"Final Fantasy VII Lateral Biography: TURKS - The Kids Are Alright"

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I now need more money to compensate for the biggest surprise of the novel being ruined for me by people not being able to keep their shipping lusts well enough in check not to just to running at the mouth about nonsense :sadpanda:

Fangu

Great Old One
I just mean Corneo :awesome: That would have been funny to suddenly realise when reading the book, and now it's ruined.
Oh that. And here I was hoping for something really scandalous and juicy :P I think you'd better stay off this thread though if you fear spoilers - or just label the thread "hito's updates for his tranlsation project and discussions around that ONLY" or something :)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
or people can stop with the whacked-out Google Translate messes in my presence :awesome:

The main purpose of the Active Project is, as I see it, to talk about the status of site projects, but discussions would be better off going somewhere like the Compilation forums.

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
Do you know when the books going to arrive hito?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I guess the original thread will work, but I can't remember where it is :monster:

Do you know when the books going to arrive hito?
I was about to pick something faster now that there's enough money for it, but I can't change the shipping method since they went and ninja-shipped it out in the last few hours :awesome: It should be about a week, but given that it's Christmas time that might delay it.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I'll be reading through it all once before starting, as to try and not miss any foreshadowing that I might overlook translating as I read through it. But once that's done, I'm thinking of releasing it in batches of chapters (depends on the length, I guess).

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

or people can stop with the whacked-out Google Translate messes in my presence :awesome:

Hey, that was a whacked out freehand translation, thank you very much.

Oh, Hito, want me to make a front page announcement for this, drum up some notoriety, or do you want to wait til you've made some actual progress?

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Waiting for content might make for a more interesting update, but I suppose making a proper, easily linked announcement now may help drum up awareness.

Vendel

Banned
So Cloud IS gong to be emo.. or you know sad and such... fucking a... :(

I was somewhat interested in what kind of cameo he would have. But I swear I can't take much more wangsting from him.

Because normal/happy Cloud has had about 10 minutes of screen time post FFVII.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'll be reading through it all once before starting, as to try and not miss any foreshadowing that I might overlook translating as I read through it. But once that's done, I'm thinking of releasing it in batches of chapters (depends on the length, I guess).

Thanks again for doing this, Hito. :D

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I still wanna know if they had to pay royalties to The Who for that title, lol. Maybe they only would if they released it in the West, which they probably won't.

You can't copyright a title or name. However they can be trademarked and The Who could go after them if they think that SE is trying to confuse the populace or something like that.

But in this instance, I really don't think so. :P

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
If they trademarked it, they'd actually have to go after it, otherwise you're in danger of losing a trademark. :monster:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I was somewhat interested in what kind of cameo he would have. But I swear I can't take much more wangsting from him.

1z3v0k7.png

"BECAUSE THATS THE CLOUD WE ALL REMEMBER!!!!!"

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Waiting for content might make for a more interesting update, but I suppose making a proper, easily linked announcement now may help drum up awareness.

I'll get on it shortly, then. Probably tonight after work and Princess Bride.

Cloud- period- has about 10 minutes of Post AC screentime. Reeve OR Cait Sith on their own have more screen time than Cloud does post AC.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
What was Cloud actually like in DoC? Because there is no way in hell I'm going to play it. Did he give off an impression of whisper it! Happiness? Or was he too busy looking cool?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
IS looking cool in opposition to happiness? :P I mean he wasn't all smiles or anything, but he never was, he's clearly not unhappy. He's willfully participating in a fight and clearly confident in his abilities. He even cracks a [dry] joke or two.

He, Tifa, and Barret lead the ground assault on Midgar and Deepground. While Vincent heads beneath Midgar, the three of them are tasked with destroying mako reactors. Funny, that. :P

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Play DoC anyway. You can probably get it for cheap these days, and while it's not the game of the year, it's not all that terrible. You could finish the game in a couple days.

Cloud is happy enough in DoC. I mean, we don't see much of him, but you can tell he's fine. He's never going to be Tidus-level cheerful; it's just not his personality.

Top Bottom