• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Final Fantasy VII remake. They've already invested in the logo art. Why change it at this point?

Which logo art are you referring to? The font they used in the original trailer is different from the one on their website. On the website, it's just the standard Final Fantasy font being used.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Tbh I would play the fuck out of a FF Kart game.

If the game has a subtitle, that would be mighty poor marketing. The idea is to draw in new players, and to make this THE #1 basket to put one’s eggs in. Calling it “Final Fantasy VII: Dawn of Reunion” would alienate every person who missed the game the first time around.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Which logo art are you referring to? The font they used in the original trailer is different from the one on their website. On the website, it's just the standard Final Fantasy font being used.

I think he's referring to the logo with the title Final Fantasy VII Remake in it. They already used it in the trailers, PAK figures, etc.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I think the updated embossed or metal version of the meteor logo is distinct. I imagine that you’ll buy one game called “Final Fantasy VII” with the embossed logo telling you that it’s a remake, or they’ll call it “Final Fantasy VII Remake” either way, no subtitle, not for part 1 anyway.

I imagine Part 2 and beyond will either be digital DLC added to the main game (makes the most sense from a financial perspective and a story-through-line one) or else it will be a simple “Final Fantasy VII: Part 2” or “Final Fantasy VII Remake: Part 2.” Again, I’m hoping for no subtitles although with Part 2 it’s not out of the realm of possibility. “Final Fantasy VII Remake: Reunion” is a likely candidate for a part 2, but this is just layman’s conjecture.

Edit: We’ve mentioned Chapter Cards before, and yeah, digital packs of Chapters 5-10 could essentially replace a “Part 2” in your PSN store or what-have you. These packs could also include patch updates for the base game, to keep graphical fidelity for the game as a whole. Wouldn’t that be neat?

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
They were originally gonna get rid of the “Remake” part, but when they heard the crowd reaction when the word flashed across the screen on the reveal trailer, they decided to keep it - as far as we know up until now.

Lol that cheer was just because people were suspecting some kinda vague spin-off or another CG movie or something, so they were just glad at the clarity that it was a remake.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Lol that cheer was just because people were suspecting some kinda vague spin-off or another CG movie or something, so they were just glad at the clarity that it was a remake.
Well yeah, nevertheless the reaction struck a chord with the Nomura, Kitase et al. so they decided to keep the "Remake" because of it.

Edit: (Dec 2015)

Yoshinori Kitase
”Apart from “Remake” we did also consider putting on a sub-title relating to the story but…”​

Tetsuya Nomura
”When you tag on a sub-title it does give the impression that it’s a compilation (Jap: Gaiden) or sequel [product], and that’s something we wanted to avoid among other things.”​

Yoshinori Kitase
”At the time of today’s Keynote announcement, at the outset of the video, we used footage of the reactions of people who viewed the teaser trailer. They were skeptical at first, but the moment [the words] “REMAKE” appeared, and they felt sure that “this is not a compilation product”, but “FFVII coming home”, they were getting really excited. If there had been a sub-title, that probably wouldn’t have happened. For this reason, even as official title, and for clarity’s sake, we chose to go with the word “Remake”.”​

Source: https://thelifestream.net/lifestrea...fvii-remake-famitsu-and-dengeki-translations/

Last edited:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Cool, I didn't realise they'd actually addressed it. I didn't think they'd go with a sub-title either. Although I'm guessing they'll call it Chapter 1/ Episode 1/Part 1.
Unsuspecting buyers might think they're getting the entire thing if it was just called FF7 Remake.

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
They were originally gonna get rid of the “Remake” part, but when they heard the crowd reaction when the word flashed across the screen on the reveal trailer, they decided to keep it - as far as we know up until now.

What? How is that is that possible?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I mean, it really was a story that the reason Square and other companies were carving their games up into pieces was because publishers were stupidly convinced that Consoles Were Dead (TM) and that the PS4 and Xbone would be flops. Hence the chopped up Hitman game, and RE Revelations game, etc. When it was obvious that they were completely wrong (again. Really it's amazing publishers manage to stay in business at all.), the next Hitman game was a normal release. So maybe they really would have changed their mind about FF7 now?

Luneyes

Rookie Adventurer
This just got posted on 4chan.
It's taken with a phone or camera and really blurry... so I can't analyse it to see if it's fake... :/

I think it's a fake though, because I don't see why they would use the "European" date format to announce that. (Or maybe if this is from an European trailer or something).
July sounds like a bad month to release it too. They usually release their huge games at the end of the year, or beginning if it got delayed.
Also: no description, no title, no comments by the author.
There is no metadata of the jpeg. I can't even know what took the picture. I can only know it was taken today at 12pm.

But meh... I still post it here, just in case. But I don't believe it myself.

Original thread: http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/459993678

Attachments

• release date leak.jpg
    release date leak.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
Top Bottom