• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Yes I know but it’s still a cryptic rather than concrete response. It gives no indication of “various announcements” or “reveals”, much less about April or May because it’s the “lead up to E3,” which is an entirely different date/time/quote/person altogether, and not explicitly connected to the Remake. It could mean there will be a tiny spot of news in December 2019 for all we know because, again, it’s all cryptic rather than concrete.

I should make clear I’m optimistic that we’ll get something this year, even at E3 and maybe even before then/soon. I just won’t allow myself to get giddy and expectant.

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
It'd just be extremely surprising and unlike their previous developments

I wouldn’t say so, this gen they released FFXV in 4 years whilst developing a new engine for the game simultaneously and KH3 took roughly 5 years after losing a year due to an engine change. These are somewhat normal times for game development this gen for games of those sizes. The real issue is announcing these games early in production which Nomura himself (I think it was him) has admitted the company messed up on.

Really? You're sure about that? That's an extremely heavy claim and if they were that far along without spilling it.. That's like an entirely new paradigm for Square Enix right there, lol.

Voice Acting

https://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/...ompleted/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Scenario

https://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/...complete/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Also cutscenes

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-...m-hearts-3-development-update-tetsuya-nomura/

Also the indication that they plan on releasing 1-2 blockbuster games per year. We can take that as calendar year or financial year, either way the Remake can possibly come this year in both scenarios due to KH3 only being delayed slightly into this year so it would be a different calendar year and fiscal year but if they release the Remake next year it would still be the case, back this up with the profits prediction from now to this time next year you’re looking at realistically December 2019 to March 2020 if it all lines up as heavily implied

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-...ee-years/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

To be fair, I wasn't thinking a year and half to two years and half. I was thinking a year. But hey, if it's any sooner, that's even better

If it was a year delay the game would come out December/January the latest as Uematsu let slip that it should’ve released in 2018

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the staff working on the remake. The only feedback they are getting is in utmost secrecy. They aren't allowed to see fans gawk and cheer at the wonderful work they're doing.

Even for the sake of those who just joined the remake staff via the relatively recent recruitment pages I hope that they'll get the chance to see their work appreciated as soon as possible.

Last edited:

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
It is ridiculous and all the trashing they see online can’t help. Does anyone know how the view in Japan is like compared to the UK and US?

I know it’s constantly up there as most anticipated game but from a release/development/news point of view as fans, what’s the overall look been like?

Do they also incessantly bitch like those on GFAQS or Reddit?

Reactions: pxp

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
In a way, they've gotten better at how they drip out official news. And there is a certain level of consistency to the way they do it, so you can almost count on it. They don't usually release news on multiple games in a single day (though, seemingly, the Switch ports have been an exception). It's much more focused.

Right now they're promoting the collaboration event for Final Fantasy XIV, but who knows about tomorrow?

pxp

Pro Adventurer

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Although I'm 100% for this, I do have to be Devil's Advocate and say that the timing could just be for all the people making their way to LA generally (For stuff like E3).

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well even with my skepticism and hesitancy to get too hyped for a release soon, it's pretty clear that the gears are turning towards the FFVII Remake getting the spotlight and focus of marketing.

The development retrospective, this concert, E3, the G-Bike twitter changing to FFVIIR, and yeah...

It looks like it's finally gettin' real. I mean, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Although I'm 100% for this, I do have to be Devil's Advocate and say that the timing could just be for all the people making their way to LA generally (For stuff like E3).

The Dolby Theatre only has 3400 seats. In a city like LA, they could fill that for a Final Fantasy concert on any day of the year. I don't think they'd need E3 to get 3400 people.

Also recall: in the reveal trailer for FF7R, they used the term "Reunion" as a kind of double entendre to describe the fan anticipation for a remake (as well as obviously being a thing within the story of FF7). At least that's how it was generally interpreted. Notice "Reunion" is also in the title of this concert.

pxp

Pro Adventurer

Edit: there’s also this that seems to have just dropped. Note Hashimoto’s talk of remakes in the plural:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-1202640?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

“Regarding differences between a remaster and a remake – in a remake, you rethink the original version all the way from the ground up. It’s actually quite an arduous task, and isn’t something that can be done for multiple games at the same time. I want to approach our future plans, which of course include the Final Fantasy VII Remake, in hopes that the players who love the originals will love the remakes as well.”

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
We know the remake will be in multiple parts. Maybe he meant "remakes" while talking about each parts?

Not to get my hopes up or anything, but maybe he meant by remakes of other Final Fantasy VII titles-Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core since those games didn't get HD Remasters and Before Crisis still hasn't been released outside Japan(and never will be) and not just the original game's remake.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
The only thing that was boring about Dirge of Cerberus was the game-play. Other than that, I loved the story and the graphics wasn't that bad either. The other thing that has been driving me nuts is the Secret Ending and Genesis and Weiss, which I know will never be solved.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Yeah I quite liked the game on the whole but the general audience didn't. It sold terribly. I even remember having to tell fellow RPG-playing friends it had released, because absolutely no-one was talking about it.

My guess is that if they remake anything else, it'll just be just some of the key sections of Crisis Core, which they'll do as DLC for FF7R. That'd be cool!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Still kind of hoping they'll add Genesis and some parts from Before Crisis and I still would've loved a remake for the latter, but neither of those are happening either. Plus most scenes from Crisis Core are remade scenes from the Original game anyway; Nibelhiem burnt to crisp by Sephiroth, Zack and Cloud in the back of the truck, and Zack's death scene.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
What about a port or a Remaster?

Nah, it'll never happen. They wouldn't even do a remaster of Crisis Core when Type-0 HD was done for PS4. The only Final Fantasy VII game that had a port and remaster repeatedly was the Original game and they'll keep doing it while ignoring the rest of the FFVII games. Advent Children got lucky in getting a half-remake by fixing up some scenes and adding newer ones and being 'ported' to Blu-ray exclusively.

Top Bottom