Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children Complete Digital Release Poll - 720p or 1080p

720p or 1080p Release

• 720p

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 1080p

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Don't release. Force people to buy it!

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Oh no, no blocks or anything. This was high quality. As I said, in it's full size the window was bigger than my monitor, but when I chose full screen it fit perfectly and ran smoothly with a high quality picture.

Or is that what you meant?

Oh if it's bigger than your screen then yeah it's downscaling. Which video are we talking about? lol I remember downloading a video for FFXIII gameplay trailer and it said 1080p, but the picture was pretty bad. I downscaled it to 720p and it looked much better.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm talking about this trailer:

Cloud_S downloaded it from PSN and threw it up on RapidShare (or at least he found it there, but he's good at ripping stuff lol). It was very high quality.

Katrak

>.>
Yeah I have that same trailer you downloaded Tennyo. It was a lot bigger than my 1280x800 monitor if set to normal size in MPC. Really high quality rip.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Oh I just went on to my PSN Japan and realized now that you are allowed to copy trailers to USB sticks lol So I copied it over. FF7ACC Safe And Sound Trailer = 301MB and the FFXIII Gameplay Trailer = 191MB is it the same as what you guys have? I might remake the trailer I subbed and release as 1080p, this copy looks a hella lot better. I can actually see the frekles on Reno's face lol

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It makes sense for them to do so. They know that word of their product will travel faster that way. Word of mouth advertising, ftw.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
lol Awesome. :)

It's a good thing you mentioned the whole, Cloud_S took from PSN. Otherwise I would've never tried. Really I should've done this from the start :( But oh well here it comes. 190MB Glory of 1080p! lol 9000 bitrate of untouched video. Exactly the same as it appears when viewed on your PS3. 50 minutes left till it's done.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Awesome. I think I just found a link to it somewhere and then just uploaded it to a file-host. Or maybe I just found it on filefront.... I don't remember anymore. :P

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
imho, we should make a post or a couple of posts with your trailers, for great justice and if you'd allow us to.

knifethesky77

Lv. 1 Adventurer
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████▓▓▓▓▓▒███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒████▓▓▓████▓▒▒████▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒███▓▓█▒█▒██▓▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒███▓▓▓█▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▓▓▒▓█▒▒▒▓█▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▓▓▓████████▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▒▒▒▒▒██▓█▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▒█▓▓█▒███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▓▒▒▒▒▓███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████▓▓▓▓████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓██████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒███▓██████████████▓▓▓▓▒▒▒
▒▒███████▓██████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓
██████████▓▓███████████▓█▓▓▓▓▓

1080p yo

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
People should download the 1080p trailer and see if they can play it on their machine. If anyone needs help playing it, now's the time to test it out.

knifethesky77

Lv. 1 Adventurer
im running 32bit windows 7 build 7077
core 2 duo 2.4 gHz
4 gb ram
nvidia 7900 256mb vram
screen res 1440x900

while playing the trailer in vlc player the video portion freezes but the audio plays on
maybe ill take back my previous comment and say 720p haha

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fuck, I remember that video.

...Now that I think about it, my laptop probably couldn't handle 1080, because it couldn't handle playing that trailer.

I want to change my vote :wacky:

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
im running 32bit windows 7 build 7077
core 2 duo 2.4 gHz
4 gb ram
nvidia 7900 256mb vram
screen res 1440x900

while playing the trailer in vlc player the video portion freezes but the audio plays on
maybe ill take back my previous comment and say 720p haha

Try installing CCCP and installing CoreAVC. I'm sure that'll fix whatever problems. My office machine is playing it okay. C2D 1.86 1GB GMA950 Graphics.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yeah the screen keeps freezing for seconds at a time. Definitely gonna want the 720 version. :monster:

knifethesky77

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Try installing CCCP and installing CoreAVC. I'm sure that'll fix whatever problems. My office machine is playing it okay. C2D 1.86 1GB GMA950 Graphics.

it definitely helped but there is a noticeable slowdown in frames per second while trying to watch in vlc player and windows media player classic, im gonna have to vote for 720p, could it be because of my monitor not supporting the resolution of the video so my comp has to scale the video to fit the screen?

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Resolution has no effect on how well it plays. Just the codecs you use and player really. My laptop is only 1280x800 but it plays the file perfectly. Actually the office machine with 1.86 C2D lags at certain spots so it isn't 100% playable. But my laptop is a 2.4Ghz just like the above person, so it should play the same. My CPU usage is around 65% using CoreAVC. If you are using laptops be sure to plug it in or set to maximium power usage.

Katrak

>.>
I had issues getting it to run smoothly at first. It's kinda helpful to shut off any processes you have running. Like I had skype, mirc, firefox and a couple other miscellaneous things running in the background along with MPC, so it was laggy as hell. Closed everything and viola, smooth sailing. I'm in 1280x800 and 1.80GHz, so it's possible to have no issues.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
I had issues getting it to run smoothly at first. It's kinda helpful to shut off any processes you have running. Like I had skype, mirc, firefox and a couple other miscellaneous things running in the background along with MPC, so it was laggy as hell. Closed everything and viola, smooth sailing.

lol That would definitely help too. But, it shouldn't affect it too much, unless your CPU is already borderline for minimum speed to play 1080p.

Top Bottom