(FFVIII)This shit blew my mind...

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
It gets alot of shit for not having the materia system but its still an entertaining game.
If it didnt come after FF7 i bet it wouldnt be compared as much to.

I wish it came out to psn already >.<

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
The majority of FF doesn't have a materia system. In fact, only FFVII really did. Even Magicite, the closest thing to it, isn't really that close at all.

As for whether or not VIII is good, that's the interesting thing: Pretty much everyone either says it's great/the greatest or it's crap/the worst. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'm considering it, but I don't know when I'll ever get around to it. Or if I'll even be able to find VIII &/or IX. I'm having enough trouble finding the earlier games, which were only recently ported.

It's not that hard to find if you have a PS3, if not, yeah you could have some problems unless you're willing to emulate.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
The majority of FF doesn't have a materia system. In fact, only FFVII really did. Even Magicite, the closest thing to it, isn't really that close at all.

As for whether or not VIII is good, that's the interesting thing: Pretty much everyone either says it's great/the greatest or it's crap/the worst. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Consider me the middle ground. FFVIII was ok.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Bull I enjoyed FFVIII all flaws included. Playing the game was fun even if Squall was a doody.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
^^Likewise, I actually liked Squall.

I felt sorry for him as well, cause he put up this front, but was just very lonely lol

poor Squall

Also, I would be in the minority that really really enjoyed this game, also I liked the dynamic of the junction system. I found it fun lol

/easily amused

xD

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
THIS JUST IN, just because a game has a wonky story at times doesn't make it any less fun to play!

More at 11.

Top Bottom