SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
So this is way off topic from what everyone else is talking about, but is anyone else going for the platinum?

I have it for the original that was re-released on PS4, and I want this one too. However, I screwed up the “letter from an angel” trophy. You have to do all of the chapter 14 side quests (which I did) and then you find it laying on the ground randomly before you begin your ascent to Shinra HQ. I missed it because I never saw it. So I went back to an old save file which I still needed to do most of the side quests again. I did them all, and because I didn’t realize exactly where the letter was I missed it again!!

Argh, so frustrating. I really wish this game kept more than just one auto save, because as soon as I missed the letter the second time it auto-saved. I’ve lost so many hours on this game from my power going out and now this... Very frustrating.

Scribe

All Materia Peddler
AKA
ScribeTheTaru
Never did I ever think I'd... be in a Final Fantasy game. But here we are as "Whispers" floating around trying to force the hand of developers. I didn't expect the 4th wall to be broken in this game or to be Kojima'd at the end.

I'm in the camp of people who feel like SE hasn't made a comparable FF game since Sakaguchi left. The double digit entries feel hallow and they don't have the life changing human experience that was offered in the single digit entries. This was SE's opportunity to just stick to a blueprint and rediscover what the real magic is and a part of me feels like they blew it. I've been hoping for 20 years for them to take me on a ride like the last time in IX and I've spent so much money hoping this time and this time would be when they finally get it right. But I don't think they can get it right. I don't think they know how to get to the bar set in the single digit era. The game Lost Oddessy and it's short stories prove that the really deep moving content left with Sakaguchi. At least he has an Apple Arcade game coming out soon.

As far as where the story goes from here.... I don't have faith that SE will be able to make what I'm looking for. This game changed me as a person. As a human. It completely changed my personal trajectory and because of that I tried to share it with every single person I knew. To such an extent that I became known as the friend obsessed with Final Fantasy. Like a Star Wars fan or something... But for the few that took the plunge it changed them too. This was SE's chance to do that for an entirely new generation and I just feel like they ruined that because of certain people's annoyance with the fan-base and being pushed by shareholders to remake the game since so many journalists used it as click bait for so long. They knew it would make money. Shareholders do not equate to gamers or fans of the games.

So in my opinion: Nomura and pals said fine if you're going to force us to remake something we already completed in the past instead of funding or supporting our new ideas we're going to do whatever WE want to do. Including force fans to play a game in which they must defeat their own nostalgia (in endgame boss form) to make way for their wallets to be heavily exploited. He gets pulled from FFXIII Versus (almost a decade of his lifes work) only to have it bastardized and then thrown into KH3 only to have that turn out like it did to finally be tossed into this? We just played the work of a bunch of very jaded people who still love their creations. He added heartless under the sector 7 slums... WHAT THE FUCK!?

I do feel like Zack living is something unfair to twist my arm because I wept for his death. And I do feel like Aerith will live and now Tifa will die. And I'm just fucking upset and happy and I feel like I'm a fucking slave to this company that just messes with my childhood. /endrant

Sakaguchi > Nomura forever. ?

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I mean....this is the part where someone needs to enter and say something in the lines of "we dont know if Zack lived", "it's much more probable that Aerith will still die", "Nomura is the director, and the scrip was mainly projected by Nojima" and "there is a ungodly amount of love put into the game as a whole, so I doubt they just used it as a way to get back at expectations". I mean yeah, even if the Whispers came from that notion of expectations from fans and shareholders, that kind of thing makes games. Certain characters die because a developer's mother died and they use those emotions to put into a game. What makes any of those different?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Please excuse my shitty camera quality haha. I'm really curious to know if anyone else had thoughts on this as much as I did. I talked about it in ch 17, but I noticed so much in here. I wonder if this is the plot of the next episode.

Also, If anyone can get the full thing in one shot, with better quality, please post it. If you have to break it up in a couple pics, that's fine. I really want this as a wallpaper

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_004154.jpg
    IMG_20200412_004154.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200412_004138.jpg
    IMG_20200412_004138.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200412_004130.jpg
    IMG_20200412_004130.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200412_004114.jpg
    IMG_20200412_004114.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200412_004058.jpg
    IMG_20200412_004058.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17

Scribe

All Materia Peddler
AKA
ScribeTheTaru
Please excuse my shitty camera quality haha. I'm really curious to know if anyone else had thoughts on this as much as I did. I talked about it in ch 17, but I noticed so much in here. I wonder if this is the plot of the next episode.

Also, If anyone can get the full thing in one shot, with better quality, please post it. If you have to break it up in a couple pics, that's fine. I really want this as a wallpaper

My kids and I spent a good amount of time finding summons, locations, and other elements from the OG. It was a beautiful mural. Can’t you just use the share button to screen grab?

Scribe

All Materia Peddler
AKA
ScribeTheTaru
By tapping the Share button on the PS4 controller you can take a screen grab/screen shot.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...So apparently I beat Bahamut the hard way, by using Cloud, Tifa and Barret at level 47. I just beat the shit out of it and made sure someone survived Mega Flare via Second Chance with Superstar Belt. It didn't live to cast a second one.

My question is, how and where would I have been able to use a team of Cloud, Aerith and either Tifa or Barret? Because no where in the game are you allowed to switch party members. And the only time a 3 person team with Aerith exists is the Shinra Building. But she's locked up there and you only use her with everyone else, in the Drum, right?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
In the remake, Sephiroth also uses watashi in the begining of Chapter 8.

@1:14

I also found it weird that he used Ore in the ending.

Unless, however unlikely, that was a flashback without we knowing it?

Or what Odysseus said :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That is the scene where he's trying to get Cloud to join him in defying fate, maybe he's trying to come off as the person Cloud used to look up?

On this point though...why was Sephiroth asking Cloud to do this when he literally just did that? It struck me as kind of XIII-y. "We, the bad guys, want you to do this thing." "Never! You don't control what we do! To prove it, we're going to do that thing exactly!"

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
I've come to the conclusion that for me, as long as they don't put the "parallel timelines" card, I'll be fine with whatever they decide to change.

Different timelines in a game like FFVII would be disastrous IMO. It would take all the weight that some scenes have, as well as the consequences of such events for the story, so my only fear right now is that they decided to give the player full control of how the history would end ( not the ending itself, but like...... having routes in the game that lead to characters like Zack or Aerith surviving and then have other routes where they don't... and so on).

On the other hand, I fully understand some people's discontent with these (and future) changes, if you make too many changes... it just won't be the same story you cherished for so long :/

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Yeah, thats about my line of thinking too. The thing is, all of that holds for the future parts. You cant take away from this game something that only the next installments will have. As of this game, it's all a big mystery, so the best we can do is criticise how that mystery structured, not the unknown changes that this game merely hints at being possible. That's something only the future parts are liable to.

Top Bottom