• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
They can have that mechanism in, iuno, dating games? Don't even know what those are called.
But basically you can go over conversation repetitively with a character and maybe gift him/her to get as many points as you want. And you can do that to everyone in the party and the Turks and such. Probably not President Shinra or Sephiroth:desucait:

But then FF7R will be a different game. :mon:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Good breakdown of trailer in chronological order. I didn’t even realize that Tifa and Cloud at the beginning of the trailer were coming out of a door. Guess Cloud’s staying in a room/shack a block or two away from 7th Heaven.

vyzzuvazzadth explains his chronological break down in the video description for those curious.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
They can have that mechanism in, iuno, dating games? Don't even know what those are called.
But basically you can go over conversation repetitively with a character and maybe gift him/her to get as many points as you want. And you can do that to everyone in the party and the Turks and such. Probably not President Shinra or Sephiroth:desucait:

But then FF7R will be a different game. :mon:

I know what you're talking about. I like to play otome games sometimes. :D Gifting characters things you can buy at local stores would be cute.

President Shinra already has everything he can possibly own and Sephiroth would keep trying to give Cloud pears. :PI would gift Sephiroth all the pears back as revenge. Exchange the Black Materia for a pear. lol

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves here, for one major reason:

Jessie gonna die.

It's hard to build a relationship with a corpse. Trust me, I've tried.

That doesn't stop people from pushing Clerith, now does it? Nor does it stop people from liking her. By your logic, SE shouldn't even bother with developing Aerith or her interactions with Cloud at all. You forget that likely the bulk of Part 1 takes place before the plate falls. That's a lot of time to have at least some development before that moment, considering it's going to be a full-length game. Aerith died midway through the OG, but she was still the canon date at the Gold Saucer and part of a love triangle in spite of not living to see the end of the game. LA, what do you mean by preferences? And why is vulnerability wrong? Is it wrong to show that at times?

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I know what you're talking about. I like to play otome games sometimes. :D Gifting characters things you can buy at local stores would be cute.

President Shinra already has everything he can possibly own and Sephiroth would keep trying to give Cloud pears. :PI would gift Sephiroth all the pears back as revenge. Exchange the Black Materia for a pear. lol
Pretty sure gifting Sephiroth shampoo will win his heart. According to those fan club emails

What if...
we get to play as Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie and get to choose to date anyone.
We can play as Yuffie and take Vincent to gold saucer. Or Reno. Or Rude
Or ship some Tifa/Aerith

OMG. A girl can dream
:desucait::desucait::desucait::desucait:
This is unlikely to happen though
I'm dreaming....

Also, I was just thinking.... going by that trailer, it looks as if we may actually get some kind of private conversation between Tseng and Aerith.

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I'm dreaming....

Also, I was just thinking.... going by that trailer, it looks as if we may actually get some kind of private conversation between Tseng and Aerith.

Ohhhh I knoooooowww.

Tseng and Aerith just have such an interesting relationship. Or Tseng to Aerith.
Reading OTWTAS case of Shinra just makes me want to squeakkkkkk
I wish Aerith can take Tseng to a date:@:@:@

Jairus

I know you're joking :monster:, but I'm serious when I say I'd love that. I'd also welcome a chance to play as Tifa more often during the course of the game.

Oh , you mean about SE not developing Aerith at all? And I agree, playing as Tifa would be fun. Hopefully you can switch characters on the fly in the field as well as in battle, much like in FFXII.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
Square Enix should make an otome game already. If SNK is making a "King of Fighters for Girls" game, then SE should do the same. They already have more than enough attractive characters to pick from. I'm still slightly bitter that Idol Fantasy wasn't about Final Fantasy characters in an AU.

I'm going off topic. ^^U I agree with everyone that it would be fun to play as other characters outside of battle. It would be a lot of fun to play as Tifa and Aerith.

No, I meant about being able to date the Turks!

Of course SE should develop Jessie and Aerith, and Biggs and Wedge, to the fullest, and President Shinra while they're at it, so we can grieve the death of all these characters except the Prez, in whose death we rejoice.

Maybe the difference is that I have no romantic attachment to Aerith or Tifa or Jessie. I project myself into those characters. Making Jessie dateable for Cloud would therefore make no difference to how I feel about her death. Obviously YMMV.

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
Sorry if this has been touched on before, but what does everyone think about finding these Mako crystals that restore some MP? I like the incentive to interact with the environment, but I'm worried it might make things too easy if you find them everywhere.

I also thought I saw some demo footage where both Cloud and Barret's MP ticked up by 1 just from walking around but I can't find it so maybe not. I would like that even less.

Could have sworn I heard someone saying that only ethers and resting at Inns would gain MP. Maybe it's just for the demo? Or because you are in a mako reactor?

All in all, I'd rather find Gil or items while breaking stuff. But I guess if you are fighting more frequently than in the OG, the Mako crystals make sense.

Ariga

Sephiroth's Best Friend
I don't think the mako crystals restore too much mp, and since you have to wait for your atb to fill up to use magic (as well as using mp), I don't think that getting a little bit of mp now and again from boxes is going to make things too easy. But then again, I love using magic all the time in video games, so the more free mp I get, the happier I am, lol.

And yes, I'm sure square said that you could only get mp from ethers (and resting at inns).

Jairus

No, I meant about being able to date the Turks!

Of course SE should develop Jessie and Aerith, and Biggs and Wedge, to the fullest, and President Shinra while they're at it, so we can grieve the death of all these characters except the Prez, in whose death we rejoice.

Maybe the difference is that I have no romantic attachment to Aerith or Tifa or Jessie. I project myself into those characters. Making Jessie dateable for Cloud would therefore make no difference to how I feel about her death. Obviously YMMV.

And for us guys, we tend to project ourselves into the guy characters - Cloud, etc. - in much the same way you do with the girls. So for us - some of us, at least - it would make a difference. Much like how I'm sure guys and girls probably see Aerith's death in the OG differently.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I hope the Barret date is treated more seriously this time around. While a funny scene in the original, I think it could have been a good time for Barret to have reflected on haw his relationship with Cloud has changed, going from not trusting him at all to viewing him as an extremely close comerade. Also let them be gay.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Question: who are you guys' first date?
I'm pretty sure my first date was Aeris/th because:
1- It was my first time playing, so I had no idea to expect it. I don't think I even knew there were options until like a year later.
2- It was my first JRPG ever. So, entirely different universe for me.
3- She is the most likely one to get if you're not intentionally going for another.

I hope the Barret date is treated more seriously this time around. While a funny scene in the original, I think it could have been a good time for Barret to have reflected on haw his relationship with Cloud has changed, going from not trusting him at all to viewing him as an extremely close comerade. Also let them be gay.
I don't. It doesn't fit with his gruff, aggressive, and in-your-face attitude. There are a few times Barret shows true emotional vulnerability in the OG, and it's typically when he's talking about Marlene. Outside of that, he's always ready to crack skulls. He's a man that dedicated his life to a radical cause, and will do whatever it takes to see that goal to fruition. Which is why his uncomfortable fidgeting in the gondola ride was perfect, in my eyes. He just wants to get on with the mission.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I don't. It doesn't fit with his gruff, aggressive, and in-your-face attitude. There are a few times Barret shows true emotional vulnerability in the OG, and it's typically when he's talking about Marlene. Outside of that, he's always ready to crack skulls. He's a man that dedicated his life to a radical cause, and will do whatever it takes to see that goal to fruition. Which is why his uncomfortable fidgeting in the gondola ride was perfect, in my eyes. He just wants to get on with the mission.
Yeah that's a good point. Barret really the type to get sentimental, is he? Eh, I guess I just wish the whole thing wasn't played ENTIRELY as a joke in the OG, considering how plot crucial the Aerith and Tifa dates are (then, Yuffie also got the shaft in that regard.) At the very least I hope Cloud and Barret would get more to do, considering in the OG they don't even get to do the play.

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah that's a good point. Barret really the type to get sentimental, is he? Eh, I guess I just wish the whole thing wasn't played ENTIRELY as a joke in the OG, considering how plot crucial the Aerith and Tifa dates are (then, Yuffie also got the shaft in that regard.) At the very least I hope Cloud and Barret would get more to do, considering in the OG they don't even get to do the play.

I don't think their date is entirely a joke in the OG. It seems funny at first but when Barret starts to talk about Marlene in the Gondola and gets mad...thats so him! Even the fact that he is troubled and wants a walk is so...Barret!
But I wish they can be a part of the play though:mon: Barret is the legendary knight and Cloud is the princess:desucait:

Top Bottom