FFVIIR Original Soundtrack

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
These little in-game remix CDs are sick. Great for world building too. That DJ shoving Hip Hop de Chocobo on everyone, I was feeling it.

I was concerned they weren't gonna get Rotting Pizza right, but it was perfect.

As far as entirely new tracks are concerned, this is probably my favorite so far:

Mirage

Rookie Adventurer
Tried to pre order the soundtrack Special Edit, but it's sold out everywhere, does anybody know if they might restock before launch or if this is over for me :(?

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Tried to pre order the soundtrack Special Edit, but it's sold out everywhere, does anybody know if they might restock before launch or if this is over for me :(?
You can always try Amazon Japan or japanese import sites like CDJapan or something.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I remember when we all wondered what OG track that was supposed to be. In a way, it's a power to the new tracks that they can actually make us wonder that at all.

I’m finding the track very familiar sounding. It sounds very quintessentially FFVII. The background melody in the battle version sounds similar to the song that plays when Cloud fights the SHM for the first time in AC. The main melody... sounds like it has bits of the main theme from the OG in a different key. Maybe I’m hearing bits of Mako Reactor as well. What’s interesting about game soundtracks is the motifs that they hide everywhere.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
These little in-game remix CDs are sick. Great for world building too. That DJ shoving Hip Hop de Chocobo on everyone, I was feeling it.

I was concerned they weren't gonna get Rotting Pizza right, but it was perfect.

As far as entirely new tracks are concerned, this is probably my favorite so far:
I really liked that one. Also the one during
Bigg's death

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

Pre-oders are still open on Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B0862F99BB/

You can even get this mini-memo pad via that link:
5KvDCdK.jpg

There are other memo pads exclusive to certain stores in Japan, though I think Amazon Japan is the easiest to deal with for those outside Japan.

Last edited:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm wondering something though, now that we're talking about this - the demo leaks had a full jukebox OST with remixed tracks from other FF games (I specifically remember Dancing Mad being in there). I wonder if they're going to appear in DLC at some point?
I'm curious what the post-launch plan was, and I'm also curious if that's changed because of COVID. I know FFXIV had a patch delayed, so if they were planning dlc or updates for the remake, maybe that all got delayed too.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I'm wondering something though, now that we're talking about this - the demo leaks had a full jukebox OST with remixed tracks from other FF games (I specifically remember Dancing Mad being in there). I wonder if they're going to appear in DLC at some point?
All of the Jukebox tracks that weren't the actual final ones were placeholders from various different albums

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I would assume that they were just placeholders.

Top Bottom