FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I have good news... and bad news.

The press site added more images. The profile shots for Reno and Rude are 5002x5002, but.... look like they were scaled up from a lower resolution and are not of the same quality we had earlier (before they replaced the hi-res images with resized versions), where you could see the intricate details of the textures.

usvTnj8.jpg

E7NsO8s.jpg

There's also keyart for Aerith and Barret. However while the "OG" versions are good, the Aerith one seems to be suffering from some JPG compression (which I suppose is not particularly surprising given this 3900x3056 image is only 470KB, the Barret one has less compression at 985KB).

0MSEbOJ.jpg

xtkj0nW.jpg

Very nice stuff! Now all we need are profile shots for Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge like they just did for Reno and Rude. And for them to remake Tifa's classic wallpaper (and then Red's once he's likely revealed next month).

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
"As a result, the game that is about to be born surpasses even my own expectations as the one who voiced the desire to take this endeavour on in the first place. In fact, the one who’s looking forward to playing this game the most right now might actually be me. "

YOSHINORI KITASE - PRODUCER

Bold words, Kitase-san. Game on.

P.S. I'm keeping it together for the forums, but irl I'm losing my shit pretty hard.

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
I am now waiting for a render of Sephiroth.
Please, Square enix, make it happen! (A shirtless Sephiroth would be great, SE)
We are waiting for a render of Sephiroth, we, you and I, plural! It has to happen, it has to! You'll hear my fangirlish pterodactyl screeches when they reveal it. No matter where in the world you are! :lol:

*Fangirlish pterodactyl screeches*

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm really pleased with this weapon core stuff. The notion that carrying around materia through enough battles could permanently impart physical augmentation vindicates one of my headcanons from years and years ago that the insane acrobatics we see from Tifa, Yuffie, etc. in AC(C) could have been a result of that very thing -- a la magicite in FFVI.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
49118747378_feca01d4a5_b.jpg

I feel like I'm missing something obvious in this picture. Why does the Buster Sword have a 15 next to it, while all the others have 55? My first thought was attack value, but three having the same value seems weird, and the icon above it doesn't imply "attack strength" at all (to me at least).

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
That makes so much more sense, thank you. I thought the light bar behind it was part of the symbol, so to me it looked like a sword with some light snaking around it.
It is SP! I thought it was some kinda symbol like the junction icon but it’s just letters ?
Great minds think alike? Haha.

Reactions: Ite

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Nice!

Also, now I see that we officially got a T rating here in the States as shown in that short clip. Now the dream of an extremely bloody Shinra HQ and Barret calling the plate a "fucking pizza" uncensored are now gone lol.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
"fucking pizza," yes. Bloody, not necessarily. Zack was pretty torn up and that game was Teen.

And Uncharted 4 was both violent and featured liberal usage of "shit," :monster:

Yeah it's different nowadays and much more lax than it used to be. Seeing this game use the word shit back in 1998 was pretty surprising to me and very few games actually did it (and they were usually rated M). I never saw the word shit be used in another mainline entry for a long time (I think FFXV was the first one since then). The original got away with a lot and initially only had "Realistic Violence" listed under it's T Rating before another print of it came out later.

I was mainly saying I wanted a hallway that looked similar to the one in MGS1 before you take on the Cyborg Ninja, but knew that was going to be a dream lol. I would've been surprised to see if FFVIIR got a Mature rating since this series is geared towards that age group anyways.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
.:·*♥*·:..:·*♥*·:..:·*♥*·:. *Fangirlish pterodactyl screeches* .:·*♥*·:..:·*♥*·:..:·*♥*·:.

Why can't I like that post more than once?? OH My GoD look at Reno and that wallpaper!! ♥

Top Bottom