• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Except that she already gets a lot of attention and doesn't need extra repetition. So because of that, more should be given to those who don't get as much, to let them share in the spotlight for once and not let characters like her hog it all to themselves.

You just defined what it is to be a main character in a nutshell, dude. Not sure what else to tell you.

There's literally going to be a whole game focusing on one chunk of a very large story, so minor characters whose roles have already been beefed up are sure to get plenty of screen time. Promotional material won't mean much in the long run.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
You just defined what it is to be a main character in a nutshell, dude. Not sure what else to tell you.

There's literally going to be a whole game focusing on one chunk of a very large story, so minor characters whose roles have already been beefed up are sure to get plenty of screen time. Promotional material won't mean much in the long run.

No, but promo stuff can be used to give extra attention outside the game to characters other than mains and do something different for a change. And some characters who used to be minor aren't so minor anymore. Some people still seem to be forgetting that, but promo stuff centered on such characters would be a good way to visibly remind those people that said characters are a good deal more present and developed than they used to be. Would it really kill the game to do videos like these for some significant secondary characters as well as the mains?

Jairus

Le sigh... we've seen this stuff about Aerith and Tifa already. Move on, SE.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I am really curious how things play out vis-a-vis Aerith's past, since we had some hints of that teased in the most recent Remake Interview BTS Episode thing. Only 9 days to go!

X:neo:
I always found the strange aversion VII's additional material had for Gast pretty baffling. He's the father of the second most popular main character, played a huge role in setting up the main antagonist, and was absolutely ripe for expansion. But no, Dirge completely ignors him when showing the Jenova Project, and he only gets a mention in Crisis Core. WTF, Square?

And I think you mean negative 1 days left...

Last edited:

Jairus

When what I've said is addressed, Force. I'm not trying to dampen anyone's fun but rather give another perspective on things. Why don't people want other characters getting more promotional attention instead of being mostly bypassed?

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
When what I've said is addressed, Force. I'm not trying to dampen anyone's fun but rather give another perspective on things. Why don't people want other characters getting more promotional attention instead of being mostly bypassed?

Hate to jump in the middle of this, but I really don't understand why you can't see how much of a zealot you're being about the whole Jesse thing. I like her too, but.. come on, man. Aeris and Tifa are two of the most iconic videogame characters of all time. They are core to the game's overall story; Jesse's not. I, personally, would rather see an infinite information flow about both of them over anything about Jesse (even though I like Jesse.)

Top Bottom