SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, thats about my line of thinking too. The thing is, all of that holds for the future parts. You cant take away from this game something that only the next installments will have. As of this game, it's all a big mystery, so the best we can do is criticise how that mystery structured, not the unknown changes that this game merely hints at being possible. That's something only the future parts are liable to.
yeah, I agree! At the end of the day... that ending was very ambiguous, and it could be easily a set up to keep the discussions up till the next game comes out... who knows?!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
One thing I've noticed that seems to be lost to people in reference to Chadley are two very important things.

The first point is that he's an android with artificial A.I. created by Professor Hojo. That's the reason for his heavily formal, robotic, and scientifically focused manner of speech.

The second point however, is a subtlety no one has really put a connection to.

Chadley is an android Hojo created for himself. Hojo specifically created a scientific assistant android in the shape of a young pre-adolescent boy with silver hair, green eyes, and a genius intellect.

Why do you think that is? Who do you think inspired the appearance of that android, and why?

Not many people live in the world of FFVII carry those features.

Scribe

All Materia Peddler
AKA
ScribeTheTaru
Has anyone made the Yuffie = Kyrie connection yet?

Reasons for Yuffie being in Midgar early:
  1. It's discussed in the chapter 4 that Wutai has agreed to provide Avalange military support in exchange for all the materia.
  2. She's a theif
  3. The character has STRONG Yuffie vibes going on
  4. Yuffie was undercover as a reporter in OG and Kyrie has a scene where she is reporting information
  5. Yuffie was on that continent in the OG during the Midgar portion of the game
  6. Never mind, I found this article while writing this and guess the character is present in the novel The Kids Are Alright // https://www.thegamer.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-kyrie-canaan-explained/
For a minute there...

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I can’t believe how melodramatically upset I am by the fact I missed the Mythril Rod in Chapter 11 (and have to wait for Chapter select to unlock to get it) I nearly never miss an opportunity to back track. It’s even worse since the Mythril Rod is arguably her one of her top two weapons in the Remake.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I can’t believe how melodramatically upset I am by the fact I missed the Mythril Rod in Chapter 11 (and have to wait for Chapter select to unlock to get it) I nearly never miss an opportunity to back track. It’s even worse since the Mythril Rod is arguably her one of her top two weapons in the Remake.
Shit, I missed the chocobo & moogle summon lol

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Oh wait, it’s purchasable at the Sector 5 Slums Weapon shop. That’s nice. Still a little sad about missing an unexplored area of the Chapter 11 map though.

I just want to say that I'm enjoying this game so much more on a second playthrough. I know what to expect, so I'm enjoying what it has to offer, instead of constantly dwelling on what has been left out.

I'll never understand why they had to get rid of Train Man, though. Shinra Middle Manager has got a whole extended life now. He's married with a child, yet he frequents Wall Market (I wonder if his wife knows).

I'm kind of puzzled as to how Jessie's dad, a reactor technician, gets to live in a nice house on the Plate, whereas a suit like Shinra Middle Manager lives in the slums. I wonder what department he works in. I'm guessing marketing. Or fleet management. Looking forward to seeing him in Junon.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I don’t think the Shinra Middle Manager lives the Slums. If you listen to all his dialogue it indicates he and his family ended up getting stuck in the Slums because of the trains shutting down after the Reactor 1 explosion.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
No, he was only in that one chapter. I was so sure too that he'd reappear in the escape to mix things up. I guess we'll see him again in the next installments. Maybe he's into snowboarding too?

Yeah it seemed like such an obvious scenario to have him there. That's why I was so shocked. I was expecting a final battle and some proper development for him.

We really going to have him chase us down in Part 2?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Anyone else notice in that mural that Aerith painted meteor coming down and her yellow flower in the centre of the planet?
Yes! I brought it up in the ch 17 spoiler! That mural is one of my favorite things in the game! There is so much potential lore or foreshadowing in it. The summons, the ancient temple, meteor, the flower, her and her mom, the Cetra

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Where the hell was Roche? I expected him back for the motorcycle escape. Did I miss something?!
Roche was the villain of the week for the sake of Jessie's subplot having an antagonist I guess. I was surprised he wasn't in the final bike chase too, though having him on top of Motorball might have been a bit much. If Jessie actually is alive, I wouldn't be surprised if Roche became her and Cloud's recurring adversary in the future.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Chadley is an android Hojo created for himself. Hojo specifically created a scientific assistant android in the shape of a young pre-adolescent boy with silver hair, green eyes, and a genius intellect.

His hair is regular blonde and his eyes are blue. :P

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Ok so about that Chapter 14 Aerith scene, do we have a good theory/understanding of it already? Is that the Aerith that's trapped inside Shinra HQ or is it something else? And the reason why she tells Cloud "not fall in love with me", and more specifically, it "isnt real", is it because she knows something about Zack's relation to Cloud or her fate with the Planet?

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Roche was the villain of the week for the sake of Jessie's subplot having an antagonist I guess. I was surprised he wasn't in the final bike chase too, though having him on top of Motorball might have been a bit much. If Jessie actually is alive, I wouldn't be surprised if Roche became her and Cloud's recurring adversary in the future.
Roche should have been the final boss, and that still wouldnt be as trolling as the actual ending...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
His hair is regular blonde and his eyes are blue. :P

His hair is definitely more platinum than Cloud's. You can really see it in shots where they're both in frame.

Ok so about that Chapter 14 Aerith scene, do we have a good theory/understanding of it already? Is that the Aerith that's trapped inside Shinra HQ or is it something else? And the reason why she tells Cloud "not fall in love with me", and more specifically, it "isnt real", is it because she knows something about Zack's relation to Cloud or her fate with the Planet?
That's the one million gil question. :monster:

Top Bottom