Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children Complete Digital Release Poll - 720p or 1080p

720p or 1080p Release

• 720p

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 1080p

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Don't release. Force people to buy it!

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Oh ok. Thanks :)

I'll probably make a small FAQ sometime soon. Just so we can get as many people to play these files on their computers as smoothly as possible. For those who can't play the 1080p though, there will be a 720p. And for those with a PS3, you'll probably be grabbing a PS3 1080p copy anyway lol

knifethesky77

Lv. 1 Adventurer
im running 32bit windows 7 build 7077
core 2 duo 2.4 gHz
4 gb ram
nvidia 7900 256mb vram
screen res 1440x900

while playing the trailer in vlc player the video portion freezes but the audio plays on
maybe ill take back my previous comment and say 720p haha

to those of us running windows 7 - i installed the special nvidia driver for windows 7 then played the trailer in the standard windows media player and it ran smooth like butter, it still lags pretty bad in vlc and windows media player classic

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm having some pause issues as well, however I could have sworn that the Jump Festa trailer was also 1080p and I had no issues with that. :/

knifethesky77

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I'm having some pause issues as well, however I could have sworn that the Jump Festa trailer was also 1080p and I had no issues with that. :/

i know what you mean, i have other 1080p videos on my computer and they ran smooth without me coaxing them first

Reference

Likes The Bartender
I'll probably make a small FAQ sometime soon. Just so we can get as many people to play these files on their computers as smoothly as possible. For those who can't play the 1080p though, there will be a 720p. And for those with a PS3, you'll probably be grabbing a PS3 1080p copy anyway lol

Cool. :joy:

And yeah, there's always 720p. Codecs could only go so far. If the processor really can't handle it... then :rage:. I know from experience with my old computer. I had CCCP and CoreAVC but still lagged. Taskman says 100% on CPU usage. lol :lol:

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
I'm not sure what kind of 1080p files you're downloading, but when they're encode to H264 it takes a certain amount of CPU power. This trailer is similar to what the release will be like, roughly somewhere around 8000 kb/s for bitrate. Most movies released online that are 1080p are also similar to this trailer. So if you can play this trailer it's just good measure for anything you download in the future.

Reference

Likes The Bartender
I'm not sure what kind of 1080p files you're downloading, but when they're encode to H264 it takes a certain amount of CPU power. This trailer is similar to what the release will be like, roughly somewhere around 8000 kb/s for bitrate. Most movies released online that are 1080p are also similar to this trailer. So if you can play this trailer it's just good measure for anything you download in the future.

Oh that's probably why. The 1080p files I tried to play in my old PC are h.264. :p

Oh well, my new desktop is all good and ready for ACC. :awesome: Hopefully.

Btw, I'm curious- does the file size and length of the video affect CPU usage? Wouldn't there be a difference between playing the trailer and the huge BD rip?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Downloaded both program files you suggested, now downloading the trailer for the third time to make sure it works because on firefox when I download it I dunno where it goes. ._. Let's hope that doesn't happen with the movie.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Oh that's probably why. The 1080p files I tried to play in my old PC are h.264. :p

Oh well, my new desktop is all good and ready for ACC. :awesome: Hopefully.

Btw, I'm curious- does the file size and length of the video affect CPU usage? Wouldn't there be a difference between playing the trailer and the huge BD rip?

Not exactly but to some extent yes. Like, the bigger the filesize the larger the bitrate is.

But you can have a trailer that's 2 minutes long and a movie that is 2 hours long, but still have the same bitrate. Only difference is the filesize. The 2 minute one will be like 200MB while the 2 hour movie will be 7.5GB.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Downloaded both program files you suggested, now downloading the trailer for the third time to make sure it works because on firefox when I download it I dunno where it goes. ._. Let's hope that doesn't happen with the movie.

I only re-uploaded the video like 2 minutes ago, hopefully it'll still work lol Or you can resume the last bit. Make sure the file is 190mb.

Reference

Likes The Bartender

Haha I know what you mean about FireFox. For future reference, when you CTRL+J on FireFox, the download window comes up so when your download finishes, you can right click and "Open Containing Folder". It opens the folder the file is in. Also, you can set the destination folder of your downloads in preference. :)

Not exactly but to some extent yes. Like, the bigger the filesize the larger the bitrate is.

But you can have a trailer that's 2 minutes long and a movie that is 2 hours long, but still have the same bitrate. Only difference is the filesize. The 2 minute one will be like 200MB while the 2 hour movie will be 7.5GB.

Oh I see. Cool :)

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Well I just downloaded it again and despite using those two other programs it still lags. VLC lags a lot worse than Windows Media player. But it's still the same problem with the video freezing and the audio and subtitles still going. =/

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Well I just downloaded it again and despite using those two other programs it still lags. VLC lags a lot worse than Windows Media player. But it's still the same problem with the video freezing and the audio and subtitles still going. =/

First what CPU do you have?

It could be you have other codecs installed that are conflicting with CoreAVC (I'm assuming you installed the latest CoreAVC).

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Dell Dimension DM061
Intel Core 2 CPU
6300 @ 1.86GHz
1.86 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM

Oh don't bother lol I have a similar setup downstairs it didn't work. You could however try overclocking your CPU to around 2.1. If you can do that, you'll be able to play it without issue. However, I'm not teaching you that. Too many steps to explain, there are several good guides out there though.

Isabella

Your Mom
D:
All this tech stuff scares me. I guess I'll have to wait until I get my copy (which was shipped yesterday, yay), unless someone is kind enough to put it on youtube.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Not to mention overclocking can be really, really risky if you don't know what you're doing and you overclock it too much XD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I feel like I'm right on the cusp of getting it to work. I updated VLC and deleted some unused stuff off my desktop. I also close all the programs. It got better but it still lags a bit. :/

Hey what about a .mp4 file? What is the difference in that? That might have been the file extension for the Jump Festa trailer.

Also should I try redownloading the trailer?

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
I feel like I'm right on the cusp of getting it to work. I updated VLC and deleted some unused stuff off my desktop. I also close all the programs. It got better but it still lags a bit. :/

Hey what about a .mp4 file? What is the difference in that? That might have been the file extension for the Jump Festa trailer.

Also should I try redownloading the trailer?

Containers won't affect the playability (MKV vs MP4). They do the exact same thing. I used MKV though so I could add in the softsubs. I'd recommend stop using VLC as it isn't very softsub friendly. MPC with Haali Video Renderer is much better. Be sure to install CoreAVC and disable any other H264 decoders.

Assuming your computer meets CPU requirements you should be fine. The Jump Festa copy you probably downloaded most like either was not 1080 or the bitrate was considerably much lower than usual 1080 videos.

Top Bottom