FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As is frequently brought up, remember an OG trailer in 1997 showed Aerith's death :monster:

But I agree, I think Square did the best they could with the information they had. They could have delayed the release indefinitely like Last of Us 2. Just avoid social media if you're concerned about being spoiled. It's five and a half days.

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
SE did what they thought was best. It was an unpredictable situation. I believe they genuinely thought shipping copies out early was the only way to ensure they'll arrive on time.
Then they should’ve shipped them out at the same time, to EVERY country. People are sick in EVERY country, not just some. Shipping is being impacted in EVERY country.

Italy and Australia, among others, will have had the game for two weeks before other people, and the ending to the game has already been posted all over the internet. Even if you’re not looking for it it’ll stream into your news feed from different sites just based on views. With today’s globally connected world things like this can’t happen.

If there’s a bright spot with any of this - Tifa and Aeris both look and sound perfect in the most recent trailer. Their voice acting is spot on.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I am definitely happy we avoided what happened to Last of Us 2, though to be fair that game is technically still in development. It's a little hard to stay off line when you're stuck at home all day. It's easy enough to not watch a trailer, though.

I'm being too hard on Square, I know. Despite the initial delay being justified for the sake of giving the team more time to get things just right, I know they must be kicking themselves over how much smoother that March 3rd release would have been compared to this chaos. I think given the situation, their choices in how they handled this were poor, but hindsight is 2020 I guess. Not that another global pandemic is going to roll around in time for part 2, but I think lessons have definitely been learned here.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
You act like I wouldn't be on my 100th play through of the remake right now if it had come out last month.

You're right though, I really should do something else. Tried to distract myself with Animal Crossing but that series is a lot more repetitive than I remembered so I just kinda got bored. Wish my PSP still worked, I'd probably run through Crisis Core again right now.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Then they should’ve shipped them out at the same time, to EVERY country. People are sick in EVERY country, not just some. Shipping is being impacted in EVERY country.

Italy and Australia, among others, will have had the game for two weeks before other people, and the ending to the game has already been posted all over the internet. Even if you’re not looking for it it’ll stream into your news feed from different sites just based on views. With today’s globally connected world things like this can’t happen.

If there’s a bright spot with any of this - Tifa and Aeris both look and sound perfect in the most recent trailer. Their voice acting is spot on.

And in shipping them all out at once that could have happened anyway. SE shipped to countries that they thought would be hardest to get to. Obviously logistically they had more confidence in North America rolling out more smoothly.

They did what they did because they thought it was best for the fans. Given the state of the world it's in poor taste to complain about this.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And in shipping them all out at once that could have happened anyway. SE shipped to countries that they thought would be hardest to get to. Obviously logistically they had more confidence in North America rolling out more smoothly.

They did what they did because they thought it was best for the fans. Given the state of the world it's in poor taste to complain about this.

And they were right. Most people in North America, by all accounts, are gonna get it right around the 10th.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I dont see how Square is the big bad of all this. Spoilery trailers have been part of gaming, specially Japanese, companies for a while now. It's a different social perception about it. Also, the unprecedented scale of this crisis, the biggest of all time btw, made everything hard for every company. They could have just as well released it after the initial date, and even then you couldnt blame them.

People are spoiling things. "Square should have known better". That people are assholes? They took down hundreds of videos, plenty of streams. Imagine how the development team is right now. In shambles.
Which is exactly why I stick to watching one, maaaybbeee two trailers. If I watch any after that, I only have myself to blame.

Having 4 and 5 trailers for one game is the fault of us the consumers. We always want to see more and more.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

If they hadn't shipped any out early, more people wouldn't have gotten their physical copy by the 10th though. No matter what, digital copies will be received on time.

Am I sad, that I don't get to play early or even on time? Yes, but I appreciate the fact that SE tried to get some of the physical copies out.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay, fine, I know what Rufus looks like now. Jesus Christ. Can't leave any character design unspoiled.

I'm actually amazed they kept his stupid double coat thing, though with more belts than ever of course. He really does look like a little baby inside all those cloths lol.

It seems like the only characters getting the bust shots are the most main of main characters. The main party, Sephiroth, and now Rufus. Unless I'm forgetting any?

Last edited:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Reno and Rude. But they could've easily done them for everyone. That's what I'm saying.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

MY BOY

giphy.gif

I NEED THIS GAME ASAP

Top Bottom