FFVIIR Original Soundtrack

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
I'm happy that Mako Reactor 5 is exactly that sweet infiltration BGM. Starting to feel that this is gonna be a complete package finally after the release.

Thanks Tetsu for info on the samples! Now I can't wait for my package even more... I'll add that ordered extra Xenogears Creid and Monster Hunter World soundtracks as well.

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
I’m pretty sure that version of “Anxiety” in disc 1 plays during the flashback Cloud has of Tifa as a kid in the beginning of the remake (“are you ignoring me?!”) but the subtitle is “False Memories”...interesting...

I read on a post on reddit that the false memory part could be about Cloud thinking that he and Tifa were childhood friends but that the memory itself happened.

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
I thought about this as well but I thought Tifa was the one who misremembered her and Cloud’s friendship?
I know that the jp line of Clouds quote in the Lifestream scene is different in the OG, he doesn't say that the others kids didn't let him join in their group but that he wasn't able to get over himself and reach out to them, so the memory Cloud sees in the remake would fit that pretty well

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Taking a quick look at the track lengths, the repeat boss battle tracks (e.g. The Airbuster, The Valkyrie, Rufus Shinra, etc.) are the same length as their regular OST versions. In fact, the lame crossfade around the two minute mark in Rufus Shinra is still present. Perhaps the mixing is different, but at first glance it doesn't appear the repeat tracks have been changed. This isn't the case for tracks that also had their title updated (e.g. Midgar Expressway - Long Ver.)

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm putting together my combined OST and Plus playlist. Over 250 songs, almost 13 hours of music :'D
I also edited a few tracks for better flow. There are tracks that are meant to seamlessly flow into the next song in-game but just end with a standard fade out on the album, for example: Run, Dammit, Run -> The Valkyrie or the three cutscene tracks before the final boss rush. I changed it so they are gapless again. No idea why they didn't make them gapless themselves, why do I gotta do everything around here, SQEX? :@

Slightly salty though that there still isn't a full version of Hand over Hand...

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I also made my own combined playlist. Here the 12 tracks from the regular OST that I didn't include because they're either duplicated or extended in the OST Plus release:

Bombing Mission
Let the Battles Begin! - A Merc's Job (added, see next post)
Crab Warden (added, see later post)
The Airbuster
Anxiety (removed, see next post)
Aerith's Theme - Home Again
Ghoul
Infinity's End
The Valkyrie
Jenova Quickening
Rufus Shinra
The Arsenal
Midgar Expressway

Bombing Mission received an extended version called Bombing Mission - Infiltration and Aerith's Theme - Home Again received an extended version called Aerith's House.

I think Anxiety from the regular OST is identical to Anxiety - Sector 5 Undercity from the OST Plus release. Not sure the reason for the name change or why it's included. @Tetsujin are you able to hear a difference?

After removing the 11 above, my playlist comes to 251 tracks. Please let me know about any other duplicated or extended songs. Before today I really only listened to the boss battle music, so I'm not too knowledgeable on the rest of the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Anxiety and Anxiety Sector 5 are definitely different, it's mostly low-key changes to the arrangement though. The strings in the beginning sound different and there's a few subtle changes here and there. I kept both of them in the list because of that. And yet, I too have 251 tracks...
edit: Let the Battles Begin - A Merc's Job is also a duplicate btw

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed by OST Plus. I was expecting a bit "more" from it... I guess. As stated before, many tracks are repeats and sound guys didn't get above to deliver some fancy arrangements for the extra cutscene music. At least got some extra music along side it :)

ps. that memo bonus WTF... Where are my Tifa's boots?!

Attachments

• IMG_2411.JPEG
    IMG_2411.JPEG
    400.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2412.JPEG
    IMG_2412.JPEG
    298 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2413.JPEG
    IMG_2413.JPEG
    510.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2405.JPEG
    IMG_2405.JPEG