FINAL FANTASY 14

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I'm not too thrilled, considering the utter fail that FFXI was as an online game. Great story once you got in, but it was a pain in the ass to level. One of the fun things about Final Fantasy is that they tell a story about a group of ragtag heroes, and that's pretty hard to do on an individualized online basis. I'll have to wait and see on this one.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Stfu, Scott. Online =/= shit. :monster:

Especially if its for the PS3 and PC.
I fail to see what the point in buying a game merely to pay even more money every month just because you can make clans and shout asl to gingers with no souls.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
But in online Final Fantasy, YOU are the hero :duhard:
But that's the issue. EVERYONE is the fucking hero, and it's hard to make a game revolving around each individual player.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah I get your point :monster:

But I still think it could be fun having your own adventure yourself and experiencing the world first hand. FFXI had a fun story and was pretty engrossing. As you said, the bad part was how fucking difficult the damn game was and how much grinding it took to be able to not get one-shotted by beastmen all the time.

@Kurado

I'm adding your trailer to the front page :monster:

AKA
FFXI was wank, in terms of the plot the expansions and the general time taken for you to get around to do some proper shit.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I fail to see what the point in buying a game merely to pay even more money every month

This.

It's high wishful thinking on my part to hope that it's all free beyond the price of the game. :wacky:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
I'm gonna give it a go. I live with my brother and sister, so it's like pocket change if we go in together with a fee.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Hey, we might not have to pay a monthly fee, you never know. There've been online games where you pay a full price for the game itself, and they make more money off expansions and selling items ingame.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
If that's the case with XIV, then you will see me playing that game.

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
:O WHAT?!? O.O

Just how much info on this do we have?

This does make me worry, there have been so many rumours of the FFVII remake being a surprise release but I always doubted it as square has never done something like that before, what if the FFVII remake is going to be a surprise release like this but worse, what if it suddenly is released for sale the day it comes out!? :scared:

Some one calm me down please

xxx

Akemmi

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You make no sense.

Calm down.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
What?

They did confirm VII being put up on the PSN, FYI. Nothing about a remake still, though.

AKA
Hey, we might not have to pay a monthly fee, you never know. There've been online games where you pay a full price for the game itself, and they make more money off expansions and selling items ingame.

Only good game ive ever seen work with no subscription fees is starcraft! :awesome:

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Another MMO Final Fantasy Game Square-Enix? This is bad comedy.

I think the chances of it having no monthly fee are very slim, considering these days gaming companies are more greedy than ever (see charging for downloadable content when once upon a time theyd offer it up for free). Also I try to avoid MMORPG's since they consume all your time not to mention your soul.

AKA
How about dorky red headed twins who like to asl with random strangers?

Because that's what it's gonna be like throughout the game.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Then don't play it :awesome:

When we get our e-girlfriends/e-boyfriends you'll be all alone with your alcohol. AND THAT'LL SHOW YOU :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
I was hit on by some Japanese player in FFXI. He gave me a scroll of Ice Spikes when I was level 14. Trufax. :awesome:

Top Bottom