FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash

Eerie

Fire and Blood
You know, once it was okayed for Steam but still nothing for XBox, it was quite clear that it wouldn't come to XBox? I don't really know why people kept hoping.... for me, as someone who mainly plays on PC, I plan on buying a PS *because* it's the JRPG platform. The competition between platforms has always entailed exclusives, in one or the other platform, PC being the only one to get most of the games (except for Nintendo exclusives). I think I said it here quite a long time ago that I didn't think Remake would ever come to XBox and it looks like I was right. It sucks, but it boils down to the competition between Microsoft and Sony at this point.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
You know, once it was okayed for Steam but still nothing for XBox, it was quite clear that it wouldn't come to XBox? I don't really know why people kept hoping.... for me, as someone who mainly plays on PC, I plan on buying a PS *because* it's the JRPG platform. The competition between platforms has always entailed exclusives, in one or the other platform, PC being the only one to get most of the games (except for Nintendo exclusives). I think I said it here quite a long time ago that I didn't think Remake would ever come to XBox and it looks like I was right. It sucks, but it boils down to the competition between Microsoft and Sony at this point.
I do find it ironic that this came to light in connection with the Microsoft/Activision Blizzard regulatory scrutiny, because Sony raising concerns about the future of the Call of Duty on PlayStation platforms was a factor in instigating that regulatory scrutiny in the first place. That being said, I still think Sony's not wrong to raise CoD concerns due to the popularity of that franchise

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
VII Remake on PS5 just received its first update (1.001.000)

Apparently it changes Tifa's flashback outfit to match how it is in Reunion and Rebirth (black undershirt instead of cleavage :monster: )

20240226_202407.jpg

It also FINALLY fixes the opening cinematics music. You may recall the PS5 music used what was clearly a temp track with generic vocal samples instead of a choir singing the lyrics to OWA and also wasn't in sync with the logo drop.
How they accidentally dropped a temp track in an updated version baffles me until this day :monster:
Anyway, the PS5 version now matches the PS4 and PC releases again, I just confirmed it myself. :flipmonster:

edit: The PS4 and PC versions also received the Tifa update

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
VII Remake on PS5 just received its first update (1.001.000)

Apparently it changes Tifa's flashback outfit to match how it is in Reunion and Rebirth (black undershirt instead of cleavage :monster: )

20240226_202407.jpg

It also FINALLY fixes the opening cinematics music. You may recall the PS5 music used what was clearly a temp track with generic vocal samples instead of a choir singing the lyrics to OWA and also wasn't in sync with the logo drop.
How they accidentally dropped a temp track in an updated version baffles me until this day :monster:
Anyway, the PS5 version now matches the PS4 and PC releases again, I just confirmed it myself. :flipmonster:

edit: The PS4 and PC versions also received the Tifa update
And while I'm in a mad scramble to finish the game on Hard Mode (along with the Manuscripts) to get that elusive Platinum Trophy before my Rebirth copy comes in, no less.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'm really happy and surprised this patch exists. Would've made sense to release it 6 months ago when the Rebirth/Remake Twin Pack became available (and before my own playthrough), but I'll take it. Really curious if there's any other minor changes. I tried Googling for more info, but couldn't find anything because everyone was freaking out about the Tifa change. El oh el.

I like Aerith's old line more too, but I'm assuming it was changed to line up with CCR/Rebirth. People have theorized since Intergrade that there's some connection between Aerith, the rain, and the other world Zack is in. We'll see.

As for the Sector 5 skybox, it's also incorrect in CCR and Rebirth (at least judging from the Sept State of Play trailer), so to fix it now would actually make it inconsistent :monster:

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Hooray! The new Remake patch brought back the crown above the play log when you've completed it. Previously it only appeared on PS4. It even appears in Intermission now.

Top Bottom