FFVII: The Earth's Cries? (for real this time)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, after last night's dialogue, I figured you were the cause of this.

I still say the 'hard to get the rights' tipped it off as immediately fake.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
The thing is I didn't actually write that in the interview :P

What I wrote was they had trouble with Sony but not couldn't get the rights... it's different I guess.
There's also a shit load of stuff in there that gave it way. It was a joke, it was supposed to be ... well a joke. Hence "April Fools Joke"

I don't know why everyone got so worked up about it.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
The thing is I didn't actually write that in the interview :P

What I wrote was they had trouble with Sony but not couldn't get the rights... it's different I guess.
There's also a shit load of stuff in there that gave it way. It was a joke, it was supposed to be ... well a joke. Hence "April Fools Joke"

I don't know why everyone got so worked up about it.

Your OP said:
-It was hard to get the rights to do this and that's one reason they
didn't announce it sooner

Does not imply that 'they had trouble with sony,' Quex.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
That's nice.

The actual line from the interview is:
Nomura: The main issue we had in the beginning was getting the rights to publish the remake on the DS because it was originally a Playstation title and Sony didn't want to give that up right away. We eventually worked that out.

some time ago someone I read an article or a post or something saying that the reason FFVII got a port to the PSP and the Nintendo titles were remade was because FFIII FFIV were Nintendo titles and FFVII was a Playstation title. It made sense at the time.... yeah they own FFVII but I dunno how this stuff works...

For example I know for a fact that Sega doesn't own the rights to everything Sonic (at least I've been told this before), if you can believe that. I assumed it to be something similar here.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
That's nice.

The actual line from the interview is:

some time ago someone I read an article or a post or something saying that the reason FFVII got a port to the PSP and the Nintendo titles were remade was because FFIII FFIV were Nintendo titles and FFVII was a Playstation title. It made sense at the time.... yeah they own FFVII but I dunno how this stuff works...

For example I know for a fact that Sega doesn't own the rights to everything Sonic (at least I've been told this before), if you can believe that. I assumed it to be something similar here.

Again, that SCREAMS fake to me.
Sony and Nintendo AT NO POINT held ANY rights to the actual IPs. Not here or in Japan.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I understand that now, I'm explaining my line of thinking... and the fact that there was tons of other fake stuff in there...

I mean... "The Earth's Cries"

The planet isn't even called Earth :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Here's my explanation

I've been reading it as Neon for forever, sorry :(

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I had a video announcing it was fake... i put it to the tune of the Goof Troop theme song, I thought it was fitting. I didn't upload it though. Just didn't seem right.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
If the date wasn't enough of a clue that this was fake, the name of the game sealed the deal.

"Gaia's Cries" or "The Planet's Cries" would be more believable.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
If the date wasn't enough of a clue that this was fake, the name of the game sealed the deal.
Hi I'm going to come into a thread and say a bunch of obvious stuff already talked about.

FYI I didn't come up with the name, and I've been told by a few people that the planet can be called Earth and all that stuff. :monster:

Last edited:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
whambulance.jpg

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
not following

FYI I didn't come up with the name
wait WTF?... yeah I came up with it but I didn't like it. A couple people did though... so yeah.. :shifty:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Hi I'm going to come into a thread and say a bunch of obvious stuff already talked about.

FYI I didn't come up with the name, and I've been told by a few people that the planet can be called Earth and all that stuff. :monster:

Woah, sensitive much? I'm not accusing you of anything. Calm down.

And if what I said was so obvious, no one would have believed it was fake. But we know they did:

FYI I did manage to fool a number of people with it on another forum :monster:

Kelranox

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Zatch, Zach
...You're kidding me? The remake is ACTUALLY going to be on handheld? Why? No...No!

Kelranox

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Zatch, Zach
...You're kidding me? The remake is ACTUALLY going to be on handheld? Why? No...No!

Lawl.

If any FF game is going to be made on handheld, I vote for Tetra Master~ I'd also push for a console Blitzball game but eh.

Mogster

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Pro-tip:

When you make an April Fool's prank, try to make it at least a little bit believable.

Top Bottom