Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete SCENE CHANGES COMPILATION. *SPOILERS*

Ryusuke

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Taken from a guy who seen the movie at Gamefaqs.

Xenoserphia said:
I happend to officially get the copy one day earlier. And here, I'll post off the scene differences and modifications from the movie itself, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION IF YOU DON'T WANNA GET SPOILED.

Note : THIS IS FOR JAPANESE VERSION.

- Instead of the 498 years ago scene started off with the Northern Cave scene, it starts with Kadaj and Rufus having a conversation at the abandoned building of Edge. While halfway talking, they had a flashback (2 weeks ago)

- Majority of the scenes are modified, With camera differences and such.

- Marlene's voice pitch is higher, so it is safe to assume that her role got revoiced, totally.

- It is also hinted/or assumed that Cloud got his Geostigma from Denzel considering that both of them had a light body contact when Cloud first found Denzel.

- Zack plays a very major role in how Cloud won Sephiroth. Sephiroth ALMOST killed Cloud (blood splatter everywhere, etc) but Cloud has a white vision of Zack giving his last minute encouragement, which gives Cloud the remaining will to go on.

- Cloud's Omnislash.5 now deals 13 hits instead of 6 from the original version.

- Geostigma's backstory is further expanded.

- Cloud's flashback scene of Zack is almost directly taken from Crisis Core itself.

- There is an additional afterword of the movie : Cloud built a proper grave for Zack. And the Buster Sword is relocated to the Church slums (where the fountain is)

- Kadaj's dialogue with Rufus is extended, with the Meteor scene flashback and Sephiroth's turn away walking into the flame scene (including others too) during the dialogue is removed.

- Tifa's battle with Loz, Cloud's battle with Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz, How Cloud defeats Bahamut SIN, Reno & Rude VS Yazoo and Loz, Cloud VS Kadaj second round remained the same. The only difference would be additional effects added to the characters (like getting dirty with dusty effects, etc)

- Bahamut SIN seems to have a different color scheme now, but if one can confirm it would be nice.

- The movie is about 2 hours and 38 seconds if I remember correctly

- The second part of the end credits are also revamped with a digest scenes from the movie AND a new end song (you all should know by now)

- Cid's appearance is slightly modified

- Reno and Rude no longer climb themselves silly to get Rufus anymore XD

- There is a slight modification on how Vincent saved Cloud. Instead of the cape, it shows a little bit of Vincent's face while shooting at Kadaj.

- Water physics affects characters in a degree now this time. When they are in water, THEY REMAIN WET (Example when Denzel is being showered with the water of Lifestream water). But the same cannot be said to Cloud (How can you fall down into a fountain, wake up, and still look dry?)

- Additional dialogue is added when Cloud suffers the Geostigma effect during his visit on the place where Zack died. Cloud's dialogue also got majority reworked to fit Crisis Core. And Sephiroth's dialogue is exactly the same to the dialogue after you defeat Jenova LIFE during the end of Disc 1.

Anymore will be added from time to time.

Correction : the movie is 2 hours, 6 minutes and 26 seconds.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=920785&topic=49085984

A

Great Old One
I love you Ryu.

That's awesome. I just wish he/she would add more about the twenty minute movie... is there even one?

Damn lucky guy.

Wow thanks...

Man now I'm all pumped again. I hope this tides me over.

- It is also hinted/or assumed that Cloud got his Geostigma from Denzel considering that both of them had a light body contact when Cloud first found Denzel.
I thought it had to do with the Jenova cells in him but whatever.

Pixel

The Pixie King
The second part of the end credits are also revamped with a digest scenes from the movie AND a new end song (you all should know by now)
Wonder what that means. hope its not just clips. That would be shit

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Geostigma is explicitly stated as not being contagious. This person just maybe didn't understand the scene.

Some other stuff from some summaries I've seen:

The conversation between Rufus and Kadaj is about destruction and creation and the tendency for mankind to repeat these paterns. It happens while they ride up the under-construction building in an elevator, and as they stand on the ledge.

The Great Northern Cave scene is longer, and has the new sequence with Elena and Tseng. There's also some new scenes of Rude in the helicopter.

The FFVII flashback scene with Marlene's narration now has Cait Sith's cave moogle doll, and other alterations/improvements.

Geostigma is shown much more graphically, with a new scene of a man suffering an attack and collapsing while black puss gushes out of him. He falls to the ground and is ignored by passers-by. Black puss also drips off Denzel's forehead and onto a towel. There's a scene where the Moogle Girl's little brother dies from Geostigma, and that's who she got the doll from.

The scene where Tifa answers Cloud's phone has been reworked, and there is now a news report on in the background, which discusses things like Geostigma.

The flashback to the scene of Denzel from OtWtaS happens when Cloud is riding through the Wastelands and his phone starts to ring.

Denzel dashes out of Seventh Heaven because he thinks he hears Fenrir, but it's actually Yazoo's motorcycle. He goes with the Moogle Girl and they talk in the back of Loz's truck at sunset.

As mentioned, the sequence with Cloud at Zack's grave is extended with scenes from Crisis Core, including Zack protecting Cloud from gunfire, hiding him and patting him on the head, as well as Zack's death. The dialogue is also changed to better reflect the events of Crisis Core, and Sephiroth asks him why he's pretending to feel sorry, and says it's not neccesary because he's just a puppet.

Immediately after the new scenes with Reno and Rude in Healin, in which they talk about things and mention being worried about Tseng and Elena, Kadaj infiltrates the building by seeping in through the door in the form of a black mist. This along with the new scenes in the Northern Cave and some of Kadaj's other feats seem to be intended to help convey that the Remnants are not exactly corporeal beings.

You can see dirt and mud on the clothing as the fight between Tifa and Loz goes on in the church.

The scene with the Remnants at the Forgotten Capital, where Kadaj imbeds a materia in his arm, is extended, and Loz mentions something that I believe foreshadows what Kadaj does later on with the remains of Jenova's head. Kadaj gets irritated at Loz.

The dialogue between Reno, Rude, and the Remnants at the Meteor monument is changed, and the line where Yazoo says, "his faith in you equals zero" is removed.

The scene where Cloud goes into Healin to meet Rufus is changed up a bit.

The structure of the fight against Bahamut Shin is mostly unchanged. As mentioned before, you can see it's armor gets broken apart and chipped off during the fight, though, changing it's appearance.

There's a scene where a Tifa is almost crushed by falling debris, and Cloud has a flashback to when Sephiroth killed Aerith. It spurns Cloud to protect Tifa. They both ride Fenrir to find Denzel's location.

At the monument, Denzel sees the destruction around him and has a flashback to the Sector Seven collapse, snapping him out of his daze.

There's a scene at Seventh Heaven with Marlene where she asks him if his Geostigma hurts, and he says it's not as bad as Denzel's. Cloud mentions that he can't save himself, and Marlene says something like, "a man who can't save himself can at least save others," and says it's something her father said. This leads to the dialogue with her in the more recent trailer.

At the under construction building, Kadaj pulls the materia out of his arm and plays with it like a ball while talking to Rufus.

The scene with Rufus leaping off the building has been changed so they don't scramble after him, and he instead climbs down on his own and stands up in front of all four Turks.

During the Highway Chase sequence, when Yazoo ramps his motorcycle into Reno and Rude's helicopter, it ends up causing them to crash and get thrown out of it onto the highway, then it explodes. Tseng and Elena arrive in another helicopter and Elena tosses them a rope.

In the fight with Sephiroth, the sound effects of his sword strikes is changed so that it produces a ringing sound. The battle is much more brutal. After Sephiroth impales Cloud and holds him up, there's a lot of blood.

After the credits, there's a new scene that opens with the cliff Zack died on, with yellow flowers all over it. The Buster Sword has been relocated to the church. Denzel and Cloud visit it, and Denzel asks if it's a grave. Cloud says it's where a hero began his journey.

Ryusuke

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I got a question for ya Suzaku. ...did the DVD have the English track?

EDIT:

The scene where Cloud goes into Healin to meet Rufus is changed up a bit.

...so does that mean Cloud didn't interupt Rufus' explaination of how he survived? :awesome:

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
After the credits, there's a new scene that opens with the cliff Zack died on, with yellow flowers all over it. The Buster Sword has been relocated to the church. Denzel and Cloud visit it, and Denzel asks if it's a grave. Cloud says it's where a hero began his journey.
That's a great ending. :O

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
In the fight with Sephiroth, the sound effects of his sword strikes is changed so that it produces a ringing sound. The battle is much more brutal. After Sephiroth impales Cloud and holds him up, there's a lot of blood.
Oh hell yeah, I cannot wait for that.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
That's a great ending. :O

A very great ending ^_^ The Zackification of ACC is made of such win. The original AC didn't really make him seem that important.

Geostigma is shown much more graphically, with a new scene of a man suffering an attack and collapsing while black puss gushes out of him. He falls to the ground and is ignored by passers-by.
.........Holy crap. :'(

**Am I the only one that finds it odd that they decided to start it with Rufus and Kadaj? I dunno, maybe I have to see it and how it's pulled off, but it sounds really... left field.**

EDIT: ...Disregard the above starred snip. I thought they had replaced the Northern Crater scene. I really gotta learn how to read. :awesomonster:

Last edited:

lakku

cheezburger
AKA
Just lakku, everywhere.
AC Complete sounds much much much MUCH better than the original. God I love how that ending sounds. Sounds much more darker and holy hell I'm excited :D

Ryusuke

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Am I the only one that finds it odd that they decided to start it with Rufus and Kadaj? I dunno, maybe I have to see it and how it's pulled off, but it sounds really... left field.
I don't know. It seemed to make a lot of sense.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Is anyone else obsessively refreshing the page?

Lmao, you caught me.

I'm really pleased with the ending, and the flowers on Zack's grave. I'm also thrilled that Zack's sword as been moved to the new location. :joy: Kinda sucks that Yazoo's line was taken away, I liked that in the original movie.

Ah, well. I also liked Tseng and Elena rescuing Rufus.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Haha, well it is kind of hard to understand what Yazoo is actually saying there, which is I believe,

"What? Aren't the peons trusted?"

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Wow! Lots of interesting stuff! Can't wait to see some of the scenes! ^_^

On the other hand, i'm sort of tempted to post this in the front page, will all the necessary spoiler warnings and the info after a cut, but i'll wait for other staff members' opinions.

A

Great Old One
- The theme of the scene where Cloud found Tifa after she got attacked by Loz (and when Cloud's Geostigma effect takes place) has changed from the song "Water" to a Nibelheim theme (another rearranged).

New theme? Wonder what it sounds like. ^_^

Reference

Likes The Bartender
- The theme of the scene where Cloud found Tifa after she got attacked by Loz (and when Cloud's Geostigma effect takes place) has changed from the song "Water" to a Nibelheim theme (another rearranged).

New theme? Wonder what it sounds like. ^_^

A rearrangedment of "Holding My thoughts In My Heart"? Maybe?

Reference

Likes The Bartender
Wait wait wait :huh:

Wouldn't that be a reference to Cloud as the hero? Because that's where Zack dies and was all like "You're the living proof of my legacy" and etc. That's where he starts living he starts living Zack's legacy. Because he's a live. It's the beginning of Cloud's journey (as a hero).

It'd be weird to refer to Zack and say "beginning of journey" when he just died on that spot.

So like, if he's referring to Zack, is he referring to Zack as himself...what?

I'm confused. I'm slow. Someone explain it to me?

Top Bottom