• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Fanfiction

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Ok, so basicly this thread is here to post up your favourite Compilation or OG related fics. This is not a thread for advertising yourself, though I suppose I can't stop you if you try. Anyway, post links to your favourites, and discuss them.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3782200/1/Green_Dreams

This one is one of my favourites. Its called Green Dreams and is basicly a time travel fic where Cloud gets a chance to go back and fix things. There are a lot of fics like this one, but this is the best IMO. It has a CloudxSephiroth theme to it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
CloudxSephiroth as in...yaoi? :/

I have a few really great ones that could list.

Speaking of going back, here's on that I like called, "Once More, with Feeling." http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4813784/1/

Cloud doesn't just go back in time, he goes back to when he was a kid and lives his whole life over again. I haven't finished it, but it's kind of cute. It can be really uber cheesy at times, so if that's not your thing then watch out. lol

No pairings, either, as far as I can tell, but then I haven't finished it yet.

hellsbells

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I second the Green Dreams rec, it is truly a good fanfic. But as far as the time travel genre goes, my favorite is without a doubt “Eir’s Tomorrow”: fanfiction.net/s/4223348/1/Eirs_Tomorrow

I think this is the best time travel fic in the FF7 fandom, hands down. Despite being based upon the old beaten “Cloud goes back in time to fix what once went wrong” premise, it still stands out. Few fanfics I’ve read are as haunting and creative as this one. The author’s alternate character interpretation is great; I lost count of how many times I re-read the first few chapters just because of her view on Sephiroth’s childhood, and how he interacts with Hojo, Gast, Ifalna and Cloud. The plot is very gripping, with a lot of Nordic elements incorporated to it. As for romance, there are no pairings yet besides the occasional ZackxAerith, though the author has mentioned that the story will turn into SephirothxCloud at some point, and perhaps it will have some mild hints of yuri as well (between Tifa and Elena no less, lol).

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
CloudxSephiroth as in...yaoi? :/

I have a few really great ones that could list.

Speaking of going back, here's on that I like called, "Once More, with Feeling." http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4813784/1/

Cloud doesn't just go back in time, he goes back to when he was a kid and lives his whole life over again. I haven't finished it, but it's kind of cute. It can be really uber cheesy at times, so if that's not your thing then watch out. lol

No pairings, either, as far as I can tell, but then I haven't finished it yet.

I've read that one too! I think its awesome. I might argue CloudxReno, or maybe Clack, as a pairing for it, but only in a vague manner.

And Green Dreams is kind of Yaoi, but not to an extreme.

I second the Green Dreams rec, it is truly a good fanfic. But as far as the time travel genre goes, my favorite is without a doubt “Eir’s Tomorrow”: fanfiction.net/s/4223348/1/Eirs_Tomorrow

I think this is the best time travel fic in the FF7 fandom, hands down. Despite being based upon the old beaten “Cloud goes back in time to fix what once went wrong” premise, it still stands out. Few fanfics I’ve read are as haunting and creative as this one. The author’s alternate character interpretation is great; I lost count of how many times I re-read the first few chapters just because of her view on Sephiroth’s childhood, and how he interacts with Hojo, Gast, Ifalna and Cloud. The plot is very gripping, with a lot of Nordic elements incorporated to it. As for romance, there are no pairings yet besides the occasional ZackxAerith, though the author has mentioned that the story will turn into SephirothxCloud at some point, and perhaps it will have some mild hints of yuri as well (between Tifa and Elena no less, lol).

Haven't read that one. I'll have to check it out.

While we're on the subject of time travel fics, heres one about Zack that I like.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4858524/1/Yesterday_Again

It hasn't been updated in forever, but what is there is good. Thre are tons others to name, but I'll dig them up a bit later.

"Eir's Tomorrow" is wonderfully well-written and the earlier chapters are, as you said, thought-provoking. Her take on the character's internal lives and thoughts is always interesting and believable. However, I do find it hard sometime to follow her changes of scene and work out where we are and what's happening.

I've read Stupid Dream and liked it.

I've said it before: anything by Karanguni. I don't care so much for the yaoi but her writing is amazing. Another wonderful writer is Thorne.

The writers posting on 'Archive of Our Own' are almost uniformly worth reading.

Josh Kitsune

Lord of Foxes
AKA
Josh Strife, Black Kyuubi, White Kyuubi
I forgot to tell you the name and intro.

Legend of the Heavenly Kitsune: The Lifestream Volume - Book 1: A Problem With ShinRa.

Naruto's life is turned upside down as he and Gaara are chosen by Kyuubi and her group to fight people who wish to end their own worlds. The are then thrust into the world of Final Fantasy VII. (I know it's a crappy intro.)

LOTHK: The Lifestream Vol - Book 2: Holy and Meteor

Second book of the volume. Naruto has discovered that Sepherioth is being controlled by Jenova cells in his body. As they continue the journey they discover new friends and strengthen bonds. But the adventure is only just beginning.

LOTHK: The Lifestream Vol - Book 3: Rise of a Legend

As the final act draws near, Naruto and Gaara strugle against Jenova from her conquest on the planet. However there is tension between Aeris and Tifa over who claims Cloud first. The conclusion to the battle for the life of the planet draws near.

Anonymouse

Lv. 1 Adventurer
As long as we're talking about fanfiction...

Here's a timetravel fic that I'd really like to recommend: Sinnatious' "The Fifth Act". It's also posted on FF.net , although not all the chapters have been uploaded yet. Although the writer writes slash, this particular fic is gen. (But there is a Genesis/Cloud sidefic you can find here, set sometime between chapter 18-19) To summarize, post-AC Cloud breaks a Time materia while fighting a Zolom and gets sent back in time, CC-era, just in the middle of the Wutai war. Awesome shit happens.

All I can say is that her writing is fantastic. The characterization of everybody especially Cloud, the inclusion of in-game items like Ribbon, made-up believable logic on some in-game things like why some original game materia can cast more than one kind of spell and the materia in CC can't, all bundled up into a thirty-something chaptered story whose plot has more twists and turns than a neverending road full of hairpin curves. Genesis also gets a huge part in this, whee! And minor characters in CC like Kunsel and Luxiere actually play a not-so-small role in it.

Please please please, just don't take my word for it. If you have enough time, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY read it. This is easily the best ever FFVII genfic I have stumbled across. Ever. I think the only reason why it hasn't found it's way on reclists yet is because it was just finished this year. That is all.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Here's a timetravel fic that I'd really like to recommend: Sinnatious' "The Fifth Act". It's also posted on FF.net , although not all the chapters have been uploaded yet. Although the writer writes slash, this particular fic is gen. (But there is a Genesis/Cloud sidefic you can find here, set sometime between chapter 18-19) To summarize, post-AC Cloud breaks a Time materia while fighting a Zolom and gets sent back in time, CC-era, just in the middle of the Wutai war. Awesome shit happens.

All I can say is that her writing is fantastic. The characterization of everybody especially Cloud, the inclusion of in-game items like Ribbon, made-up believable logic on some in-game things like why some original game materia can cast more than one kind of spell and the materia in CC can't, all bundled up into a thirty-something chaptered story whose plot has more twists and turns than a neverending road full of hairpin curves. Genesis also gets a huge part in this, whee! And minor characters in CC like Kunsel and Luxiere actually play a not-so-small role in it.

Please please please, just don't take my word for it. If you have enough time, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY read it. This is easily the best ever FFVII genfic I have stumbled across. Ever. I think the only reason why it hasn't found it's way on reclists yet is because it was just finished this year. That is all.

You were right, it was good. I literally read it in two days. I can't say that about many fics.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Its kinda bugging me that I can't find any fanfiction where Cloud succeeds in joining SOLDIER. It seems like an obvious story idea to me, but near as I can tell nobody has done it. You guys seen any fics like this?

You need to read Fifth Act, thought it might not be quite what you had in mind. But he does indeed join SOLDIER - is forced into it, in fact.

Splintered

unsavory tart
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2966089/1/

The Nitty Gritty of It All
is a gorgeous short piece centering around Barret's reasoning for advocating Mako. The writing in of itself brings out the character of Barret and Corel, it's just an amazing piece. I can't recc it enough.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2724230/1/

My Disjointed Life is actually pretty popular so I heard, but in case you're like me and totally clueless: it's a comedy college set AU, and although that's usually a recipe for disaster, this one is actually fantastically done. Cloud's life and thoughts as an awkward underachieving loser is hilarious and the author uses the characters in brilliant ways. And despite the humor of it all, at times it's unexpectedly thought provoking.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
"The Nitty Gritty of it All" is probably the best fanfic I've ever read. It's what fanfiction was made for. It expands on the universe, gives us a finer understanding of the characters, the atmosphere, the situation, and it tells a story that is complete and heartwrenching. It doesn't contradict the original work, rather it makes the original work shine more. Just a brilliant piece.

I sec that recc

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I read "The Nitty Gritty of it All". I'm not sure I would call it the best fanfic I've read. It is extremely good, matching the OG and Barret's character to a fault, but I dunno. I suppose what it boils down to is I simply prefer longer stories, with a good mix of action and plot/character developement taking place over time, like the OG itself.

Now just earlier today I found this wonderful gem.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5902152/1/Without_Crisis_Final_Fantasy_VII

Basicly its a "what-if" story, where Sephiroth goes to Modeoheim with Zack, and ends up being the one to face Genesis. It can be kinda depressing at times, and is kind of on the dark side of things. But it is very well written and is definetely worth reading. As I understand it the author is planning to make it into a trilogy that will encompass FFVII, and possibly AC.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Fireplace Chat- once again a one shot. But a fucking hilarious oneshot.

It's kind of stretching the rules because it's a Dissidia fic, although it's mostly centered around Cloud. It's them, sitting around and talking about canon, and plot continuity. If there was ever justification for Dissidia, this would be it.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5217817/1/Coffin

This one is one I really liked. Mind you, it's a bit of a crossover with Hellsing, featuring Alucard, but it strictly deals more with Vincent as a one-shot but it's not a yaoi. It was written incredibly well, so much so I envy the author's grammar skills (mine are alright, but nowhere near this level). Imo, it left a bit of an impression on me after reading and was really intriguing. Hope you guys like it too :D.

~ Raz

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6427095/1/Scapegoat

Here we have Scapegoat. Sort of a horror/mystery blend with great characterisation and some decent action. But best of all is the incredible feeling of suspense this story carries, and it keeps you guessing right to the end. There were points where I thought I had it figured out, and then it threw a curve-ball that took me completely unawares, and it all made sense within the structure of the narrative. If all fanfiction was this good I would never stop reading.

Top Bottom