FFVIIR Original Soundtrack

Fangu

Great Old One
Been listening to this. There's a lot of interesting new tracks - some could be taken straight out of XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR or KV. (Probably KH too, I wouldn't know it.) Take for instance "Infinity's End" or "Those in need", those are straight up XIII tracks*. Or like, XIII 2020 style. There were also some electric guitars in chapter 17 that could have been taken straight out of Yakuza. They're good though, it's just so striking.
* Considering the location in at least IE, that might have been deliberate - as an homage. I can get into that.

I'm not a big fan to what they did to some of the pure 'remade' tracks, but that's just me. The ones they completely skewed (like Oppressed People battle remix) are my favourites.

Fangu

Great Old One
Yeah but still interesting he had such free hands with this, using his existing (in other games) style for this. I'm sure a composer has more range than that. (Or maybe not, who knows :P) Makes me think it's deliberate in some way. idk.
Most likely he's just someone on payroll that was given free reigns :monster:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Samples for Disc 3 have been added:

bc4VDQv.png

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
You know, I was thinking recently about the track "The Look on Her Face". It's from
Jessie's "death" scene (I put it in quotes because of the possibility the ending left us that she's still alive), but the track refers to Tifa - you can tell because Jessie's first line in that scene is about that very thing. So the track and its name end up being all about Tifa when it's supposed to be Jessie's song and Jessie's moment. Just a little miffed about that, especially since the two had next to no interaction on screen before this moment, which makes Tifa's grief a little hard to take in because we haven't actually seen hardly anything of their friendship, not enough to make her breakdown believable.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You know, I was thinking recently about the track "The Look on Her Face". It's from
Jessie's "death" scene (I put it in quotes because of the possibility the ending left us that she's still alive), but the track refers to Tifa - you can tell because Jessie's first line in that scene is about that very thing. So the track and its name end up being all about Tifa when it's supposed to be Jessie's song and Jessie's moment. Just a little miffed about that, especially since the two had next to no interaction on screen before this moment, which makes Tifa's grief a little hard to take in because we haven't actually seen hardly anything of their friendship, not enough to make her breakdown believable.

The name of the song doesn't come up during the scene. It can't impact it at all.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
But it does impact the song itself. That was my point. And actually,
Jessie sort of quotes the name of it in her first line - "Oh, Tifa... if you could see the look on your face."

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I didn't even know the name of the song when I saw the scene, as I imagine most folks won't. No one is watching it thinking "This scene is all about Tifa."

Besides, Jessie is the one to say the line the title of the scene is apparently derived from. So one could easily interpret the title as being about Jessie's state of mind there.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It's the same thing with
the song that plays during the scene with Biggs and Cloud. Most people are going to associate both songs with Jessie and Biggs, no matter the song titles

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hmmm... @Jairus maybe you could think about it this way: the song is all about her experience seeing her friends in this dire moment, that’s why it’s not called “The Look On My Face.”

Top Bottom