapters for each Compilation game, but I'm not so sure.

From quickly browsing through this topic, here's everything we know so far about the chapter structure.

1652265712795.png
-@aitaikimochi

1652265743916.png
-Gematsu

Verena

Pro Adventurer
lol, free to play but with gatcha elements...
but i will definately load it in, to play the free story chapters

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Also, I don't know why I was surprised at the bonus costumes. 'cause like...of course. It's a F2P game. The costumes is how you're gonna spend your money. They're gonna release some Tifa catgirl outfit or some shit and that's how they get me.

Or Cloud in the corset dress from Wall Market :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I've been thinking how clearly they are mostly reusing assets from VIIR in the footage shown so far and then in this new trailer we had a lot of scenes relating to Crisis Core and stuff past Remake (specifically Nibelheim flashback) as well. Which then of course led into the reveal of Crisis Core Reunion and VII Rebirth and looking at the Ever Crisis footage again, yeah the CC portions are obviously using the assets from Reunion.

That makes me even more confident we'll eventually get a Dirge of Cerberus remaster as well and that Ever Crisis will draw HD assets from that version.
That only leaves Before Crisis and Advent Children. I think Before Crisis could largely rely on remake project assets for most of its locations at the very least. I don't feel confident enough for an ambitious BC 3D remake prediction as cool as that would be :P
Advent Children on the other hand...I have no idea how they're gonna do that. Maybe they'll actually have to put in the work and create new assets from scratch for this. But it's also only adapting a 2 hour movie so there isn't a ton of stuff to do comparatively.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
All of the models used in FS were purpose built for mobile, so I'd imagine it's the same case here. They'll likely share assets between them. They are have a similar poly count as FFXIII believe it or not. The texturing is similar but not exactly the same. You can check yourself, there's a DL link to FS assets in the OpenFF7R discord. For comparison:

Cloud FF7R - 114,004 polys
Cloud FS - 11,994 polys

They've done a really good job of making them look the same. I thought they'd made new models with the remake's texturing similar to what they did in Mobius with Sephiroth and Squall, but they look like they were redone.

waw

Pro Adventurer
Can we talk about young Sephiroth?

In the EC trailer, we see the in-fire flashes to what seems like a younge Sephiroth with blood on his cheek. Wearing a Shinra uniform with the Shinra logo on his single-bladed katana.

Then in the First Crisis videos from way back, we see a young white haired, troop-wearing Soldier. The models look very similar to me and I take to the be the same character.

If I recall correctly, EC is giving us story chapters to First Soldier and a story focusing on young Sephiroth. These haven't been confirmed to be the same, but that's heavily my expectation here. I think EC- First Soldier chapters will tell us how Project 0/SOLDIER becomes all about Sephiroth and using Jenova's cells for all future SOLDIERs. But if they keep up the Remake quality in storytelling and characterization, it should really add depth to a pre-Jenova Sephiroth. How humanized will he be by the end?

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Can we talk about young Sephiroth?

In the EC trailer, we see the in-fire flashes to what seems like a younge Sephiroth with blood on his cheek. Wearing a Shinra uniform with the Shinra logo on his single-bladed katana.

Then in the First Crisis videos from way back, we see a young white haired, troop-wearing Soldier. The models look very similar to me and I take to the be the same character.

If I recall correctly, EC is giving us story chapters to First Soldier and a story focusing on young Sephiroth. These haven't been confirmed to be the same, but that's heavily my expectation here. I think EC- First Soldier chapters will tell us how Project 0/SOLDIER becomes all about Sephiroth and using Jenova's cells for all future SOLDIERs. But if they keep up the Remake quality in storytelling and characterization, it should really add depth to a pre-Jenova Sephiroth. How humanized will he be by the end?
It could be an opportunity to add characters depth... if done right, of course.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I'm pretty sure the devs had to come out and explicitly state that the silver haired guy in the First Soldier trailer was not young Sephiroth after the fans went wild. Does seem like they'll be looking at his past in EC based on that reveal though.

Except they did say that the story of named early soldier candidates would be explored in EC, so they could be trolling us with how the first soldier guy is going "predecessor" to Seph. I don't think they're that mean though...

Top Bottom