Final Fantasy VII community relay

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Right, Kuroto is done, I guess she's just not posting reports. Fangu's up next - memory card incoming shortly.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I'm sorry, but I'm really busy with university stuff and trying to get everything done in time and it's difficult to find time to do a proper report. I'm glad I could find the time to even play my parts.

From my first part I can report that I played it through as fast as I could, did not get Vincent because I didn't want Cid to be named after me and that's it really.

I guess I might as well do a report of the second part. I did take a few screencaps this time.

So I went north and found Lex.
Wbwb.jpg

After which Doran went coocoo and tried to kill him. Luckily he stopped just before anyhting bad happened.
Zbwb.jpg

But then something bad happened.
bcwb.jpg

And now Lex is not allowed to do any of these things.
ccwb.jpg

And then Doran became jealous because Lex always steals the show.
dcwb.jpg

I know, so unfair.

Now Sephirot is confused.
ecwb.jpg

And then we fought, and then we won. And after that it was time to say goodbye to Lex.
gcwb.jpg

And after Lex is not there to steal the attention Doran can finally open up about his feelings.
hcwb.jpg

The End...no wait.
icwb.jpg

I hope that satisfied your needs. :P

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I messaged Fangu about the next chapter, and when she said she couldn't do it until today at the earliest, I suggested she could take the following chapter (which is supposed to be Ornstein's, but he isn't around) and let someone else do this one. I then completely forgot to mention any of that here, so nobody has done it. My bad. :monster:

Fangu, go ahead and play the chapter you were originally supposed to have (13). If anyone wants to volunteer to play chapter 14 - someone other than myself, Lex or Doran, ideally, since we're already scheduled to play three each - please make yourself known!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Fangu played her chapter, but I'm still waiting for a volunteer to do the next one. Maybe I'll see if Airling wants a double chapter.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Streaming is nice but the important thing is to keep this event moving. I'll send you the save file tomorrow if Airling hasn't replied to my PM by then. :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Airling said she'll play both chapters. Force, I'll keep you on standby in case someone else can't play their chapter later on, if that's alright?

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
All right, chapter 14 is done!

It starts with Fangu saying something I totally agree with, but he curiously opts to not swear. Say what?!
e_PSXe_2015_05_28_19_36_38_796.png

I'll never stop being grateful for these glorious pools.
e_PSXe_2015_05_28_20_54_37_109.png

Remember what I said last time about not being the most amazingly skilled player and ending up with one of the toughest bosses in the game? Rinse and repeat!

e_PSXe_2015_05_28_21_41_35_718.png

Oh Murphy you cruel bastard.
e_PSXe_2015_05_28_21_42_54_671.png

I took a moment to appreciate the beautiful scenery. I was all the more calm because I know Jenova is a push-over.
e_PSXe_2015_05_29_08_41_37_343.png

I always feel so sorry for these derps...
e_PSXe_2015_05_29_08_46_53_656.png

So Doran can lose it again. I guess he wanted to give it to Seph personally.
e_PSXe_2015_05_29_09_03_44_687.png

I kept noticing this guy. To be fair, Teiocho did go talk to him. Pretty sure he's D-E-D.
e_PSXe_2015_05_29_09_15_15_484.png

Rufus Shinra. Dishing out sick burns since the OG
e_PSXe_2015_05_29_09_20_52_531.png

Doran sulks on the ceiling because he isn't a real boy and Sephy isn't playing fair.
e_PSXe_2015_05_29_09_34_36_984.png

Meteor is coming! Doom! Inevitable DOOOOOOM! Rufus decides to calm himself by killing people.
e_PSXe_2015_05_29_09_45_14_453.png

Not sure how quickly I'll get to the next chapter!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Rufus Shinra. Dishing out sick burns since the OG
e_PSXe_2015_05_29_09_20_52_531.png

I have always loved this line. And "A good son would have known" from Advent Children is right up there with it. Rufus really is great at delivering a really biting line.

This is one of those lines I would be afraid of them changing if they did a retranslation for some future release.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
All right, here it is, chapter 15.

I noticed this for the first time. Wonder whom it's a statue of.
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_10_35_11_062.png

Bow-chicki-bow-wow.
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_10_36_17_890.png

Weapon don't care.
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_10_44_14_078.png

Oh man I can never get this thing right fast. Thankfully Arya can't really die.
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_10_54_27_796.png

Is it just me or did Sapphire Weapon just - never mind...
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_10_55_33_125.png

Scarlet's eyes weird me out. Is it the slapping, or did she always look like that? Also, why is Arya resorting to lame bitch-slapping when she can properly kick ass?
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_10_58_21_093.png

A Highwind appears!
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_10_58_46_640.png

Isn't she a beaut?;)
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_10_59_09_875.png

Is this a spelling mistake, or is it there to convey this man's odd speaking mannerism:P? *Strokes chin*
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_11_15_35_203.png

Doran asks the important questions in life.
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_11_20_41_390.png

Arya.... comforts Doran after everyone leaves.
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_11_22_17_390.png

Always makes me giggle.
e_PSXe_2015_06_03_11_25_15_093.png

I didn't buy new weapons in Mideel, just some Crystal Bangles. Also didn't sidequest. Have fun!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Tomorrow morning, my time (in about 24 hours), I'll be streaming. It will either be both chapters I'm doing or just my original one if I do the first tonight.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Okay!

Chapter 16

So I started as Teiocho on the Highwind, things seemed more or less in order. Kuroto clearly looks up to her:
oFc9IMN.png

Fangu is patient as ever:
vJI8wiT.png

:lol:

So we made for Corel to get the Huge Materia.
CIu2Ce0.png

gnVhA7H.png

Who's on the case?
AVgINbd.png

I cut it pretty close, I pretty much left equipment as it was, and it wasn't optimal for the train sequence. I was closing on being under a minute when I got to the engine, and I didn't know which cutscene would play. Fortunately, I just made it and we saved Corel. (Although the cutscene when you fail is pretty cool.)
zGgSIpo.png

We then went to Fort Condor, since we're short on money thanks to all you jokers, and I knew I wanted to buy some crystal weapons, I simply let Shinra come to me. I know you guys played plenty of this game earlier anyway. So we decided to check back on our vegetative leader.
WLgmaMp.png

But not before I hit on Teiocho a little bit:
iWdF6Ab.png

We arrived in Mideel to see Cloud but,
FerOl8o.png

The Ultima Weapon attcked! Teiocho reacted to the situation with Teiocho's usual calm demeanor.
gNKYrxA.png

cJMJI0x.png

oDyuaOn.png

The Weapon fled, Fangu was displeased,
PltFjl0.png

The town then crumbled into the Lifestream, tossing Doran and Arya into it. Arya found herself in Doran's muddled subconscious and resolved to help him piece together his identity. Finally the explanations we've awaited!

Apparently, Doran disappointed Arya in other ways:
LszYhUh.png

Although he eventually managed,
2EzIj0o.png

:monster: Sorry.

Seriously though, this part was always powerful to me:
xrYPX2Y.png

The way the camera darts around. Slowly revealing who Cloud is, and with his pained admission at remembering it.

And this line:
FAVA115.png

was always awesome. Followed by Cloud's reveal accompanied by his, and FF7's, theme song.

aiip8nL.png

D'awww

XY057r8.png

You got it!
0NsMHIn.png

Maybe not.

6UGX4GG.png

D'awww

Anyway, with Doran back together, he explains everything to the team on the Highwind, announcing the plan to continue on, and stop Meteor.

Cue catchphrase!
ypDwXsp.png

Come on, Flint, you know...the thing we say...

IpKIAUF.png

Arya then renders the support you expect from a dear friend
hgDo0N0.png

Fangu too,
l1qlRac.png

And Teiocho confesses the hardest part of being a leader
k5aQIwR.png

Chapter 17

So, where to next?
cbhsCzF.png

...very well then.

So, we head to Junon to raid the Underwater Reactor for the final Huge Materia.

Something bothers Doran,
mtc7pXw.png

But we press on, and begin carving through Shinra troops...who I always start to feel bad for at this point of the game, as they really stand no shot against us. And you're famous enough at this point that they all recognize you and comment on that when they see you.
You can run into 2nd Class SOLDIERs, which are a bit more dangerous, but with Cloud back it's not a huge deal.

QyEHRE6.png

I always liked the Crystal Sword.

We press through, Force, ever focused on the task at hand
u42SJZn.png

We catch up to Reno in the submarine bays,
eXozaqN.png

He runs off and sicks a machine on us. No problem guys! We can take it!
RKvZS3C.png

&#^$! I hate Carry Armor.

Take 2
b7AKOhN.png

went better.

However, in our distraction, they escaped!
rp9MF9M.png

That's one of the only two times Cloud swears, right? Here and when you can't reach the Megalixir in Kalm?

We dash to take the other sub. A bold officer taunts us, his subordinates know better,
TBYjEj3.png

Then, in the cockpit it's our friends from the parade! (Coincidentally, my last chapter.)
O16d1Pm.png

I take pity on them. They are grateful,
aL7aqxY.png

We pursue the red sub, and take it down easily. I really like that minigame, although the story version is laughably simple. I like the other levels in Gold Saucer. After sinking it, Shinra orders everyone back to the airport as the Huge Materia that was collected from Nibelheim will be flying from there. We disembark outside Junon...

And there we go!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
:dontpushyourluck:

Kind of a shame Teiocho didn't get to play the chapter in which she was the party leader, but them's the breaks. I should be up next but I'm going to see if she wants to take my chapter instead.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
When Carlie's in trouble, I come like nobody's business. But I'm not a damn machine, okay?!

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Chapter 18

idfMajG.png

Starting off with a trip back home where we find that Shinra has plans for my rocket. I wasn't happy and proceeded to yell at everyone.
WwXUlKT.png
XzWPaHu.png
zTwoikK.png
Qai20Gd.png

Got hold of the materia and escaped before the rocket hit meteor. Not that it helped the planet much. Flintlock suggested we pay his grandpa a visit so off to Cosmo Canyon we went. We chatted a bit and then decided to head to the Forgotten Capital.

This guy. How could I forget that he does this?

kWCPzVe.png

Finally Key in hand we returned to Bugenhagen and got to see a video of Lex getting killed. Thanks Bugenhagen.

And if we weren't sure, Fangu is here to remind us:

Ywu1KPf.png

We learnt that there may be hope for the planet after all but there is one man standing in our way. And if that weren't enough, Midgar is suddenly attacked by one of the weapons. We had a fight and the team won.

BoZ3WMs.png

That's Diamond weapon btw.

From the grainy images and the conversation afterwards I gathered that we are now heading to the North Cave to check on that barrier.

Extra:

fVzIBkc.png

I did have plans to breed some chocobos but then you'd never get the save file :monster:

Edit: To say, thank you Flintlock for letting me have your chapter. It was real fun to see my name attached to such angry ranting. There were quite a few interesting conversations being had in this chapter but I can't think of anything interesting to say about them :P

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Okay, we're back. And many important things ahead of us.

But first we gotta have some fun.

Just in time I realised that I was not at full health. Thankfully I have adequate healing items.

I'm sure Lex will understand my need was great.

In I went. And everything was going swimmingly

But then I got... distracted

Combatants shouldn't be allowed to dress that sexily.

S'Fine, we can do other stuff.

After the submarine I wanted to go snowboarding.

Oh jee, let me think about Arya.

Everyone's a critic...

Afterwards, Arya got on the board anyway.

But I'm sure that didn't work out, it's a man's game.

Freaking lucky pilot!

So I was finally gonna settle things with Sephiroth, but then padding happened.

Fangu voiced what I was thinking.

Back to Midgar, to stop the Mako cannon from shooting at Sephiroth, on the help instead of hurt setting. Why does it even have that setting?

It was very lightly defended.

Damn, right.

Well, thank you, Dr. Hojo. Nice to know someone believes in me.

Then Kuroto got all jealous and killed him, I think.

So it turns out, we still got like 7 days before the Meteor gets here, so we had some time to bum around.

I'm the greatest hero of our time.

I think Teiocho's still bummed out that his big rocket is gone.

Speaking of which,

Arya and I spend our seven days... camping, yeah..

I'm getting that autograph!

So, final battle against Sephiroth. TLS assemble!!

Kuroto's standoffish demeanor around the board is addressed.

Stay tuned for the final installment of TLS community playthrough IN

Teiocho's not gonna get an autograph, I think

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We made it to the final chapter! Good job, everyone!

If anybody wants to do some sidequesting before Lex completes the game, now's the time. Make a post in this thread saying what you intend to do and I'll PM you the memory card file. Try to play as soon as possible after receiving the file.

I don't want anyone to intentionally mess with the save any more, though. Doran was entitled to use up as many Elixirs and Megalixirs as he wanted in his chapter, but that doesn't apply to people doing sidequests. Please don't trash any Materia or sell any more than is necessary either.

When nobody wants to play any more, or in a couple of days' time - whichever comes sooner - I'll turn the save over to Lex (who is also free to do sidequests). I'm sure he'll stream the ending; hopefully as many of the previous players as possible can join him for it. :)

Top Bottom