• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake Official Trailer (& other footage) Thread

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I....honestly can't even begin to imagine why that's there. In the OG we didn't even know about the existence of Meteor until the Temple of the Ancients.

Something's fucky.

giphy.gif

either this is one of the biggest plot changes of the game, or it's just a crazy "dream" situation that wont amount to much. I, as with many others, prefer the latter. Great visuals tho. That's a wallpaper shot right there.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
God, "Hollow" is sounding lit as fuck. They made a superb song for this game.

And holy fucking shit on a pogo stick.

During that vision of Meteor striking the surface, Sephiroth says mockingly, "未来はお前次第だ."

Which means, "The future is up to you."

That's line is a direct call back to the line Sephiroth says to Cloud in AC when Cloud asks him, "what about this planet?"

And Sephiroth replies, "さあお前次第だ." Or, "Well, that's up to you."

This fucking moment's scene direction here is purposefully invoking a similarity to that dialogue. The environment, his words, the confrontation. And now contextually, it makes Cloud's shocked expression not just one about Sephiroth's flippant response. He's heard these words before, and it's familiar.

And this is Seph flexing, seemingly challenging them all, to do something to stop him from doing that. But I don't think they really know just what that is.

... I know Sephiroth's words too damn well.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
God, "Hollow" is sounding lit as fuck. They made a superb song for this game.

And holy fucking shit on a pogo stick.

During that vision of Meteor striking the surface, Sephiroth says mockingly, "未来はお前次第だ."

Which means, "The future is up to you."

That's line is a direct call back to the line Sephiroth says to Cloud in AC when Cloud asks him, "what about this planet?"

And Sephiroth replies, "さあお前次第だ." Or, "Well, that's up to you."

This fucking moment's scene direction here is purposefully invoking a similarity to that dialogue. The environment, his words, the confrontation. And now contextually, it makes Cloud's shocked expression not just one about Sephiroth's flippant response. He's heard these words before, and it's familiar.

And this is Seph flexing, seemingly challenging them all, to do something to stop him from doing that. But I don't think they really know just what that is.

... I know Sephiroth's words too damn well.
Yup. Just really feels like a Sephiroth mocking you moment, specially with those words and imagery. Great callback to AC too

I may have watched the Advent Children trailers and commercials too many times, but I'm so used to Takahiro Sakurai saying "FAINARU FANTAJI SEBUN, ADUVENTO CHILDUREN" that instead hearing him say "FAINARU FANTAJI SEBUN REMAYKU" really drives it home for me how astonishing it is that we've gotten to this point in FFVII franchise history.

For so many years I pictured the impossible dream of a remake with Advent Children-level of graphics, figuring that it was too much to dream of. Yet now we're here. Everybody has said it a thousand times but I still feel the need to say. I can barely believe this is really happening.

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Well at least a couple questions were answered. One that is indeed sephiroth in shinra building and looks like tifa after he knocks cloud off walkway prepares to fight sephiroth, that you fight jenova in shinra building and that we are gonna see Jessie get all fangirly when Barret yells in victory lol that bounce she does is so cute!! Oh and we get a AC esque battle scene between cloud and Rosche.

From what I saw it looks like him and cloud will do a battle similar to cloud against Yazoo and Loz in that tunnel near end of AC, seriously can this get any better!?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Well, that was an interesting commercial, to say the least. I do see the parallels to AC:C and that is neat. Should be interesting when the full game finally hits. Still no English commercial, though. And only a couple weeks left to go. Maybe there'll be one closer to release, though.

*coughplayableredxiiicough*

Oh yes, definitely that, but also...
*coughJessiecangettheflowertoocough*

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I see a lot of people complaining they're killing all the mistery by showing important elements soon... while that could be true, it needs to be considered this game is also introducing new plot elements, adding new mistery to the story (ex: Watchers of Fate).

It remains to be seen how intriguing these elements will be though...

Elisa Maza

Whomst
In the combat commercial, you can see Barret and Tifa fighting some new enemy by themselves. That's awesome.
I don't remember which trailer it was in, but we can play a pull-up minigame with Tifa, just like we can play the squats one with Cloud. Also, she traveled by... hand? in the same trailer.

It wouldn't surprise me if we take over all Tifa, Barret and Aerith alone at some point in the game.

Top Bottom