• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake TV commercial

Heason

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
alex
there's another video up with better subs than the initial one, but a youtube commenter (hickorydickoryhk) translation seems to catch the nuances and it makes the most sense in context. I know the first person meant well, but alot of people impressions were based on these wrong interpretations which make it more cheeesy in few parts IMO(I still got choked up) and less meaningful. Id love to see a version with their translation so a version conveying the original meaning could be in circulation. Not sure how to attach it heres and its very long so, but you can find it in the comment section of A night skies princes reaction video to the commercial. Worth a read.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Is it just me or does the crazy guy look like a young Uematsu? :monster:

So I'm not much of a crier, so I was surprised to find some water in my eyes. The part where the woman briefs on her strained relationship with her game/FFVII-buddy older brother and her dead father was a lil close for comfort.

I hope they truly realize how high they're setting the expectations with all this sentimental stuff. :P

Don Corneo's Dungeon

Pro Adventurer
Is it just me or does the crazy guy look like a young Uematsu? :monster:

So I'm not much of a crier, so I was surprised to find some water in my eyes. The part where the woman briefs on her strained relationship with her game/FFVII-buddy older brother and her dead father was a lil close for comfort.

I hope they truly realize how high they're setting the expectations with all this sentimental stuff. :P

They really cannot afford to stuff this up. If it bombs, SE goes down with it.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Goes down with it? If it bombs, millions of FF7 fans will storm their offices and haul them into the streets... :mon:

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Interesting to note that the “spoiler” crazy guy keeps interrupting is Sephiroth’s name.

That’s freakin awesome.
At the risk of being "duh" guy, the implication is that he's spazzing about the discussion of Aerith's death at his hands...and then I LOVED the bit later with his continued frustration in flashing back to when people still insisted there was a way to bring her back (remember that??). That was a 'deep cut', as they say in music. Whoever decided to write that in is a badass

Don Corneo's Dungeon

Pro Adventurer
At the risk of being "duh" guy, the implication is that he's spazzing about the discussion of Aerith's death at his hands...and then I LOVED the bit later with his continued frustration in flashing back to when people still insisted there was a way to bring her back (remember that??). That was a 'deep cut', as they say in music. Whoever decided to write that in is a badass
"Spazzing" is a bit non PC is it not :lol:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
"Spazzing" is a bit non PC is it not :lol:

Since you mention it, yeah, spaz is a term meant to humiliate the mentally ill. I believe in the efficacy of words!

For sure that scene alludes to the Disk 1 finale spoiler, I just thought it was cool that he keeps interrupting her during Seph’s name. Noobie boy is like “I know Aeris! I saw her in the commercial” but Sephiroth is still shrouded in mystery to him, like the “classified” file folder in the PS1 booklet. More than just plot spoilers, the commercial is pointing out just how in the dark new folks are, right down to the character’s names.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Somehow, I had no idea this commercial existed until today.

WOW. That was longer than some netflix episodes. And that dude in the bar
giphy.gif

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Ok, now that I've seen the entire commercial translated, I get it a little better.

This is gonna be something. With the glut of releases in the past 22 years, and us being spoiled by choices left and right, it's rare for a game to come out that is truly a historical event in gaming this way. Gamers tend to be insulated against these kinds of milestones somewhat, in that it's not usually a very sentimental world we go up and down and to and fro in, here in the online gaming communities.

In fact, I have found a lot of 'cynicism is the only real truth, and silly rabbit, idealism is for kids' type thinking in my years as an Internetizen. But with this, it feels like there isn't a way someone could be cynical about it 'with a straight face' as it were.

Last one into the Northern Crater's a rotten egg ;)

Top Bottom