FFX

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I always thought it was odd that Auron was all like, "Here is your father's sword."

Then five minutes later Wakka was like, "Here is my brother's sword."

I know I'm nit-picking but only one meaningful sword gift per story, please. :P

AvecAloes

Donator
Well, knowing Tidus's feelings towards his father, the only meaningful one at the time might have been Wakka's brother's, anyway :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh I know, that is why make that first sword be just a random sword. Why did it even have to be Jecht's sword? It could just be some random spare that Auron keeps around in case of emergencies. :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
Maybe it had to be Jecht's sword to intrigue Tidus. "oh hey, here I am with a sword from this guy you haven't seen in years and let's fight all these monsters and oh would you like to know more?"

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Eh...

I still think it was unnecessary. They were surrounded by fiends. I would take a sword no matter who was giving it to me. Self defense, yo.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Oh I know, I agree. Give me something to defend myself with, I don't care what it is or whose it was :P
When Auron gave Tidus the sword, I bet he wasn't thinking about his old man. He was thinking "why couldn't you have given me a Blitzball instead?" Everyone knows they make the best weapons :monster:

Aminee Starlight

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Maybe it had to be Jecht's sword to intrigue Tidus. "oh hey, here I am with a sword from this guy you haven't seen in years and let's fight all these monsters and oh would you like to know more?"

I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's your father's sword, fight with me, maybe?

I enjoyed Final Fantasy X and X-2. X-2 more than X because you got to play as Yuna, which was something I wish could have been an option in X. I didn't mind Tidus like a lot of people did, but I would have loved an unlockable scenario that allowed you to replay the game more from Yuna's perspective.

I can't wait for the HD collection! I'm so psyched! FFX is one of the greatest stories every told with some of the most memorable characters. I really wish they had released a Braska, Jecht, Auron game though...

Top Bottom